The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Dining Plan (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Tangierine: Non-alc. Froz Fruit Drink- does it count as beverage on DDP? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3217439)

crazymomof4 01-05-2014 02:35 PM

Tangierine: Non-alc. Froz Fruit Drink- does it count as beverage on DDP?

I know I've been surprised in the past when some drinks more "special" than just soda, coffee, tea or water ARE included on the DDP as the "beverage" that goes with your meal.
Have never eaten at the Tangierine. Wondering, is the Non-alcoholic Frozen Fruit Drink one of these?

purple figment 01-05-2014 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazymomof4 (Post 50402994)
I know I've been surprised in the past when some drinks more "special" than just soda, coffee, tea or water ARE included on the DDP as the "beverage" that goes with your meal.
Have never eaten at the Tangierine. Wondering, is the Non-alcoholic Frozen Fruit Drink one of these?

The Disney owned restaurants have more leeway with the dining plan rules and will often allow beverages beyond the standard ones.

However, this is less likely to occur at the third party restaurants, such as the Tangieriene Cafe, because they are reimbursed by Disney according to the dining plan guidelines. You can ask, but my guess is they will not include the frozen fruit drink.

crazymomof4 01-06-2014 02:55 PM

Thanks. Yes, can't hurt to ask, right?

LittleMissDisney 01-06-2014 02:58 PM

So, how would I know if a restaurant is owned by disney?

purple figment 01-06-2014 03:52 PM

At the moment the third party restaurants haven't been added to the 2014 dining plan list so the first post in this thread lists the non-Disney owned restaurants plus the ones that do not participate in the dining plan:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172886

Edited to add: Looks like the third party restaurants have been added to the DDP brochure so Nala will probably update the thread I linked. Here's a list of the third party restaurants she has listed on the thread:

LIST OF THIRD PARTY RESTAURANTS
All restaurants at Downtown Disney except Food Quest (counter service inside Disney Quest; requires Disney Quest admission)
All restaurants in the following Epcot World Showcase pavilions: Mexico, China, Italy, Japan, Morocco, France
All restaurants at the Coronado Springs Resort except the pool snack bar
Yak & Yeti (Animal Kingdom)
Big River Grill (Boardwalk)

The following restaurants do NOT accept the dining plan at all:
All restaurants at Shades of Green
All restaurants at Swan and Dolphin
Victoria & Albert's (accepts the Platinum package plan only)
Lounges (in the parks: Tune Inn, Tutto Gusto, Rose & Crown Pub (not the restaurant; the pub is separate), La Cava del Tequila)

crazymomof4 01-06-2014 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purple figment (Post 50412696)
LIST OF THIRD PARTY RESTAURANTS
All restaurants in the following Epcot World Showcase pavilions: Mexico, China, Italy, Japan, Morocco, France

At the Patisserie in France, they have allowed the iced cappuccino to be the "beverage" on the dining plan. So I guess it's worth it to just ask. No biggie if they don't but a nice little bonus if they do!:thumbsup2

momofmaz 01-08-2014 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazymomof4 (Post 50415604)
At the Patisserie in France, they have allowed the iced cappuccino to be the "beverage" on the dining plan. So I guess it's worth it to just ask. No biggie if they don't but a nice little bonus if they do!:thumbsup2

Saving this little nugget for our next trip! We are considering a CS in either France or Mexico!:cool1::cool1:

crazymomof4 01-09-2014 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momofmaz (Post 50426992)
Saving this little nugget for our next trip! We are considering a CS in either France or Mexico!:cool1::cool1:

For what it's worth-- Quickie review-- I've eaten at the CS in France MANY times over the years and have never been disappointed. No one in my family has ever not loved the food. In fact my DS22 (a "foodie") said for this upcoming trip he would eat lunch there for BOTH epcot days, rather than switch it up on day 2 to someplace different.
Conversely, I've had one experience with Mexico's CS (Sept '12). I was not pleased. I met the rest of my family at the China CS and I was loving what I tasted from their plates. It made my food from Mexico seem all the more a bad choice.