The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Keep Poly or change to BC?? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3190372)

carnival kid 10-23-2013 06:49 PM

Keep Poly or change to BC??

Looking for advise and opinions.

We are travelling over from Australia in June/July 2014. We have never been to WDW before and it may be a once in lifetime trip :)

We have 2 kids who will be 3.5 yrs and 15 months at the time.

We are doing 5 days AoA, 4 day DCL on dream and currently have 5 days at Polynesian.

The construction that will be going at the Polynesian doesn't really bother us so I was still happy with the booking.... but the pool being closed is another story.... I feel that with 2 small kids it is probably my deal breaker.

Thinking of changing over the BC garden view which will work out the same price.

What would you do?????:confused3

Mousemommy1 10-23-2013 06:54 PM

I would change. Forking out Poly $$ to be in the middle of a construction zone and having the main pool closed would not be the way I want to spend my money. ::yes::

The pool at BC is pretty awesome too!

Theta 10-23-2013 07:19 PM

Yes, change to Beach club. YOu can walk to EPCOT and short boat ride to MGM and of course the pool!

catheren 10-23-2013 07:28 PM

with the Poly under construction, do BC

toolmanjan 10-23-2013 07:46 PM

Even if there wasn't construction at the Poly I would recommend BC over the poly hands down!

mrsp1030 10-23-2013 08:20 PM

For your kids ages, I'd recommend another monorail resort or WL. The pool is awesome at BC but can be very spread out and lack of QS at BC also.

mickeynut1 10-23-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsp1030 (Post 49908758)
For your kids ages, I'd recommend another monorail resort or WL. The pool is awesome at BC but can be very spread out and lack of QS at BC also.

I agree. SAB is pretty spread out and can be challenging with little ones and CS is pretty limited (IMO). Also, since the pool is shared with the YC, it can get very crowded at times. I second the WL. Our favorite resort (and pool) is the Poly and although construction wouldn't bother us, the volcano pool being closed would be a deal breaker for us as well. With that said, we also love the WL. It's cheaper than both the Poly and BC, but the resort/atmosphere is beautiful and it has a great pool (IMO). Good luck.

monorailsilver 10-24-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

I agree! Especially if you are planning more time at the MK.

wiigirl 10-24-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catheren (Post 49908351)
with the Poly under construction, do BC

:thumbsup2

hedberg1661 10-24-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toolmanjan (Post 49908487)
Even if there wasn't construction at the Poly I would recommend BC over the poly hands down!

Totally agree. Switch.

heidijanesmith 10-24-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carnival kid (Post 49908087)
Looking for advise and opinions.

We are travelling over from Australia in June/July 2014. We have never been to WDW before and it may be a once in lifetime trip :)

We have 2 kids who will be 3.5 yrs and 15 months at the time.

We are doing 5 days AoA, 4 day DCL on dream and currently have 5 days at Polynesian.

The construction that will be going at the Polynesian doesn't really bother us so I was still happy with the booking.... but the pool being closed is another story.... I feel that with 2 small kids it is probably my deal breaker.

Thinking of changing over the BC garden view which will work out the same price.

What would you do?????:confused3

The pool being closed at any resort is a deal breaker for us. I would book another resort and not the Poly. The Poly is our favorite resort, but no pool= no way!

I have stayed at YC and the shared pool is awesome! It will be crowded in June/July but will be a welcome break from the heat. It's so hot in July! We always take a mid-day break/swim/nap. It's a must for our family. Even in Oct when the heat was not that bad, we take a break every day.

BC is a nice location as you can walk from the IG of EPCOT easily, especially after Illuminations. There is also a walkway to DS or a nice boat ride.

We really liked our YC stay, but the buses to DTD, AK and MK are horrible. The EPCOT buses all share a route, it would take 45 min just to make the resort rounds before we would leave for another park. We took a taxi to DTD, BB and TL during our YC stay! If you plan on going to MK a lot, I would book another monorail resort. We found the buses to be much better at the any of the monorail resorts.

JAMIESMITH 10-24-2013 02:47 PM

We spent five nights at the Polynesian last fall. I loved the resort: the rooms, Wishes from the beach, being a short walk from the TTC, the luau, everything! With that being said, we only got in the pool once and it just wasn't that special. The monorail access and the view of the fireworks from the beach were worth it for us!

maxiesmom 10-24-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

I agree. The pool at the Beach Club is not very easy on adults with small children. You can't see the whole pool area from any one spot, so you either need to keep the kiddies confined to one section of the pool, or be prepared to do a lot of moving around. Plus to get on the big slide you have to walk away from the pool and cross a public sidewalk. :worried:

I also agree with the poster who said the buses at the Epcot resorts are terrible. I found that to be the case too! Too many resorts on the loop, and bus rides that seemed to last forever.

I'd change from the Poly to the Contemporary. The pool there is much nicer for small kids, and then you are still on the monorail, plus within walking distance of the Magic Kingdom.

Babsy 10-24-2013 04:11 PM

Sadly, I would switch. I probably would choose a different MK resort, because with small kiddies you will probably spend a lot of time at the MK. The BC is very nice also, however.

Grace&Carolinesmom 10-24-2013 05:58 PM

With small children, I would not choose BC because of the large pool area that is chopped up into sections, the lack of good CS, and the poor bus service. Chances are you will spend the majority of your time at MK so being on the monorail is awesome.

CR would allow you both walking and monorail to MK. The monorail can even accommodate double strollers so that napping children can STAY napping;) The rooms are spacious and choosing the tower will give you a balcony to sit and relax while the children sleep. They do have a nice kids splash area adjacent to the pool but the pool is not zero entry.

GF would be my top pick for your family if the price is doable. Monorail service is great. There is a boat as well to MK but strollers would have to be folded up. The rooms are laid out very well and the balcony is great for relaxing while the kids sleep. The pools are the tipping point however. The GF has two pools that are zero entry and a lovely Alice in Wonderland themed wet play area for the little ones. The GF also has the most dining choices on the resort property.

Good luck with your choice:goodvibes