The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   South Beach (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3210471)

luvoceans 12-18-2013 07:40 AM

South Beach
 
We staying in South Beach this Friday and Saturday before our Christmas Cruise !! Any must do or see ? Any suggestions on places to eat that won't break the bank. A family of 5 (ages 16 to 65 )

UKfan1978 12-18-2013 08:02 AM

South Beach
 
Let me know what you discover - we are staying a night in South Beach in Feb before we cruise out. I haven't been to South Beach in almost 10 years when I went for Spring Break - I imagine this time I will be a little tamer with my wife, mom and 3 kids :)

cruisinwithmaandpa 12-18-2013 02:18 PM

South Beach is overrated IMO, I would rather go to Bayside.

lilpooh108 12-18-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UKfan1978 (Post 50285218)
Let me know what you discover - we are staying a night in South Beach in Feb before we cruise out. I haven't been to South Beach in almost 10 years when I went for Spring Break - I imagine this time I will be a little tamer with my wife, mom and 3 kids :)

Haha. That was us this time. DH and I were walking up and down the strip with lots of memories. He even joked about getting me a "slushie" from Wet Willies as I was getting the kids ready for bed.

This trip, we ate at Havana 1957 on Lincoln Mall Road. It was delicious, and the mojitos were strong and tasty. I'd highly recommend it for a kid-friendly outdoor dining with yummy drinks and a pretty good atmosphere. The "free" banana chips were so amazing. We had 3 buckets :blush:

For lunch we had Puerto Sagua on Collins, which is like a Cuban Denny's. It's solid, cheap good food.

lorimay 12-18-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilpooh108 (Post 50287797)
Haha. That was us this time. DH and I were walking up and down the strip with lots of memories. He even joked about getting me a "slushie" from Wet Willies as I was getting the kids ready for bed.

This trip, we ate at Havana 1957 on Lincoln Mall Road. It was delicious, and the mojitos were strong and tasty. I'd highly recommend it for a kid-friendly outdoor dining with yummy drinks and a pretty good atmosphere. The "free" banana chips were so amazing. We had 3 buckets :blush:

For lunch we had Puerto Sagua on Collins, which is like a Cuban Denny's. It's solid, cheap good food.

We love to go to Lincoln Road this time of year and enjoy the outdoors when its not 100 degrees. We live about 45 minutes north on Miami.
There are so many restaurants to choose from lots of stores and a movie theater.

abja09 12-18-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilpooh108 (Post 50287797)
Haha. That was us this time. DH and I were walking up and down the strip with lots of memories. He even joked about getting me a "slushie" from Wet Willies as I was getting the kids ready for bed. This trip, we ate at Havana 1957 on Lincoln Mall Road. It was delicious, and the mojitos were strong and tasty. I'd highly recommend it for a kid-friendly outdoor dining with yummy drinks and a pretty good atmosphere. The "free" banana chips were so amazing. We had 3 buckets :blush: For lunch we had Puerto Sagua on Collins, which is like a Cuban Denny's. It's solid, cheap good food.

How far is the Havana from the Fontainebleau? My ds10 and I are staying there pre-cruise in February but I am not at all familiar with the area. We will definitely need some place to eat dinner.

mom4fun 12-18-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abja09

How far is the Havana from the Fontainebleau? My ds10 and I are staying there pre-cruise in February but I am not at all familiar with the area. We will definitely need some place to eat dinner.

We stayed at Fontaine Bleu 9 years ago. They have good food at the hotel and a outdoor restaurant near the board walk.

Steve Dexter 12-18-2013 06:31 PM

So jealous, I love South Beach, it's a feast for the eyes. There are so many great restaurants and beautiful places to just take in the scenery. We love Joe's Stone Crab but it might be a little expensive. Have fun there, it's so beautiful even at night.

Goofy4Disney99 12-19-2013 04:29 PM

We stayed in SB the three nights before the WB Panama Canal Cruise in May and had a blast - can't wait to go back. We had no kids with us, so we did a lot of late night eating. Lots of sidewalk dining at most places along the ocean road - which might be of interest to kids. Not sure if you like to run or take long walks, but there is a paved walkway along the beach heading north which turns into an elevated boardwalk. I was told it goes for five miles. Great place to jog or walk. Enjoy your stay!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.