The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Disney Dining Help! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3187498)

Brie1289 10-17-2013 03:13 PM

Disney Dining Help!

:cool1: Hello Fellow Disney Friends!

Disney is coming up in just a little under a month, and it's our first time! Below are the restaurants we have reserved - input and reviews are welcome!
  • The Crystal Palace (Winnie the Pooh Character Breakfast)
  • The Plaza
  • Coral Reef Restaurant
  • The Tusker House
  • Sci-Fi Dine In
  • Chef Mickey (Character Breakfast)
  • Ohana (Late reservation; want to watch the fireworks on the beach of the resort)
  • Grand Floridian
  • The Maya Grill

DisneyMommy9 10-17-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brie1289 (Post 49852993)
:cool1: Hello Fellow Disney Friends! Disney is coming up in just a little under a month, and it's our first time! Below are the restaurants we have reserved - input and reviews are welcome![*]The Crystal Palace (Winnie the Pooh Character Breakfast)[*]The Plaza[*]Coral Reef Restaurant[*]The Tusker House[*]Sci-Fi Dine In[*]Chef Mickey (Character Breakfast)[*]Ohana (Late reservation; want to watch the fireworks on the beach of the resort)[*]Grand Floridian[*]The Maya Grill

All great choices, especially for your first trip. Ohana is a fav of mine, we do breakfast and dinner each trip.

ses1230 10-17-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

:cool1: Hello Fellow Disney Friends!

Disney is coming up in just a little under a month, and it's our first time! Below are the restaurants we have reserved - input and reviews are welcome!
  • The Crystal Palace (Winnie the Pooh Character Breakfast)
    In my experience the characters take a little on the long side here. To speed things up, you can ask for your check when you are seated. That way when you are finished eating you can just leave. The food is decent.
  • The Plaza
    Good sandwiches and the best french fries on property! The strawberry salad is very good also. And of course the ice cream for dessert.
  • The Tusker House
    Good food, a lot of variety from traditional breakfast to African inspired. The characters are fun, it is the only character meal that features Daisy. Goofy leads the kids around in a musical parade. it's cute. The juice they serve is delicious.
  • Ohana (Late reservation; want to watch the fireworks on the beach of the resort)
    Good plan!
  • Grand Floridian
    Which restaurant?

Brie1289 10-17-2013 11:37 PM

I am not sure about the Grand Floridian - but it says "Grand Floridian Cafe - Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa" for the location if that helps?

thegib95 10-17-2013 11:43 PM

Haven't eaten at all of these but the ones I have...
Crystal Palace - agree it seems to be slow moving
Tusker house-(I hope this is for breakfast) amazing, great characters, good food variety and quality IMO, but the real reason we go, THE JUICE, OMG JUNGLE JUICE!

cymbaldiva 10-18-2013 12:14 AM

Quote:

:cool1: Hello Fellow Disney Friends! Disney is coming up in just a little under a month, and it's our first time! Below are the restaurants we have reserved - input and reviews are welcome![*]The Crystal Palace (Winnie the Pooh Character Breakfast)[*]The Plaza[*]Coral Reef Restaurant[*]The Tusker House[*]Sci-Fi Dine In[*]Chef Mickey (Character Breakfast)[*]Ohana (Late reservation; want to watch the fireworks on the beach of the resort)[*]Grand Floridian[*]The Maya Grill

Will need way more information to even start to advise. Thats a ton of ADRs - how many days are you staying?

stauncie 10-18-2013 01:32 AM

We dined at the Grand Floridian Café our visit last January. DH was not impressed with the food but DD and I both really enjoyed our meals (we both had the chicken pasta dish) and the dessert was wonderful (we had a sampler dessert).

Maya Grill -- meh. DH enjoyed, but I do not like anything spicey (or any kind of pepper) So, there was very little I ate there. As in, not even the bread, because it was a Jalepeno pepper bread. I wasted a dining credit.

We love Crystal Palace. Never been for breakfast, but we enjoy both lunch and dinner there we always go for an early seating and have never had slow service.

Ohana gets both good and bad reviews. We haven't been since they changed the menu a couple of years ago. We have had both good and bad experiences here.

Sci Fi. the food was good, but it was dark. as in TOO DARK to be able to read the menu. I still remember the dessert. YUM!!!

we haven't dined at the Plaza, or the Tusker House.

Jenny Sanders 10-18-2013 05:12 PM

Great choices! My family had breakfast at Chef Mickey's this past July (I think it was our 5th visit). The food is ok and the characters are always awesome!

TokyoSunrise 10-18-2013 07:46 PM

Love your choices. Similar to what we would choose. Have fun and enjoy. Having a late reservation at Ohana's to enjoy fireworks is a great idea. Maybe something for us to think about next time.

Brie1289 10-18-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cymbaldiva (Post 49857712)
Will need way more information to even start to advise. Thats a ton of ADRs - how many days are you staying?

I'm an open book - what do you need to know?! We are going from Saturday, November 2- Saturday November 9th. :cool1:

Brie1289 10-18-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ses1230 (Post 49856347)

Thank you!