The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Dining Plan (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Deluxe Dining Plan question (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179688)

kittyab 09-30-2013 11:28 AM

Deluxe Dining Plan question

I know we get 3 meals a day but do they have to be one breakfast one lunch one dinner?

My issue is.... I can not get a 5 pm dinner reservation at one of the parks but I got a 4:15 one. That is considered lunch.

So if you technically have 2 lunches that day is that a issue?

Brian_WDW74 09-30-2013 11:30 AM

I've moved this thread to the Disney Dining Plan board. :)

snuggly duckling 09-30-2013 11:36 AM

You can use your credits however you like

angierae 09-30-2013 11:37 AM

You can use your credits any way you want. You could use five in one day if you wanted to.

When we had DxDP what we did was a lunch and then a two credit dinner, and used a snack for a breakfast pastry or whatnot.

smiths02 09-30-2013 01:04 PM

On the Deluxe DP, you get 3 meal CREDITS per night per person (plus 2 snacks credits per night per person) not necessarily 3 meals. Keep in mind that some table service meals require 2 credits (CRT, dinner shows, signature restaurants).

As others stated, you can use in whatever order you want.

I would caution you that eating a sit down breakfast, sit down lunch, and sit down "dinner" at 4:15 would be WAY too much time sitting and eating and WAY too much food. On a day where dinner is at 4:15, you may want to just eat breakfast, dinner and use snack credits at lunch. You can use your "extra" credits to eat at signature or a dinner show.

GuelphDisneyphile 09-30-2013 09:12 PM

DH and I used the DxDP on our last trip. The others are correct; it's three meal credits per night of your stay.

We were there for seven nights, so we had 42 credits (21 credits each) to use. That is a TON of food if you're eating a one-credit sit down for every meal. I would not recommend attempting that!

Many nights we booked signature restaurants in the evening - we ate at Citricos, Yachtsman, Le Cellier, Narcooseee's. On those days, we used a snack credit for breakfast and had an early lunch reservation. On a couple days, we split a counterservice breakfast and a counterservice lunch, before heading off to a heavier one credit meal (say, Biergarten). So that day, we only used two credits each, and "banked them" for a special event.

It's a very flexible plan, but we found that unless you're going to use a lot of two-credit options, it's probably too much.

Roxy13 10-07-2013 05:27 PM

Hubby and I have gone back and forth about regular dining and Deluxe. If we do regular dining we get 6 QS and 6 table service, we want to eat at 3 signature so that takes care of all 6 TS, we then we would have to fill in other table service or QS and pay out of pocket. For additional 45.00 per day per person, we would have all of our dining. To us deluxe seems our best bet.

Masonmj84 10-11-2013 10:24 AM

As PPs have stated, using 2 credits per day for a signature meal (or dinner show) is the way to make the DxDP work.

And if you use the other credit for a TS lunch, make sure you space the meals far enough apart (I'd suggest a minimum of 6 hours).

I'd also note that if you're early risers and have kids under age 10, pre-park opening character breakfasts are a pretty good use of the other TS credit.

joybeth 10-12-2013 10:08 PM

DH and I upgraded our free dining to DxDP for our anniversary trip next week. We are doing a breakfast or lunch each day and then a signature dinner each night at 8pm or later. We plan to use a lot of the snack credits at the Food and Wine Fest.