The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   WL vs. BWI (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3274534)

lala3291 05-08-2014 12:36 PM

WL vs. BWI

Hello!:goodvibes

I am in the midst of planning a trip in July for myself and my dear family friend's daughter who is 11. She is like family to me, and has never been to WDW before! From my signature, you can see I have been to WDW many times, but I am so torn over where to stay in July!

Our ADRs are set, and I have us all booked to stay at the WL in a courtyard view room from 7/17-7/22. I thought the WL would be good for us, but then I was playing around on the WDW site and found that I can get the BWI for a little under $200 more for the 5 nights that we are there. I have stayed at the WL and the BWI, and love them both. I am torn between the WL being closer to MK, and the BWI being walking distance from Epcot and DHS. With an 11 year old, what would you do?

Thanks in advance!

goofy4tink 05-08-2014 12:55 PM

Well, that's a hard choice, isn't it! I think either one would be perfect, but I would give a slight edge to WL. Only due to the proximity to MK. That will probably be the young lady's favorite park. The boat ride to MK is so nice. And the pool is lovely!
I also like having Roaring Forks right there. BW has nothing quite like that. Yes, they have the Bakery, and while it's vastly improved now, it isn't the same as a small food court.

lala3291 05-08-2014 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goofy4tink (Post 51391046)
Well, that's a hard choice, isn't it! I think either one would be perfect, but I would give a slight edge to WL. Only due to the proximity to MK. That will probably be the young lady's favorite park. The boat ride to MK is so nice. And the pool is lovely!
I also like having Roaring Forks right there. BW has nothing quite like that. Yes, they have the Bakery, and while it's vastly improved now, it isn't the same as a small food court.

Thank you for your quick response! Yes, it is a very hard choice.:rotfl: Caroline has been looking at some WDW books that I have given her, and she has just about every attraction on her MK "to-do" list, so I am sure we will be spending plenty of time there! I also didn't even think of QS options at the BW, I think we will really like having Roaring Forks right in the building. Thanks for your input!

LisaCM614 05-08-2014 02:48 PM

my 11 year old loves BWI! the kids love night time on the Boardwalk and love walking to Epcot and DHS. We love QS meals in Epcot!

mickeynut1 05-08-2014 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lala3291 (Post 51391092)
Caroline has been looking at some WDW books that I have given her, and she has just about every attraction on her MK "to-do" list, so I am sure we will be spending plenty of time there! I also didn't even think of QS options at the BW, I think we will really like having Roaring Forks right in the building. Thanks for your input!

I think the WL is the best option in your situation as it looks like you will be spending a lot of time at MK. The WL is not only convenient to MK, but Roaring Forks is great (IMO) for quick CS meals/snacks. I also think WL has great bus transportation to the parks. Have a great trip.