The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Dining Plan (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Weird question about AP holder and free dining. (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3182778)

pookie10 10-07-2013 10:55 AM

Weird question about AP holder and free dining.

Alright, so I am planning a trip for me, my two kids, and my boyfriend for early March, I know they will be doing the play/stay/dine discount , available tomorrow, for my dates.

Here is my question, Is he eligible for the discount as well?? Since its not technically free dining?? He has an annual pass, so we will only be purchasing tickets for the three of us...will we still be eligible for the discount?

smiths02 10-07-2013 12:15 PM

Discount Requirements

■Minimum 3 night stay
■Maximum 14 night stay
■Minimum 2 day park pass must be included in the package
■Dining Plan must be included in the package
■Guests staying at a Walt Disney World value resort must purchase the Quick Service dining plan or better
■Guests staying at a Walt Disney World moderate, deluxe or deluxe villa resort must purchase the Disney Dining plan or better

I am finding over and over again on the internets that you must purchase 2 day park tickets to get the stay, play, dine discount package...this would mean everyone on the reservation needs to purchase 2 day park tickets at least.

If you are going longer, you can start with the 2 day park tickets for everyone (I would do the basic, 2-day no park hopper, no water parks, etc.), when you get there you can activate the tickets for you and your children and extend/upgrade them if necessary and you can save the 2-day ticket for your boyfriend. That 2-day ticket won't expire if not used.

clanmcculloch 10-07-2013 12:19 PM

You can pretty much count on any package discount having a ticket purchase requirement. That doesn't mean AP holders aren't eligible. That just means that AP holders have to meet that requirement and need to purchase tickets that they don't currently need. They CAN use those tickets in the future towards their next AP purchase or a future trip.

HopperFan 10-07-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clanmcculloch (Post 49764447)
You can pretty much count on any package discount having a ticket purchase requirement. That doesn't mean AP holders aren't eligible. That just means that AP holders have to meet that requirement and need to purchase tickets that they don't currently need. They CAN use those tickets in the future towards their next AP purchase or a future trip.

This is what we do. I just got back with my 2 day tickets unused and will use them as credit towards my new AP.

pookie10 10-09-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HopperFan (Post 49765219)
This is what we do. I just got back with my 2 day tickets unused and will use them as credit towards my new AP.

Great, thank you!!

poplover777 10-14-2013 10:42 AM

In addition to OP question, does the 2 day ticket need to be a park hopper or just one with no expiration. TIA

kat3668 10-14-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poplover777 (Post 49823358)
In addition to OP question, does the 2 day ticket need to be a park hopper or just one with no expiration. TIA

Just needs to be a base ticket.... no -no expiration required' :)

clanmcculloch 10-15-2013 08:03 AM

The base MYW ticket will not expire until 14 days after first use. If you don't use it for 5 years then it won't expire until 14 days after that day that's 5 years from now. No need to add the no-expire option.