The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Purchasing DVC (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Fidelity? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3218898)

itutorfortravel 01-08-2014 02:40 PM

Fidelity?

Has anyone used fidelity for purchasing their resale contact? If so, can you tell me any issues you may have had (hopefully none!) thanks!

griergirl2 01-08-2014 03:14 PM

We just closed on our contract that we bought through Fidelity a few weeks ago. Sharon was wonderful! She kept us updated frequently and everything went perfect. She warned us it may take longer since we has a foreign seller, but it was just as quick as most. We signed the contract Oct 30 and closed Dec 12. Points loaded and booked on Dec 22!

lions1995 01-08-2014 03:21 PM

I have used them twice with no porblems. Though there were some post I read a few months back that said they were not responding very quickly.

But for me, they were great. The next time I go looking, they will be the first one on my list.

Dee77 01-08-2014 04:05 PM

I am in the closing stage of a contract through Fidelity and have only good things to report. I will use them again when the time comes. Good luck!

a742246 01-08-2014 04:11 PM

Ditto, only good things to say.

Bciris 01-08-2014 04:28 PM

I've been talking with Sharon lately and she seems ok.

I had previous issues with Shawn not presenting an offer that I was making bc she "didn't see" the email after we had been corresponding five or six times before. She also didn't see my email 3 days later following up. Then when I checked in a couple days later she said it sold to someone else for nearly what I was offering.

disneynutz 01-08-2014 04:36 PM

Fidelity has a business relationship with Disney.

We had delays and poor communication but that was a couple of years ago.

They charge a processing fee that other don't, many say it's a commission fee to Disney.

:earsboy: Bill

Carlnne 01-08-2014 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disneynutz (Post 50428923)
Fidelity has a business relationship with Disney.

We had delays and poor communication but that was a couple of years ago.

They charge a processing fee that other don't, many say it's a commission fee to Disney.

:earsboy: Bill

If Disney refuses the deal and takes it- does one lose the 195$ admin fee? I wouldnt think so but it says the fee is charged to all.

Illini Al 01-08-2014 06:24 PM

I used them about a year ago with no problems. I'd use them again.

DizBub 01-08-2014 06:59 PM

We used Fidelity. The first contract fell through but through no fault of the agency. Quickly found another contract and it went smoothly. We also dealt with Sharon.

I think the reason things were going so rocky for them several months ago is because they moved offices and they had a key agent leave and start her own business. Glad to hear things are back to normal.

IandGsmom 01-08-2014 08:53 PM

I am using them right now. First I found a contract through Sharon that was bought back by Disney. Then I found one and are getting the contract signed etc with Shawn. I do think Sharon is a little more responsive but I find as long as you call Shawn she will do what I need. Just a little more probing. I would call vs email. Overall I would use them again. They are willing to look for the best deals and present any offer. I didnt get that feeling with other places.

itutorfortravel 01-08-2014 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlnne (Post 50429161)
If Disney refuses the deal and takes it- does one lose the 195$ admin fee? I wouldnt think so but it says the fee is charged to all.

We just put in an offer on a contract today and I asked that question, and I was told that you only pay the admin fee if the contract passes through ROFR and goes to closing.