The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Rumors and News (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Interesting "Rumor" About More FP+ (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3224029)

andyman8 01-19-2014 10:54 AM

Interesting "Rumor" About More FP+

Yet another FP+ thread, but I just got it on very, very, very, very, very good authority that Disney will begin testing additional FP+s as benefits to Disney Guests and for purchase no later than year's end but probably much, much sooner if the final rollout goes according to plan at DHS and Epcot.

Supposedly, select guests would be given the option to purchase additional FP+s (no maximum set yet) for $9.99 for tier two attractions at DHS and Epcot and $14.99 for tier one and MK/DAK attractions (unless they put tiers on those which is still yet to be decided). This price is obviously per person per ride. Now, still only one FP+ can be obtained for any attraction, so one cannot use a purchased FP+ for an attraction that they already have FP+ on that day. They're looking to incorporate the resorts in to this "somehow" once they start allowing offsiters to book their FP+s in advance.

Of course, Disney has stated that they will "not charge for FastPass+" but if you think about their language, you realize that they really could be saying that the first three FP+s are free for all but for more, you'll have to pay or stay at a Disney Hotel.

While this has been floating around for a while and is still classified as a "rumor" (not been confirmed by Disney), it seems very real and should be coming sooner rather than later. Thoughts?

mesaboy2 01-19-2014 10:58 AM

Only one thought: yuck.

mesaboy2 01-19-2014 11:03 AM

Well that didn't last long, did it OP? :goodvibes

wisblue 01-19-2014 11:03 AM

My thought is that I wouldn't be buying any.

But, for people who think that one ride on Soarin is the make or break for their day at Epcot it could make sense to pay that much.

My other thought is that I'll believe it when I see it.

nugov2 01-19-2014 11:03 AM

That would be great and put my fears to rest. So for about $300 I can get the kids the extra FP they would need in the MK which is really the park we love and probably the only one we would need to buy a bunch of FP. I wonder if there will be a limit to how many you can buy. I have always felt this was WDW ultimate plan, to go from 100% free to kinda free and the only way to do it was limiting it so that people would feel that paying for more was actually a perk. Hope this goes from rumor to truth:cool1:

Mad Hattered 01-19-2014 11:03 AM

The word "ugh" comes to mind.

mesaboy2 01-19-2014 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wisblue (Post 50513200)

But, for people who think that one ride on Soarin is the make or break for their day at Epcot it could make sense to pay that much.

And I 100% agree with you for a change. ;)

morethananyonex 01-19-2014 11:05 AM

If that truly ends up being the case I can safely say there will be no way my family will be purchasing that. That is an obscene price per person per ride.

For my party of 6 it would cost $90 for a FP+ for Soarin/TT. No freaking way.

nugov2 01-19-2014 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Hattered (Post 50513202)
The word "ugh" comes to mind.

I still think that the old system was far superior...and free, but I just can't see being at MK during the summer or any other busy time and enjoy it with 3 FP. If I am going to spend money to get in the park I am glad to at least be able to buy them vs not.

Laz 01-19-2014 11:06 AM

WDW is sounding more and more like a typical amusement park.:sad2: A little less than two hours from my home, I can go to either Cedar Point or Kings Island and get a better deal. It is getting to the point where WDW is nothing more than an expensive one of these parks. Take a look at Cedar Points' "Fastlane."

https://www.cedarpoint.com/things-to-do/fast-lane

(I hope I did not do anything wrong posting this link).

The value of a WDW vacation is going further into the toilet.

Jetta8300 01-19-2014 11:09 AM

If this is true, (which probably this or some version of it is) this will definitely be our last trip to Disney. It's too expensive already as is, and it's not because we don't have the money, it's just the value isn't there for us. I'm willing to pay more at Universal for the Express pass because they have updated their rides, continue to add new attractions, and my family just sees the value in it, but not at Disney. I shouldn't have to pay more to ride Maelstrom, Mission Space, Peter Pan's Flight, etc. It's very disappointing. We have found our favorite type of vacation anyway with cruises, and for the money it's a better value for us!

morethananyonex 01-19-2014 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wisblue (Post 50513200)

I too am in the I'll believe it when I see it camp.

The price is so outrageous for one single ride for one person, it's hard to believe. I mean, everyone gets 3 FP+ in Epcot, 2 in tier 2. That means a family of 4 would be paying $40 for one extra ride on a tier 2 slot that absolutely doesn't need it, I mean the first 2 free ones are fairly useless already. A third tier two in Epcot would be ridiculous.

sibesx2 01-19-2014 11:15 AM

So are the tiers a way to "force" people to buy more FP+?

digiMom 01-19-2014 11:17 AM

If something like this comes about, I think it will be to add value to staying at a Deluxe resort or on site in general rather than to the people paying for it out of pocket.

serendipity 01-19-2014 11:30 AM

This really disgusts me. Every year they seem to get further and further away from Walt's vision of being a theme park that everyone can enjoy.