The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Is laundry free at all Deluxes or just DVC resorts? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3184428)

JanaDee 10-10-2013 02:05 PM

Is laundry free at all Deluxes or just DVC resorts?

Are the laundry rooms free at all the deluxes or just the DVC resorts?

Thanks!

mukorasirish 10-10-2013 02:07 PM

Not free at Poly

I know it's not free at the Poly so I'd say it's a DVC thing.

kmb584 10-10-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanaDee (Post 49793371)
Are the laundry rooms free at all the deluxes or just the DVC resorts?

Thanks!

It's definitely not free at the deluxe resorts. We tend to stay in one every April and I've always had to use the coin operated laundry room.

If you're staying on DVC points, you'll be able to use the laundry room free of charge or if you're in a bigger unit, there will be a stackable washer and dryer in the room itself.

JanaDee 10-10-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmb584 (Post 49794028)

It's definitely not free at the deluxe resorts. We tend to stay in one every April and I've always had to use the coin operated laundry room.

If you're staying on DVC points, you'll be able to use the laundry room free of charge or if you're in a bigger unit, there will be a stackable washer and dryer in the room itself.

When we stayed in a studio at SSR, the laundry room was free, so I was wondering if that was for all deluxes or just DVC.

Thanks everyone.

Day-Day 10-10-2013 05:02 PM

While staying at POR my daughter and I went to Old Key West to play tennis. I brought the laundry to wash while we were playing and found out there was no charge for the washer and dryers.:cool1:

goofy4tink 10-10-2013 05:25 PM

If you are staying at a Dvc resort, you should be able to do laundry free. It isn't intended for those visiting the resort to bring their laundry and do it while there.
Non-Dvc resorts all charge for laundry usage.

Momoftwins+1 10-11-2013 06:32 AM

Definitely pay at deluxe for laundry. Oh and bring extra coins, some of the dryers are not quick at drying things! <mommy who sat for a long time on our down day in the Contemp. laundry room>

kmb584 10-11-2013 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanaDee (Post 49794607)
When we stayed in a studio at SSR, the laundry room was free, so I was wondering if that was for all deluxes or just DVC.

Thanks everyone.

Just DVC, which SSR is.

DVC-Don 10-11-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Day-Day (Post 49794863)
While staying at POR my daughter and I went to Old Key West to play tennis. I brought the laundry to wash while we were playing and found out there was no charge for the washer and dryers.:cool1:

Now that ticks me off. :sad2:

Deb & Bill 10-11-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Day-Day (Post 49794863)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DVC-Don (Post 49801477)
Now that ticks me off. :sad2:

Me, too. Nothing like stealing something you aren't entitled to. How did you get on the tennis court? You weren't entitled to that either.

cvjw 10-11-2013 01:37 PM

I would have been peeved if I was legally staying at OKW and wanted to use those washers, and they weren't available because a non-guest was using them to save a few bucks. But at this point, nothing really surprises me anymore :confused3

Day-Day 10-11-2013 01:43 PM

Very Funny

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deb & Bill (Post 49801812)
Me, too. Nothing like stealing something you aren't entitled to. How did you get on the tennis court? You weren't entitled to that either.

You are wrong. Where did you come up with this?:sad2:

Tennis courts are available for use by any guest of a Walt Disney World Resort hotel. It is mentioned on the Disney website as well as printed in resort documentation. I also called to find out which courts we could go to and if we could reserve. We showed our POR room keys and parking pass to the guard at he gate to Old Key West and told him we were there to play tennis; didn't mention we'd be "stealing" washer and dryer time.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/tennis/

I had my quarters for the washing machines but they didnt' take them and there was nothing posted saying who can and cannot use them.:sad:

Day-Day 10-11-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cvjw (Post 49801898)
I would have been peeved if I was legally staying at OKW and wanted to use those washers, and they weren't available because a non-guest was using them to save a few bucks. But at this point, nothing really surprises me anymore :confused3

If you are referring to me, I wasn't using them to save a few bucks and there were plenty available.

wiigirl 10-11-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momoftwins+1 (Post 49798593)
Definitely pay at deluxe for laundry. Oh and bring extra coins, some of the dryers are not quick at drying things! <mommy who sat for a long time on our down day in the Contemp. laundry room>

:thumbsup2

RebelSoul 10-11-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Day-Day (Post 49801971)
If you are referring to me, I wasn't using them to save a few bucks and there were plenty available.

I just want to make you aware that it is DVC members that pay for members and guests of members (those staying at the resort/renting points) for that free laundry through their maintenance fees. The free laundry is not meant for every guest staying throughout WDW and it is also not paid for by Disney. Perhaps you were not aware of this at the time.