The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Rumors and News (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Lord of the Rings land. (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207609)

meg39 12-08-2013 10:44 PM

Lord of the Rings land.
 
Is this still a thing? http://wdwnt.com/rumor-disney-and-wa...-disney-parks/

Oh please let it be a thing! 4 days til the hobbit dos! This would be literally the best!

vladimir p 01-21-2014 03:15 PM

no

ToyStoryMania1 01-21-2014 04:05 PM

Lotr
 
As much as I would like Disney to tackle LOTR and StarWars I am not sure which direction they are going. Sounds like hot air for the moment.

tigmickey 01-21-2014 10:35 PM

I hope that this is in the works!!! Any updated rumors would be appreciated.

rteetz 01-21-2014 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigmickey (Post 50536541)
I hope that this is in the works!!! Any updated rumors would be appreciated.

I don't think lord of the rings would make a good land at all. Also there have been no new rumors since that first one and I just don't see it happening. Disney is focusing on mymagic+, disney shanghai (opens in 2015), and avatar in AK. After these I see Star Wars being the next thing they tackle. Lord of the rings has never intrigued me and if disney did do something with it I probably wouldn't go. Star Wars is much bigger than lord of the rings and disney is going to focus on that because they own all rights to it.

101disneyfan 01-22-2014 03:00 AM

Supposedly, Peter Jackson is not even discussing the mere possibility of theme park rights until The Hobbit films are all finished, so that he can try for a higher price in negotiations.

Universal wants to flatten Toon Lagoon, but this is after Jurassic Park because rumors state that if Jurassic World is well received and commercially successful, then they want to focus on the revamp of Jurassic Park as their follow-up to Diagon Alley. After Jurassic Park, then they would want to work of Lord of the Rings replacing Toon Lagoon.

Disney has only ever been in the talks with Jackson to bring Lord of the Rings in to replace the Alien scene of The Great Movie Ride, but there were "meetings" with New Line Cinema to threaten James Cameron after he kept delaying his involvement on Avatar at Animal Kingdom.

Lindaland 01-22-2014 04:25 AM

One does not simply recreate Mordor!!! :rotfl2:

disneymac000 01-22-2014 06:12 AM

I think it shouldn't go to disney and the Tolkien Estate already said it would never give Disney any of the rights. Universal would do a better job at it than Disney I believe anyway like they are doing with WWoHP and would be done 10 years faster.

twebber55 01-22-2014 06:23 AM

i love lord of the rings ...but thinking in terms of theme park setting what would you do with this.....Pandora and Harry potter are/were pretty easy... What place would this be? would it be Mordor or Hobbiton, maybe revendell?

i same same questions about star wars..great IP but what setting

rteetz 01-22-2014 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twebber55 (Post 50537365)
i love lord of the rings ...but thinking in terms of theme park setting what would you do with this.....Pandora and Harry potter are/were pretty easy... What place would this be? would it be Mordor or Hobbiton, maybe revendell? i same same questions about star wars..great IP but what setting

in my opinion universal would be perfect for lord of the rings but I don't know if it would be a successful land like they would want it to be. I don't see the younger generation being fans of it not like Star Wars or Harry potter.

nugov2 01-22-2014 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rteetz (Post 50537866)
in my opinion universal would be perfect for lord of the rings but I don't know if it would be a successful land like they would want it to be. I don't see the younger generation being fans of it not like Star Wars or Harry potter.

I love the LOTR/Hobbit series. Please let it be Universal. WDW does a good job, but that land belongs with the Universal Magic. I can't see WDW doing it right. I don't know what WDW is thinking with Avatar, but I look forward to Star Wars. I just hope it is ready sometime soon and we don't have to wait 20 years. I am surprised they would start with Avatar when it really isn't anywhere as popular as SW.

rteetz 01-22-2014 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nugov2 (Post 50537997)
I love the LOTR/Hobbit series. Please let it be Universal. WDW does a good job, but that land belongs with the Universal Magic. I can't see WDW doing it right. I don't know what WDW is thinking with Avatar, but I look forward to Star Wars. I just hope it is ready sometime soon and we don't have to wait 20 years. I am surprised they would start with Avatar when it really isn't anywhere as popular as SW.

well they didn't purchase Star Wars until after they were already working on plans to get avatar so it makes sense that is first.

DisneyDetective 01-22-2014 02:12 PM

think i will give that a definite miss.

jamarmiller 01-22-2014 03:53 PM

i think it should go to Universal and not Disney but I do like Toon lagoon and would miss it

Id rather see Universal Orlando build a third park with Lord of the Rings in it

glvsav37 01-22-2014 05:24 PM

Can we put a Shire pavilion in Epcot?

I would love to see WDW get the rights bc I think too much current movie franchises are going to US, but frankly I can't imagine where it would fit outside of the studios. And for that it would require some serious land

I did turn to my wife while we were watching the latest Hobbit movie and say how cool it
Would be to add a "barrel" water ride themed in the escape from the wood Elfs.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.