The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Rumors and News (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   CoP revoice (not a rumor) (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3237994)

WebmasterCricket 02-19-2014 04:17 PM

CoP revoice (not a rumor)

If it needed to be revoiced due to whatever reason, does anyone currently hold the proper "status" and have the right type of voice to do CoP justice and have it turn out good enough to not want to dry heave when the curtains open?

Someone said Jonathan Frakes to me the other day and I discounted it at first but now I don't know if I can come up with anybody without finding fault in them either in the speaking part or singing part or "reputation" IRL.

Who would be on your short list? Does it even need to be a known person?

shanejoseph 02-19-2014 05:36 PM

Really, revoiced, why? If it has to be, I'd vote for someone unknown. That way I wouldn't be picturing that person while watching the show! However, it just won't be the same no matter who does it! Picture Kermit voiced by Robert De Niro, wouldn't make sense!
:sad2:

ErinTwinmom 02-19-2014 06:09 PM

Cop?

ChoppityChops 02-19-2014 06:48 PM

^^^^ Carousel of Progress...

and imho, it either needs to remain untouched as look back at one of Walt's originals, or entirely removed due to it being passť, boring, slow, and unpopular. I waffle back and forth between those two pretty regularly. But re-voicing it will accomplish nothing to "improve" the attraction.

saranynsandiego 02-20-2014 10:24 AM

:confused:

WebmasterCricket 02-20-2014 11:24 AM

It came up as a related question over the possibility of the last scene being updated and if it was possible to have it constantly being changed while leaving the rest of the scenes alone. If the voice doesn't match, it would not work so the whole thing would need to be revoiced rather than changing it out.

TiggerFanNTX 02-20-2014 11:35 AM

I think Tom Hanks could accomplish this

wiigirl 02-20-2014 11:56 AM

:confused3

BigBlueWho 02-20-2014 06:09 PM

I agree the last scene needs revamping, but I don't know how they can do it without all scenes being revoiced. I love this ride though.

CollenGetty 02-20-2014 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChoppityChops (Post 50759983)
^^^^ Carousel of Progress...

and imho, it either needs to remain untouched as look back at one of Walt's originals, or entirely removed due to it being passť, boring, slow, and unpopular. I waffle back and forth between those two pretty regularly. But re-voicing it will accomplish nothing to "improve" the attraction.

I have to agree. CoP is a family favorite with us.

fuzzlekins 02-21-2014 12:23 AM

My almost 7 yr old has loved it since her first time at 3 1/2. It is iconic so I'd hate to see it go even though I don't necessarily share her fervor.

Wouldn't mind Tom Hanks except that I'd be thinking Woody. :)

robinb 02-21-2014 08:40 AM

What happened the last time it was refreshed? I don't see why they can't just find someone to mimic the voice that is being used now for the speaking part in the final scene.

WebmasterCricket 02-21-2014 09:01 AM

Without looking it up and making sure, I believe it has been voiced three times in total (Rex Allen, Andrew Duggan and Jean Shepherd). A full musical change to "Now is the Time" and then back to the original "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow", and I think 5 scene changes over time including two complete updates to the final scene. Some of the changes were under "GE" sponsorship and some were not.

It was supposed to be updated as time went by. Leaving it alone is not true to it's nature and historically, it's time.

Maggie Lizer 02-21-2014 09:20 AM

Whoever does the current voice totally reminds me of Norm McDonald, so that is who I would choose.

chicagoshannon 02-21-2014 03:17 PM

They could update the last scene without changing the content of the scene. All they really need to do is change out the clothes, kitchen decor and computer used.