The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Another dinner dress code question (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3182301)

Beehn 10-06-2013 12:08 PM

Another dinner dress code question

Sorry to start another thread on dressing for dinner, but I think this should be a quick question. We are first timers on a 3 night in November. I would like us to participate in pirate night without doing full costumes. DDs and I will probably do striped shirts and black skirts or something similar. I found several skull and crossbones t-shirts that I think I could convince DH to wear. Is it ok if he is in a t-shirt in the main dining room? He is not a costume guy, but I can usually convince him to wear a coordinating t-shirt! Thoughts?

PrincessShmoo 10-06-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beehn (Post 49755311)
Sorry to start another thread on dressing for dinner, but I think this should be a quick question. We are first timers on a 3 night in November. I would like us to participate in pirate night without doing full costumes. DDs and I will probably do striped shirts and black skirts or something similar. I found several skull and crossbones t-shirts that I think I could convince DH to wear. Is it ok if he is in a t-shirt in the main dining room? He is not a costume guy, but I can usually convince him to wear a coordinating t-shirt! Thoughts?

For Pirate night the dress code is basically "pirate gear". Whatever you deem that to be.

Beehn 10-07-2013 09:03 AM

Thank you! T- Shirt is ordered.

shandrananette 10-07-2013 10:22 AM

DH wore a pirate t-shirt and fit in just fine. Enjoy!

lorimay 10-07-2013 12:01 PM

Yep, My husband, son, and son-in-law all wore t-shirts on pirate night.

Have fun!

jdb in AZ 10-07-2013 01:08 PM

The ships sell pirate t-shirts, so yeah, they're fine in the MDR's on pirate night.

MND 10-07-2013 01:19 PM

On my next DCL cruise, I would like to dress as a Somali pirate for pirate night. I would wear cut off jeans, a short sleeve plaid shirt, dew rag and sneakers. Do you think that would be OK? :confused3

PrincessTrisha 10-07-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MND (Post 49764445)
On my next DCL cruise, I would like to dress as a Somali pirate for pirate night. I would wear cut off jeans, a short sleeve plaid shirt, dew rag and sneakers. Do you think that would be OK? :confused3

Since you're not wearing a swimsuit or tank top, yes, your outfit falls within DCL's dress code :thumbsup2.

MND 10-07-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessTrisha (Post 49764784)
Since you're not wearing a swimsuit or tank top, yes, your outfit falls within DCL's dress code :thumbsup2.

Thanks! I'm not sure I'll do it but I think it would be cool to dress as an authentic East African pirate. pirate:

Mike

PrincessTrisha 10-07-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MND (Post 49764886)
Thanks! I'm not sure I'll do it but I think it would be cool to dress as an authentic East African pirate. pirate:

Mike

I believe that Disney does ask that you leave the fake guns at home though. :rotfl:

MND 10-07-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessTrisha (Post 49764966)
I believe that Disney does ask that you leave the fake guns at home though. :rotfl:

Do they? I thought they sold fake gun and knives for Pirate Night. A fake machete strapped to my belt would be a nice touch! pirate:

Mike