The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Your Choice! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3185752)

mana'olana 10-13-2013 07:38 PM

Your Choice!

Hubby and I are going on an impromptu trip in 3 weeks for the F&W Festival. This is our first trip alone since kiddos were born, 9 1/2 years! Anyways, we plan on eating our tail off or maybe I should say adding to our tail for 2 days, but we have a night that we want to go to a really nice dinner.

Any suggestions? We've been to Disney 7 times now and have only had one nice dinner, that was our honeymoon 16 years ago at Fulton's - which we loved. Not sure if that is still considered a nice place. We would like to try somewhere new since we can go somewhere nice since we will be sans kids.

rlovew 10-13-2013 08:00 PM

Flying Fish had one of the best meals we ever had at Disney about a month ago. We also really enjoy Artist Point (but we haven't been in a couple of years). Jiko's is also a great place. All 3 of the signatures I have mentioned we have found to be a bit quieter and romantic than some of the others that tend to be more crowded. We used to adore Bistro de France but we have not tried it since it changed over.

mana'olana 10-13-2013 08:55 PM

I actually thought about Artist Point, but didn't think about Flying Fish. Thanks!

karly05 10-13-2013 09:20 PM

I really enjoyed Flying Fish in 2012 and would love to go back. Artist Point is good, too, and in my experience this year it seemed more of a quiet/adult atmosphere (I was there early, though, and they weren't too busy). (FF is definitely nice, but a bit more "lively," maybe?)

WDWFANCBIIIME 10-13-2013 10:05 PM

My three favorite restaurants on property are

California Grill
Flying Fish
Jiko

For meal all have fantastic food, fantastic atmosphere and fantastic service :thumbsup2

YCFAN 10-13-2013 10:13 PM

California Grill
Artist Point
Jiko

Honorable mention to Yachtsman Steakhouse

Pakey 10-13-2013 10:28 PM

Adults only top pick is always V&A. Second choice (or first if you love seafood) is bluezoo.

tinks_1989 10-14-2013 02:33 AM

Narcossess is our favourite.

hedberg1661 10-14-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pakey (Post 49820072)
Adults only top pick is always V&A. Second choice (or first if you love seafood) is bluezoo.

I agree. If you really want to do it up V&A.

bostonminnie 10-14-2013 07:33 PM

My husband and I love California Grill during Wishes and Yachtsman Steakhouse for our date nights. Have fun:goodvibes

mana'olana 10-17-2013 09:45 PM

Thanks guys/gals! Definitely doing Yachtsman Club. I never thought of Bluezoo. We're staying at Dolphin so that would work out perfect! Can't wait!! Just booked our cruise for April.

karenklo 10-18-2013 11:13 AM

We are going without kids in Dec-we are eating at:
Jiko (has always been our fave at WDW)
V&A in the Queen Victoria room-first time since no kids!!
Cali Grill for the atmosphere!

Enjoy the child-free vaca!!:cool1:

Axel 10-18-2013 12:17 PM

If you want good food and a nice, quiet (mostly kid free) atmosphere, but are hesitant about the cost or changing menu at V&A's, I'd say give Citricos a try. They share a kitchen with V&A (but not a chef) and offer some really good meals.

I've only eaten there once, but I loved it. I'll be eating my birthday dinner there come July!

goofyintoronto 10-18-2013 02:05 PM

Ive tried Citrico's & California Grill. Cali Grill is definitely my fave. Love the variety on the menu. The food is incredible.

Citrico's is good too, but I enjoyed Cali Grill way more.

I agree with the others about V&A. While ive never been, this is definitely the place i'd pick for an adult night out (if you want to spend that kind of money of course!).

debfen 10-18-2013 02:09 PM

California Grill is wonderful. If you choose to go here, try to get reservations around the time of the fireworks. It has an amazing view. So much fun and great memories!