The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Orbitz Online Check in Question (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3254588)

wendybeth75 03-25-2014 09:30 PM

Orbitz Online Check in Question
 
For those of you that have booked through Orbitz I have a question. I have my res linked to MDE. Will I have the option to do online check in since it is through Orbitz? What would the best way to request a King bed or room location. Thanks!

dansdad 03-25-2014 09:35 PM

If your reservation shows in MDE, yes you will be able to do online check in. However, during online check in is not the recommended method for making room requests. Yes, there is a section for making requests but they are predetermined and very limited. The best way is still to call and have your requests added to your reservation.

Ravenne 03-25-2014 10:11 PM

Online check in requests are very bare bones. It allows you to make very basic requests such as close to transportation, what floor you want, and that's really about it. It won't allow you to request a king size bed, or anything of the sort. I don't know if Orbitz will handle requests for you. Since you booked through a 3rd party, I don't even know if WDW will take the request over the phone. I booked a room only reservation through DCL and neither DCL nor WDW could take my requests. If they don't, you'll just have to request it upon actual physical check in.

wendybeth75 03-25-2014 11:53 PM

Thanks all! I suspected this would be so. I have done online check in before, but have always booked with WDW and had made the requests over the phone at booking. This is a long weekend trip for DH and I in June, so even if we don't have a prime room location, it is only for 3 days. I couldn't pass up the great deal through Orbitz this time since it stacked with the Disney discount!

thisismyusername 03-26-2014 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendybeth75 (Post 51042539)
Thanks all! I suspected this would be so. I have done online check in before, but have always booked with WDW and had made the requests over the phone at booking. This is a long weekend trip for DH and I in June, so even if we don't have a prime room location, it is only for 3 days. I couldn't pass up the great deal through Orbitz this time since it stacked with the Disney discount!

IF you booked CL, you can make the requests through the IPO. (The fabulous discount allowed us to book CL without dying over the price per night--I have already submitted my requests to the two IPOs at the two hotels we're staying at.)

If you didn't book CL, you can call Orbitz and ask them to call the requests into Disney. I'd offer to hold while the agent did so and cross your fingers they aren't sitting there and muting you and checking their FB page while you wait. ;)

If CL doesn't pertain to you, I would also suggest you skip online check in and do a normal check in so you can make the request when you're at the desk.

Good luck!

wendybeth75 03-27-2014 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thisismyusername (Post 51043488)
IF you booked CL, you can make the requests through the IPO. (The fabulous discount allowed us to book CL without dying over the price per night--I have already submitted my requests to the two IPOs at the two hotels we're staying at.)

If you didn't book CL, you can call Orbitz and ask them to call the requests into Disney. I'd offer to hold while the agent did so and cross your fingers they aren't sitting there and muting you and checking their FB page while you wait. ;)

If CL doesn't pertain to you, I would also suggest you skip online check in and do a normal check in so you can make the request when you're at the desk.

Good luck!

Thank You for the advice! No CL for the orbitz trip. We are staying CL next week and I had considered seeing if they would add on to the reservation our request while we are there even though it is for a different trip. That is a good idea about not doing online check in. Hopefully that will work in our favor.

WEDWDW 03-28-2014 08:30 AM

Your 12 digit Disney Reservation # should be on MDE.:)

You can call Disney with that # directly and have requests added to your Reservation.:)

Or,you can do what I do and SNAIL MAIL your requests about 10 days before your arrival date.:)

I get my requests filled EVERY trip!

I think it is because I am probably the only Guest that does this so I STAND out to the Room Assignors!lol:)

Whatever the reason,it works for me!(I rarely ever got my requests filled by calling them in):)

MakiraMarlena 03-28-2014 09:19 AM

I have an orbitz reservation. No 12 digit Disney number shows on MDX. Just the 6 digit Orbitz "hotel confirmation number."

WEDWDW 03-28-2014 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakiraMarlena (Post 51062032)
I have an orbitz reservation. No 12 digit Disney number shows on MDX. Just the 6 digit Orbitz "hotel confirmation number."

Try looking for it in "magicbands and cards" under "my account".:)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.