The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Disney Dining or Deluxe??? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3187780)

Loftin716 10-18-2013 08:57 AM

Disney Dining or Deluxe???

Currently have the Disney dining plan but am thinking about upgrading to the deluxe just so we can have more flexibility and extra credits for dinner shows and character meals. My kids will be 11 and 7 and we all want to do CRT and Hoop Dee Doo among others. What do you all recommend? I really like the idea of not really having to worry about food costs once we are on the trip.

WDWFANCBIIIME 10-18-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loftin716 (Post 49859150)
Currently have the Disney dining plan but am thinking about upgrading to the deluxe just so we can have more flexibility and extra credits for dinner shows and character meals. My kids will be 11 and 7 and we all want to do CRT and Hoop Dee Doo among others. What do you all recommend? I really like the idea of not really having to worry about food costs once we are on the trip.

I really enjoy the Deluxe Dining Plan... If you can afford it I really recommend it! I think the regular DDP is constraining and stressful if you are not willing to pay for some of your meals/snacks...

If you are going to dinner shows, CRT, I would also suggest doing Flying Fish or California Grill too or both :) I love them both and it would provide a great mix of meals for you on your trip :thumbsup2

wiigirl 10-18-2013 09:21 AM

I would recommend upgrading to the deluxe. :goodvibes

summersalt 10-18-2013 10:22 AM

I upgraded to the deluxe plan. My husband enjoys a nice breakfast and hates every food court option he has ever had when it comes to breakfast. Therefore I did the math and since we are doing a table service for breakfast every day, it worked out cheaper for us. We're doing table service for breakfast and signature service for dinner most days. And mostly, I like having everything paid for before we leave(with the exception of tips and that's what my Disney Visa Rewards is used for!) ;)

nimbuscat 10-18-2013 10:53 AM

We are on the deluxe plan for our upcoming trip. We went back and forth...definitely deluxe, and then back to regular to save money...but then when I did the math and tried to keep track of which meals we were paying OOP for and which we were using credits for...it was a HUGE hassle. After what we planned to pay OOP (CRT being one of them...), the difference between regular and deluxe dining was minimal. We switched back to deluxe, and I'm happy that we won't have to try to keep track of snack vs QS vs TS vs OOP during our vacation.

Masonmj84 10-18-2013 10:58 AM

I'd also recommend upgrading to deluxe if you can afford it.

We've done the DxDP and really enjoyed using the credits for two TS per day (one meal typically being a signature dinner).

We now do TIW but basically still reserve ADRs as if we are on the DxDP. For me, the most fun part is going to a different deluxe resort every night for dinner. Not only do you get to enjoy a nice meal but you get to experience the ambiance/theming of all of the different resorts (I always allow some time to just sit in the lobby and soak up the vibe). So much fun.:goodvibes

Loftin716 10-18-2013 11:05 AM

Thank you all so much!! My thoughts were right! Looks like it will be an upgrade, but should be worth it! Thanks again! I am new to this forum and it is awesome!

Jenny Sanders 10-18-2013 05:21 PM

I have done both plans several times. Both are great, but my favorite is the deluxe. I like having an appetizer and dessert with each meal when I'm on vaca. I also like having 2 snack credits a day. I think they come in handy for breakfast items.:earsgirl:

Melanie B 10-18-2013 08:31 PM

This will be our 3rd trip with deluxe and we really enjoy it. We like the splurge. We don't eat like that at home but it's a nice treat on vacation to eat lobster and steak without the sticker shock.