The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Can't decide... Pop preferred pool or CBR preferred? Help (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3233173)

ColinCodyMom 02-08-2014 04:39 PM

Can't decide... Pop preferred pool or CBR preferred? Help
 
Trying to decide between Pop preferred pool view or a mod preferred. We love tropical theme so POR isn't really our thing. We usually stay deluxe and have never tried a mod. We have stayed at pop standard and AoA LM and although we loved the resort the walk was much too long in the summer. That's the main reason we would pay for preferred. I'm a bit nervous about the busses at the mods though. So...which would you choose? POP or a mod preferred room? I think CBR is scheduled for a refurb coming up and I'm not sure which rooms would be done first. This is for an end of June trip. Thanks for any advice!!

JennyDrake 02-08-2014 04:46 PM

I don't know if this matters or not, but a Pop, pool, preferred room could have a significant noise factor, especially if ground floor.

ColinCodyMom 02-08-2014 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennyDrake (Post 50673841)
I don't know if this matters or not, but a Pop, pool, preferred room could have a significant noise factor, especially if ground floor.

I did think about that and we always request top floor regardless and cross our fingers :). Thank you!!

mickeynut1 02-08-2014 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColinCodyMom (Post 50673793)
Trying to decide between Pop preferred pool view or a mod preferred. We love tropical theme so POR isn't really our thing. We usually stay deluxe and have never tried a mod. We have stayed at pop standard and AoA LM and although we loved the resort the walk was much too long in the summer. That's the main reason we would pay for preferred. I'm a bit nervous about the busses at the mods though. So...which would you choose? POP or a mod preferred room? I think CBR is scheduled for a refurb coming up and I'm not sure which rooms would be done first. This is for an end of June trip. Thanks for any advice!!

We've never stayed at Pop, but we loved CBR. With that said, CBR was our first onsite stay and we have stayed deluxe ever since, but we wouldn't hesitate to return to CBR as we loved everything about the resort.

tina.tina 02-08-2014 06:27 PM

I can give my opinion on Pop. I think the best place to stay is in the 60's section in building 4 or 5 facing the lake. These are not preferred rooms but they're almost as close and you have a nice view of AoA. I think the theme around the Hippy Dippy pool is sort of tropical with all the vibrant colors. Pop is just fun and walking through the Hippy Dippy pool area made me smile every day.

DisneyAnytime 02-09-2014 01:17 PM

My Vote is CBR!
 
We always stay at CBR because I can't tear myself away. We will be going a one night room only at POR-Royal for our upcoming stay this summer because I almost got an ulcer trying to decide if I wanted to try something new. :rotfl2:

If you are concerned about walking, you would want to book preferred at CBR as it is a very large resort. Regardless of which island you are on, you will be close to a quiet pool and a bus stop, but if you want to be close to the food court/shopping/main pool, it's best to book preferred.

robinb 02-09-2014 02:52 PM

What about staying at CSR? It has a more tropical feel than POR or POFQ.

ETA: I like POP, but I would pick a Moderate over a Value resort. In addition, I don't think paying for the preferred view is worth it at any of the Values or Mods except at CBR.

TheWire727 02-09-2014 03:10 PM

CBR is very nice, my last stay was actually there. It's still a pretty large resort so I would certainly suggest a proffered room if you worry about walking. The pool was really nice as well with a cool slide that my daughter and I loved.

My opinion on POR though is it's the best resort value wise out of them all. If you get a garden view or anything in the "mansions" it is a very short walk to anything and has beautiful views. Quiet also, I hate to even give such great reviews on it cause it's becoming less and less of a "secret" underrated resort. Most times I try to book a room there lately it's full for my Florida resident :/

Concerning POP, the noise factor a hustle and bustle can get pretty intense there. You will save some money though that's for sure. To me, if you'll be spending a decent amount of time at the resort, it's always worth the upgrade to a mod froma. Value resort. However it you're really just using it to sleep, and having an annoyingly hot and long walk, the pop will do ok :)

chocovrdmicears 02-09-2014 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColinCodyMom (Post 50673897)
I did think about that and we always request top floor regardless and cross our fingers :). Thank you!!

We have stayed at many WDW resorts - and POP 4 times. Our absolute noisiest stay ever was a top floor at POP facing the pool. I was up all hours (some nights until 1-2 am) that trip:guilty:. I have never stayed at CBR so I can't compare the 2 - but if quiet is something you are looking for, I would avoid a pool view room (any level) at POP.

JennyDrake 02-10-2014 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chocovrdmicears (Post 50681868)
We have stayed at many WDW resorts - and POP 4 times. Our absolute noisiest stay ever was a top floor at POP facing the pool. I was up all hours (some nights until 1-2 am) that trip:guilty:. I have never stayed at CBR so I can't compare the 2 - but if quiet is something you are looking for, I would avoid a pool view room (any level) at POP.

DITTO :thumbsup2

I should have been more clear that ANY room facing a pool at Pop is almost guaranteed to have a noise factor. ALso as a PPer pointed out, the 50's and 60's lake view rooms are awesome! The view is lovely and they are close to everything. I always request lake view, top floor. ::yes::

robinb 02-10-2014 10:06 AM

Whoops! I didn't read the subject properly. I thought it was between POR and POP. Definitely go with CBR!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.