The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Be Our Guest Dinner or Lunch (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3220948)

reefer2005 01-12-2014 07:16 PM

Be Our Guest Dinner or Lunch

Just curious if the dining experience is much different from lunch to dinner? Is the only real change the menu and going from quick service to table. By the way, I do have dinner reservation made during the time we are there.

MsLisaG 01-12-2014 07:51 PM

The main differences are the menu and switching to table service. Other differences are that they close the rose room for dinner, and that the beast is there for pictures after your meal. :)

PoohBear23 01-13-2014 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsLisaG (Post 50461857)
The main differences are the menu and switching to table service. Other differences are that they close the rose room for dinner, and that the beast is there for pictures after your meal. :)

I just made a reservation in Feb at 6pm and they said no characters. :-( so I'm not sure if the Beast will be there or not.

bumbershoot 01-13-2014 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoohBear23 (Post 50466054)

I just made a reservation in Feb at 6pm and they said no characters. :-( so I'm not sure if the Beast will be there or not.

It's not a character meal. They will always say no characters as they have since it opened. And yet the Beast has been there.

North of Mouse 01-13-2014 12:47 PM

We prefer lunch - like the menu - the lower cost - plus we 'like' dining in the rose room. All the ambiance is there also!

kalliyan1 01-13-2014 12:54 PM

we have eaten there for dinner once, thinking of trying lunch on our next trip vs. dinner again, does the atomsphere change during lunch? Are the same tables set up at lunch vs. dinner? Where do you get your food at lunch?

purple figment 01-13-2014 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalliyan1 (Post 50467203)
we have eaten there for dinner once, thinking of trying lunch on our next trip vs. dinner again, does the atomsphere change during lunch? Are the same tables set up at lunch vs. dinner? Where do you get your food at lunch?

At lunch all three rooms are usually open. At dinner it's usually just the ball room and the West Wing. The tables remain in the same places, but like any CS, the tables are not set with silverware, napkins, etc. You get your own cutlery, but it is stainless and not plasticware. Food is served on china rather than paper plates. Only the beverages, which are self serve, are in paper cups.

At the ordering kiosk you'll be given a "rose" which you put on your table and lets the servers know which table you've chosen. Your food is brought to you in the large covered cart that is used at dinner for the dessert service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoohBear23 (Post 50466054)

I think Disney says "no characters" so that people don't expect multiple characters to visit every table like they do at the typical character meals. The Beast only walks through the dining rooms briefly and doesn't stop at any of the tables. There's a photo op with him (no autographs) after you finish dinner in the room where the lunchtime ordering kiosks are located.

kalliyan1 01-13-2014 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purple figment (Post 50470152)
At lunch all three rooms are usually open. At dinner it's usually just the ball room and the West Wing. The tables remain in the same places, but like any CS, the tables are not set with silverware, napkins, etc. You get your own cutlery, but it is stainless and not plasticware. Food is served on china rather than paper plates. Only the beverages, which are self serve, are in paper cups.

At the ordering kiosk you'll be given a "rose" which you put on your table and lets the servers know which table you've chosen. Your food is brought to you in the large covered cart that is used at dinner for the dessert .

Thanks for the reply!

Stefecatzz 01-13-2014 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purple figment (Post 50470152)
At the ordering kiosk you'll be given a "rose" which you put on your table and lets the servers know which table you've chosen. .

If you're staying on property & have a Magic Band, you don't get the magic rose; they will locate you w/your band instead. I stayed off property & got a rose when I went in December & there were several people asking me how I got it & wondering why they didn't get one until I explained that to them.

I had the pork for lunch & thought it was cooked & seasoned well. I'll be going back & trying the roast beef or turkey sandwich soon. It is nice for a QS to eat on a real plate w/silverware & be served your food as well. :)

fauntleroy53 01-13-2014 09:27 PM

DH & I had lunch there the first week of November and have dinner ressies for when we return in three weeks.
I didn't know until reading here just now,that the Rose Room is closed at dinner. We ate there for lunch and it was a very nice experience -pretty surroundings,small, quiet, well lit room. Was hoping to eat there again,but I guess we'll have to settle for the ballroom, which was somewhat more hectic and noisy when we were there. The West Wing was way too dark and small. You have to take into account all the people walking around taking pics -not a lot of room to wander about in the West Wing Room,so there's a fair amount of bumping into tables while people are eating.
As for the food, I had the pork shank,which I loved,but isn't on the dinner menu (strange,as you would think something like that would be a dinner item). Forgot what DH had,but I do remember he liked it a lot. We shared a Passion Fruit Cream Puff for dessert and that was good too.
We didn't have a FP ressie,but took our chances on line. We started way out,down the entrance and over the bridge. The line moved fast and we were surprised to be ordering within 30 minutes.
We have nothing bad to say about our meal. The food was fine,service excellent, and it was such a hoot to be eating in a castle,right under/next to a rotating sculpture of Belle and Beast dancing.
Oh, and we did have our MB's,so we didn't get a Magic Rose. But we did get magically found by the wandering waitstaff and their magic wheeled tables!!!
Looking forward to seeing the Beast in a few weeks........:woohoo:

purple figment 01-13-2014 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefecatzz (Post 50471059)
If you're staying on property & have a Magic Band, you don't get the magic rose; they will locate you w/your band instead.

I think finding your table with a rose is much more in keeping with the theme and time period of BOG. The MB seems much too techie and 21st century. :)

Amii 01-13-2014 10:37 PM

We did both lunch and dinner and we liked dinner much better. It was much more hectic at lunch time with the tables turning over quickly. We had one of the last reservations for dinner and it was much more peaceful and we walked around taking pictures while the place was almost empty. We liked the food at lunch and dinner.

fabulousfive 01-13-2014 10:51 PM

We did both lunch and dinner this past trip. So glad we did both!!! At first we were going to just do dinner to keep it special, but then decided to do the lunch so we could experience it as well. I loved being able to choose the room for lunch (we selected the West Wing and it was a highlight!) I liked the food at lunch better than dinner and liked how we could take our time and be on our own dining pacing, not that of a server. Dinner was awesome in how you are greeted, welcomed into the castle, and get to meet the Beast afterward. We sat in the ballroom for the evening, which was what we wanted so it worked out. I would recommend both lunch and dinner! I must say however, we preferred our lunch food and experience over the dinner.

Chuckers 01-14-2014 08:26 AM

Is BOG Lunch part of the CS dining plan options?

#1DopeyFan 01-14-2014 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuckers (Post 50473633)
Is BOG Lunch part of the CS dining plan options?

Yes