The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Carribean vs bahama (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3182367)

Justicebreez 10-06-2013 01:53 PM

Carribean vs bahama

Hello we are new to the cruise scene and although we are booked for a 3 day bahama cruise(yay) I was wondering the differences between the Caribbean and bahama cruises?? Advantages disadvantage stuff like that! Is Castaway cay the key to the experience as my travel agent suggested? I'm already to book my next cruise so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

jdb in AZ 10-06-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justicebreez (Post 49756030)
Hello we are new to the cruise scene and although we are booked for a 3 day bahama cruise(yay) I was wondering the differences between the Caribbean and bahama cruises?? Advantages disadvantage stuff like that! Is Castaway cay the key to the experience as my travel agent suggested? I'm already to book my next cruise so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Castaway Cay is very nice. The offer a buffet on the beach, and lots of water activities. Or you can just sunbathe on the white groomed(!) sand.

The biggest difference I've found between the DCL Bahamas cruises and their Caribbean cruises, is there's more ports of call in the Caribbean, so you get to see more far away places, and more diversity.

wiigirl 10-06-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdb in AZ (Post 49757042)
Castaway Cay is very nice. The offer a buffet on the beach, and lots of water activities. Or you can just sunbathe on the white groomed(!) sand.

The biggest difference I've found between the DCL Bahamas cruises and their Caribbean cruises, is there's more ports of call in the Caribbean, so you get to see more far away places, and more diversity.

:thumbsup2

kimistry6 10-06-2013 05:32 PM

This is just our experience, but the longer caribbean cruises just seem much more relaxed. No need to get everything in right away. If there's a long line for the aquaduck, we can come back later. Plus, we love sea days and on the eastern there are 2 sea days at the very front which give you time to rest and get your sea legs. That being said, as much as I love the longer cruises, I would pick a 3-4 night one over not cruising at all.

TempusFugit 10-06-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimistry6
This is just our experience, but the longer caribbean cruises just seem much more relaxed. No need to get everything in right away. If there's a long line for the aquaduck, we can come back later. Plus, we love sea days and on the eastern there are 2 sea days at the very front which give you time to rest and get your sea legs. That being said, as much as I love the longer cruises, I would pick a 3-4 night one over not cruising at all.

Our experience as well. Also, Castaway Cay is a stop for all Disney cruise itineraries with a few exceptions. So fear not, you won't miss out on it.

JimGA 10-06-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justicebreez (Post 49756030)
I'm already to book my next cruise so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

My advice would be to book your next cruise while you are on your 3 day cruise, you will save 10% and only have to put down 10% plus get eitehr $100 or 200 in shipboard credits.