The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lanyards- plastic card cover ?- Photopass + (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3189269)

SDTeaGirl 10-21-2013 01:40 PM

Lanyards- plastic card cover ?- Photopass +

do we get a lanyard with the plastic cover thingy to put our photo pass + card in? I have preordered this and just wondering if I need to purchase a lanyard and plastic cover thing. thanks

suffieldhockeymom 10-21-2013 01:42 PM

It comes attached to a lanyard

Jess30 10-21-2013 01:43 PM

The card itself is plastic and is on a cheap lanyard type thing. It didn't look very secure, so if I was wearing it around my neck, I tucked it in my bra a bit to make it more secure. Otherwise I put it in my purse when I knew we wouldn't be using it for awhile.

siskaren 10-21-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suffieldhockeymom (Post 49886870)
It comes attached to a lanyard

I've heard it falls off rather easily, though.

ktlm 10-21-2013 02:44 PM

The card falls off the clip VERY easily on the lanyard they give you. The first time we used it last December, I had not walked 3 steps away from the Photopass counter and it fell off. I put it back on thinking it just must have been on the edge of the clip when they handed it to me, and within 3 minutes it fell off again. We did Photopass+ again at DL this summer, and again, the card promptly fell off the lanyard. I would not trust it as is.

Raenstoirm 10-21-2013 02:57 PM

We have bought + 3 times (29 park days total) and it didnt fall off once, so I have no clue what people are doing to the things outside of a few being defective from the manufacturer. BUT those cards are being discontinued in the next few weeks anyway, so depending on when you are going, photopass will probably just be on your magicband bracelet anyway.

BuzzBelleMom 10-21-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raenstoirm (Post 49887661)
BUT those cards are being discontinued in the next few weeks anyway, so depending on when you are going, photopass will probably just be on your magicband bracelet anyway.

Do you think that like with MB and FP+, they will be giving back-up cards until the kinks are worked out?

bumbershoot 10-21-2013 05:47 PM

I put tape around the metal thing. I lost mine first day using it at DLR, and after we found it (thank you, random stranger riding Mater after we did, who saw me looking around frantically (b/c I didn't remember that DH had taken a picture of it)) it was suggested that we use tape.

The people at MK's photo center have tape; they might not know where it is immediately, but they have it. Bet the other photo centers do, too.