The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Who is at Poly now to report on daytime resort monorail shutdown? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3185255)

jekjones1558 10-12-2013 02:15 PM

Who is at Poly now to report on daytime resort monorail shutdown?
 
During the daytime shutdown of the resort monorail is there a boat directly to MK? A bus? How often?

EvilQueenT 10-12-2013 09:50 PM

In terms of the boats I read on wdwmagic that they had added more boats going to/from mk on the regular mk/gf/poly route. Don't know about the buses tho.

simba2 10-12-2013 11:54 PM

Going soon. Just saw this thread. What do you mean about the monorail being shut down during the day? We picked the Poly to be on the monorail line. I need it for my mobility scooter -- don't think I can take it on the boat.

jekjones1558 10-13-2013 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simba2 (Post 49813467)
Going soon. Just saw this thread. What do you mean about the monorail being shut down during the day? We picked the Poly to be on the monorail line. I need it for my mobility scooter -- don't think I can take it on the boat.

From about Oct. 6 - 20 the resort monorail is not running from 11:00 AM until 6:00 PM. Supposedly buses and boats will be used during these times.

EagleScout 10-13-2013 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simba2
Going soon. Just saw this thread. What do you mean about the monorail being shut down during the day? We picked the Poly to be on the monorail line. I need it for my mobility scooter -- don't think I can take it on the boat.

From other threads, resort monorail is down for a few/several weeks from late morning (10 or 11) until just before dinner (6 or so). Luckily at poly, you also have option of walking to ttc and just taking express monorail.

mevelandry 10-13-2013 07:26 AM

I think OP wants to hear the voice of those staying there right now and know if the replacements are efficient. :thumbsup2

2DisPrincesses 10-13-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jekjones1558
During the daytime shutdown of the resort monorail is there a boat directly to MK? A bus? How often?

Both buy not often enough when we were there last week. It took us an hour to get to Magic Kingdom on the 9th...

JessietheNCCowgirl 10-13-2013 08:09 AM

First off, I must say I love the Westie avatar picture, we have 2 Westies ourselves.
Secondly, we just returned last night from an 8-night stay at the Poly. We headed to the MK twice for the Halloween party during the time that the resort monorail was unavailable. We did take a boat and they were using larger boats (ones you can roll strollers and wheelchairs on) to handle the crowds. The boats came every 10 minutes or so. We had to wait to board a 2nd boat on one trip over and the 2nd trip we had to stand.
You can also walk to the TTC and board the express monorail or the ferry boats which may be faster than taking a resort boat launch depending on what building you are in and how many people are waiting in line on the boat dock. Let me know if you have other questions. Have a great trip!

jekjones1558 10-13-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessietheNCCowgirl (Post 49814574)
First off, I must say I love the Westie avatar picture, we have 2 Westies ourselves.
Secondly, we just returned last night from an 8-night stay at the Poly. We headed to the MK twice for the Halloween party during the time that the resort monorail was unavailable. We did take a boat and they were using larger boats (ones you can roll strollers and wheelchairs on) to handle the crowds. The boats came every 10 minutes or so. We had to wait to board a 2nd boat on one trip over and the 2nd trip we had to stand.
You can also walk to the TTC and board the express monorail or the ferry boats which may be faster than taking a resort boat launch depending on what building you are in and how many people are waiting in line on the boat dock. Let me know if you have other questions. Have a great trip!

Thanks for the great info. Just what I need.
P.S. Westies are characters!

Fly me with Balloons 10-13-2013 09:17 AM

Tikiman just posted on FB that the monorail is back to normal.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.