The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   American Idol Experience (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3225872)

JACKNAG 01-23-2014 05:51 AM

American Idol Experience

Does any one know if American Idol Experience still gets you an audition spot in the real show try outs, they used to the first year, and was it in front of the producers or the real judges,

Thanks

3happydancers 01-23-2014 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JACKNAG (Post 50545829)
Does any one know if American Idol Experience still gets you an audition spot in the real show try outs, they used to the first year, and was it in front of the producers or the real judges,

Thanks

As of last August, yes. Are you looking to try out?

KrazeeK120 01-23-2014 06:29 AM

As of Tuesday, yes. I took a break from walking and was sitting on a bench right across from it. I saw the entire video loop. Some former contestants are talking about how their journey started "Right here!" And yours can , too!

WEDWDW 01-23-2014 08:17 AM

To my knowledge the Dream Ticket provides FOTL for the Producers only-not the Judges.:)

JACKNAG 01-23-2014 05:26 PM

Thanks,

We were watching Idol last night, and although haven't watched many full seasons since American Idol exp started , never heard mention of a Disney Idol contestant making it to the TV spots, Has any one ever heard or seen of one making it to the tv spot. Just wondering

Thanks
Jack

WEDWDW 01-23-2014 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JACKNAG (Post 50551687)
Thanks,

We were watching Idol last night, and although haven't watched many full seasons since American Idol exp started , never heard mention of a Disney Idol contestant making it to the TV spots, Has any one ever heard or seen of one making it to the tv spot. Just wondering

Thanks
Jack

Yes,there have been several AIE Dream Ticket winners(as well as AIE contestants who didn't win the Dream Ticket) do quite well on AI.:)

Dream Ticket winners Aaron Kelly amd Skylar Laine both made Top 5.:)

Micca 01-24-2014 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WEDWDW (Post 50546679)
To my knowledge the Dream Ticket provides FOTL for the Producers only-not the Judges.:)

I'll bet you're right. I'd also guess that every contestant passes through a panel or two before going forward to perform for the judges. :)

KaLyn 01-24-2014 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micca (Post 50559986)
I'll bet you're right. I'd also guess that every contestant passes through a panel or two before going forward to perform for the judges. :)

That's exactly how it is, a good friend of mine tried out 2 seasons ago.

Sent from my iPad using the DISBoards app.