The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   At what age did your kids want to try another cruise line? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3210571)

baleeve 12-18-2013 11:51 AM

At what age did your kids want to try another cruise line?

I was just wondering at what age your kids wanted to try another cruise line?

auntlynne 12-18-2013 11:57 AM

19 yo for an inexpensive Alaskan cruise on Princess (1/3 the cost of our previous year's Disney Alaskan)

And they still like/prefer Disney. They started on Disney when they were teens, but were on vacation with family, not "needing" the clubs (probably wouldn't have been big attenders of the kid's areas, either).

Taking the youngest on Disney next month - she'll just be 18 and is looking forward to Palo and Serenity Bay (snagged a Cabana for a special treat for her).

tajz90 12-18-2013 12:06 PM

My kids are 21 and 15 and still prefer Disney. They just don't get as excited by any other cruise line.

cgolf 12-18-2013 12:27 PM

I am 40, and I still don't want to try another cruise line;), DD 16, still only will go DCL. I think I count because my mom talked me into going on our first DCL cruise.

cgolf

TwinPrincessMermaids 12-18-2013 12:33 PM

Thinking the same thing. We are 31 and the youngest in our immediate family on Mom & Dad's anniversary cruise this year. First and only DCL to date. Another one booked for the future and I really don't want to go on another cruise line. I MIIIIGGHHHT make an exception for Oasis in a few years (after I have cruised on the Fantasy or Alaska first!) but I still don't understand what kids have to do with cruising disney. :rotfl2: Like asking me, are you too old for Disney World? Um no. Its awesome and every year, they add more, and it gets better. Can't wait to eat at EPCOT Italy this year, but i'm sure when I was 15, I wouldn't have cared... although I would look at all the people dining nicely in France and Italy and wonder about it (but we always at Morrocco growing up) ok nm. I always will and always did like it all...

NC_Tink 12-18-2013 12:50 PM

Two DSs, 16 & 14, been on 4 DCL cruises to date. They have no desire to try another line. Asked last year, showed photos of what's available on some other lines (climbing walls, flow riders, ice skating, etc) and nope -- DCL all the way :cool1: Guess DH and I are raising them right :rotfl2:

disneymomto5 12-18-2013 02:49 PM

My kids stopped being interested when they outgrew the clubs. Before that, they really enjoyed the cruise, but once my 21 year old went, he didn't have as much fun. Our next cruise will just be the 4 of us, since my oldest 3 aren't interested.

quickcat 12-18-2013 03:45 PM

My kids would be happy on any cruise no matter the company..... the problem is with DH, he's a 'Disney only' so that's who we cruise with :goodvibes

sara mom 12-18-2013 04:00 PM

Kids have been on both Royal and Disney. They just want to go on a cruise!

Note:we have cruises booked on both lines in the next 2 years

wdwwishes 12-18-2013 04:57 PM

Our DDs are will be 15 and 17 on our next cruise in March and they are solo looking forward to it. Speculating about 2015 and a possible European something or another on the Magic, they're all in :)

mdvlprof 12-18-2013 05:42 PM

As kids got older, they liked DCL more and more. [Youngest is now 22.]
We've sailed other cruise lines, but DCL is hands-down favorite.

PizzieDuster 12-18-2013 05:51 PM

My teen sons were 15 & 17 when we switiced to Royal. The boys loved it, there was so much to do. Flow Rider, rockcliming, they really enjoyed their teen clubs. They made lots of friends. My younger daughter enjoyed the H20 Zone, the lazy circle, the pool there, jacuzzis, the food, rock climbing and she enjoyed the club in the evenings.

I still take my younger daughter on cruises out of West Coast. They are off to college now anyway and it's tough to get the same time off. Now DD is a freshman and in color guard. She wants to go to Hawaii next.

carpenta 12-18-2013 05:59 PM

My daughter was 9 yrs. old when she stated to us she prefers Royal Caribbean's kid's programs far above Disneys. She felt Disney was far too restrictive and crowded and also she likes the shows better on RCL just for the fact that DCL is quite repetitive in the fact that the same shows are on all the ships. She has grown out of the Princess age into the sport activity age.

tajz90 12-18-2013 07:43 PM

My kids thought they would love RCCL. Ended up calling it Royal Boribbean. They were disappointed the rock wall climbing and ice skating were only open designated times.

The fact that the "kids clubs" closed early was disappointing to them also.

GenerationK-er 12-18-2013 09:46 PM

My daughter is 21 years-old, and still loves Disney cruises. She first cruised Disney when she was 12 or 13. Now, I take her 9 year-old brother. I told her I would no longer pay for her to cruise Disney after our February 2013 Dreams cruise when she was 20. I even volunteered to pay for the two of us to go on another cruise line trip without her brother, but she did not bite. I explained that we could sail in a higher category on another cruise line for the same price. She was still not a taker! She still enjoys Disney cruises the best, and she has sailed on Carnival, RCCL and Celebrity. I broke down and later added her to my reservation that I booked on-board, so she will be sailing Disney this March--again!! This will be the last time I pay for her, and I mean it this time (I hope:)!