The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   e-smoking on board - Disney policy? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3182311)

the_bUg 10-06-2013 11:19 AM

e-smoking on board - Disney policy?
 
I'm curious to know whether or not anyone has any experience or knowledge of a policy on e-smoking on board.

I quit smoking analogue cigarettes 45 days ago by using e-smokes and have found it highly effective. I DO enjoy the experience and know that the health risks of E-smoking are about a million times less than smoking analogue cigarettes.

This all being said, I expect that I will still be vaping come cruise time and I'm wondering if I should just follow the "regular" smoking policies on board or what? I mean, to be honest with you, I have little desire to hang around in the smoking areas.

I do not plan to e-smoke in restaurants, theaters, enclosed common areas, but would like to know I can do so by the pool (adult area) and in my stateroom.

The vapor released from e-smoking is not harmful, non carcinogenic and virtually odorless. So, am I safe to vape in common areas?

Maybe I should just ask Disney if they have a policy in place for this.

Just to be clear, 99 percent of what I exhale is water vapor and there has been a scientific study done (http://publichealth.drexel.edu/SiteD...0e603/ms08.pdf) showing that in real world terms the risks of second hand e-smoke exposure are essentially nil.

So yah, I know us e-smokers are far and few between, but can anyone shed some light?

Be aware, there is a fair amount of FUD spread by big-tobacco and their lobbyists such as sensationalist media pieces and flawed commisioned studies, but in the big scheme of things I know that my choice is the right choice for me.

PrincessShmoo 10-06-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_bUg (Post 49755380)
I'm curious to know whether or not anyone has any experience or knowledge of a policy on e-smoking on board.

I quit smoking analogue cigarettes 45 days ago by using e-smokes and have found it highly effective. I DO enjoy the experience and know that the health risks of E-smoking are about a million times less than smoking analogue cigarettes.

This all being said, I expect that I will still be vaping come cruise time and I'm wondering if I should just follow the "regular" smoking policies on board or what? I mean, to be honest with you, I have little desire to hang around in the smoking areas.

I do not plan to e-smoke in restaurants, theaters, enclosed common areas, but would like to know I can do so by the pool (adult area) and in my stateroom.

The vapor released from e-smoking is not harmful, non carcinogenic and virtually odorless. So, am I safe to vape in common areas?

Maybe I should just ask Disney if they have a policy in place for this.

Just to be clear, 99 percent of what I exhale is water vapor and there has been a scientific study done (http://publichealth.drexel.edu/SiteD...0e603/ms08.pdf) showing that in real world terms the risks of second hand e-smoke exposure are essentially nil.

So yah, I know us e-smokers are far and few between, but can anyone shed some light?

Be aware, there is a fair amount of FUD spread by big-tobacco and their lobbyists such as sensationalist media pieces and flawed commisioned studies, but in the big scheme of things I know that my choice is the right choice for me.

From the DCL website:

Q:
Where can I smoke on board?
A:
Disney Cruise Line has never allowed smoking in Guest staterooms. In addition, smoking is prohibited in all interior spaces throughout our ships and beginning November 15, 2013, smoking will be prohibited on stateroom verandahs. In an effort to provide a cruise experience that satisfies both our non-smoking and smoking Guests, smoking (including the use of electronic cigarettes) is only permitted in designated areas of the ship.


https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/p...afety/smoking/

This policy is pretty much in line with most other cruiselines.

the_bUg 10-06-2013 11:30 AM

Hrmmm. Well okay then. I guess I'm fine with that. LOL. I guess I could have just checked the "regular" smoking policy. :)

Thanks!

the_bUg 10-06-2013 11:32 AM

So wait... When did they ban smoking on verandahs? The wife is going to be pretty upset. She still smokes the stinkies.

PrincessShmoo 10-06-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_bUg (Post 49755482)
So wait... When did they ban smoking on verandahs? The wife is going to be pretty upset. She still smokes the stinkies.

Effective Nov 15.

the_bUg 10-06-2013 11:34 AM

Well sunofagun. Stop visiting the boards for a month or two and look what happens. XD Thanks as always princess shmoo.

I swear, you are almost always there with a quick response! <3

PrincessShmoo 10-06-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_bUg (Post 49755505)
Well sunofagun. Stop visiting the boards for a month or two and look what happens. XD Thanks as always princess shmoo.

I swear, you are almost always there with a quick response! <3

I have no life :rotfl:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.