The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Cancel on my Disney experience (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3223197)

blingbowsparkles 01-17-2014 11:38 AM

Cancel on my Disney experience

Yesterday I went on to switch the dates and times of two of our reservations and now it won't let me cancel the original reservations. I keep getting a message stating that the reservation can't be canceled online. Anyone else having this problem?

bumbershoot 01-17-2014 11:39 AM

If for FP+ just ignore the old times. If for dining, call.

Itinkso 01-17-2014 11:49 AM

Yes, I've had the same experience when trying to cancel one ADR. I'm still a month out; I really don't like to wait on hold when it should just be a simple two-step process to cancel online.

Masonmj84 01-17-2014 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itinkso (Post 50500060)
Yes, I've had the same experience when trying to cancel one ADR. I'm still a month out; I really don't like to wait on hold when it should just be a simple two-step process to cancel online.

Ditto.

It's frusturating, because when calling dining, getting through the automated system to talk to a live person is a maze (if you have a resort reservation, it's probably faster to get to dining through "resort reservation changes").

It's doubly frustrating due to the cancellation policy (MDE is so gltichy that I worry that, even if I were able to cancel online, the cancellation wouldn't be officially recognized and I'd end up getting charged).

starousse 01-17-2014 12:58 PM

Yes. I believe if you call up and have a CM make the reservations for you, you can't delete them on the website. You have to call back and have them delete it. All my other ressies that I did myself online, I had no problem switching up.

Itinkso 01-17-2014 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starousse (Post 50500800)
Yes. I believe if you call up and have a CM make the reservations for you, you can't delete them on the website. You have to call back and have them delete it. All my other ressies that I did myself online, I had no problem switching up.

I did all of my ADRs online and canceled one on Sunday. Since Tuesday, MDE is not working for ADR cancelations and some have reported they can't change Fp+ either.

Some think its because of all the parks going to Fp+ only by next week.

RookieLady 01-17-2014 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starousse (Post 50500800)

I think the system is glitchy. For my August trip, I made telephone reservations for dining, but while on the trip, I cancelled two online without problem.

Fernandak 01-17-2014 01:31 PM

I had to cancel by phone. It just took a few minutes by the resort reservation line

blingbowsparkles 01-17-2014 03:26 PM

I figured it was a glitch because I was able to cancel on but not the others and whole process of making reservations yesterday was frustrating. The site was slow and it took multiple tries to complete the process for each new reservation.

RAPstar 01-17-2014 07:53 PM

Yea, it's a glitch. I kept trying to reschedule one of mine and tried cancel the old one, but it kept saying that. It still ended up being cancelled, and I got the emails, but the pop up kept saying it couldn't be cancelled online. Probably updating the system or something.

Minnie824 01-21-2014 11:54 AM

So they charge you if you don't cancel... and now you can't cancel online or in the app. Sounds like a good money making plan. I have one to cancel as well, and it's just so much easier to do the 2 sec of cancel I used to be able to do, instead of having to call. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

cjbcam 01-21-2014 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masonmj84 (Post 50500690)

Ditto.

It's frusturating, because when calling dining, getting through the automated system to talk to a live person is a maze (if you have a resort reservation, it's probably faster to get to dining through "resort reservation changes").

It's doubly frustrating due to the cancellation policy (MDE is so gltichy that I worry that, even if I were able to cancel online, the cancellation wouldn't be officially recognized and I'd end up getting charged).

So has anyone been charged after they have canceled?

ArthurKing1220 01-21-2014 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumbershoot (Post 50499970)
If for FP+ just ignore the old times. If for dining, call.

Could you expand upon this a bit? I think your post describes a concern we've been having with our own FP+ planning for attractions. We changed a FP+ time on the website for one of our three picks and now, when we go in to see the "itinerary" for the day, the site lists both the old time and the new time (so we see four total attractions for the day under the itinerary tab). When I go into the actual FP+ option, we only see the three reservations for the day, i.e., the system seems to have accepted the time change without issue. Should we be concerned about this discrepancy on the itinerary view?

bumbershoot 01-21-2014 05:55 PM

No, just ignore the times you changed. People have called them ghosts. Thy don't mean anything. Their problem is that if you forget what you changed, it's confusing.