The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Resort Hopping (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3255542)

james1865 03-27-2014 04:54 PM

Resort Hopping

We are heading to Disney in about two weeks, staying at Old Key West. Will we be able to visit other Disney resorts in our car (my kids love the food court at FQ) or do you have to take the Disney bus or have dining reservations to do so? Thanks!

goofy4tink 03-27-2014 05:30 PM

You shouldn't have any issues visiting other resorts. Just tell the entry security guy that you want to check out the resort and grab a bite to eat. Checking out other resorts is fun...I do it using Disney transportation but it does take a bit longer that way.

mickeynut1 03-27-2014 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james1865 (Post 51057846)
We are heading to Disney in about two weeks, staying at Old Key West. Will we be able to visit other Disney resorts in our car (my kids love the food court at FQ) or do you have to take the Disney bus or have dining reservations to do so? Thanks!

As the pp said, you shouldn't have any problem. We (like the pp) visit other resorts and use Disney transportation, but you can certainly do it by driving. We love visiting other resorts for dining and shopping. Have a great time.

MinnieGirl33 03-28-2014 07:44 AM

One word of caution... if you are visiting during a particularly busy time they may restrict parking to guests of that resort only.

Since you are talking about POFQ I would be surprised if you had an issue but it's not uncommon at places like CR, Poly, BW during peak times or events.

spacethunder 03-28-2014 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james1865 (Post 51057846)

As another poster said they may not let you in depending on the time. For example I tried to visit Contemporary in the evening but I was turned away as guests are parking there and walking to magic kingdom instead of staying at Contemporary. If you don't have dining reservations, there is a really high chance you get turned away.

I have had better luck at non-magic kingdom resorts. When I visit AKL they let me in no questions asked, you just show them ID. It's usually easier in the morning hours if you are going for breakfast.

raven69david 03-28-2014 09:37 AM

All you do is tell them that you're going to visit the resort and let them scan your magic band. That will take all of your personal information that is linked to your MDE account and they will let you through. I did this 2 weeks ago and found it very easy to resort hop using this method.