The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Is Our Favorite Server Still on the Dream? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3209904)

Aoi_Bara 12-16-2013 11:53 AM

Is Our Favorite Server Still on the Dream?

I am sailing on the Dream for NYE with my family and I was wondering if Caesar Mendez from Brazil is still a MDR server.

Aoi_Bara 12-16-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aoi_Bara (Post 50274083)
I am sailing on the Dream for NYE with my family and I was wondering if Caesar Mendez from Brazil is still a MDR server.

Anyone?????

Justacruiser 12-16-2013 04:28 PM

Had Server Ean and Assistant Server Palmer, we just got off the ship yesterday. Had them for a B2B for 7 days!:thumbsup2

sandrakit 12-16-2013 10:47 PM

Call DCL and add your request to your reservation . As soon as you get on the ship go to Royal Palace where the head waiters are making their dining assignments and request them , if they are onboard they will most likely make it happen . Good luck ...

Senbonluv 12-17-2013 05:21 AM

I think what the OP was asking was if anyone who has been on the Dream recently had seen that particular server.

IBelieveInTheMagic 12-17-2013 07:18 AM

I've been on the Dream four times and this name doesn't ring a bell with me (but that doesn't really mean anything - just never had the privilege). I'd suggest as others noted - call DCL (or your TA) and specifically request who you'd like. Then when you board, go to the Royal Palace (Court) and see if this server is working and if your wish was granted as they can tell you. The last two times I've requested my favorite Dream server were a bust - the first time in September a group of 26 requested him so they won (understood) and then this month he was on vacation - well deserved :)

Heather

Aoi_Bara 12-17-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandrakit (Post 50277880)
Call DCL and add your request to your reservation . As soon as you get on the ship go to Royal Palace where the head waiters are making their dining assignments and request them , if they are onboard they will most likely make it happen . Good luck ...

Thanks for the response. We put the request in with shore side when we booked the cruise; however, they couldn't tell us whether or not he was still there. We will check at Royal Palace when we board. We were just wondering if someone had seen him.

darkwing818 12-18-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aoi_Bara (Post 50274083)

We're wondering the same thing. We had Caesar (from Brazil) in October 2012 & again January this year; he was wonderful & quite a hoot. We'll be sailing again in May (we've put our request in with DCL) but they can't tell us if he's still on the Dream. Keeping our fingers crossed. Our 2 DDs love him. ::yes::