The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Can you get ? in USA and UK? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179276)

dizzyr 09-29-2013 01:07 PM

Can you get ? in USA and UK?

Can you get the following in the US? What about UK? I'm in Canada and wanted to add something to the FE gifts that you can't get there but the site I checked was from a few years ago so not sure if the items are still unavailable outside of Canada.

Aero bar
Coffee Crisp
Ketchup Chips
All Dressed Chips

Anything else you may have tried/gotten before along those lines that you liked?

Janepod 09-29-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzyr (Post 49696610)
Can you get the following in the US? What about UK? I'm in Canada and wanted to add something to the FE gifts that you can't get there but the site I checked was from a few years ago so not sure if the items are still unavailable outside of Canada.

Aero bar
Coffee Crisp
Ketchup Chips
All Dressed Chips

Anything else you may have tried/gotten before along those lines that you liked?

Stop & Shop here in CT has Aero Bars. Haven't seen the other things, but haven't looked. Ketchup Chips sound ... not good.

minnie mum 09-29-2013 01:36 PM

The candy bars are Cadbury products, so would be easily available in the UK, I would think. THe only place I recall finding Cadbury bars in the US was at the UK pavilion in Epcot (at exhorbitant prices).

The chips, I dunno- they have some REALLY different flavours available in the UK though. I've never seen those flavours of chips in the US.

lizabu 09-29-2013 02:02 PM

I think they don't have Smarties in the US. I'm not sure when your trip is but I just bought some Halloween themed ones called Scaries and they have Halloween themed Coffee Crisp called Coffin Crisp and Halloween Aero called Scaero

fimac 09-29-2013 02:09 PM

UK will have aero bars, coffee crisp and ketchup chips(crisps) I would not expect them to have all dressed chips.

Danauk 09-29-2013 02:15 PM

We have aero bars in the UK. You probably can get ketchup crisps (sorry chips!) here too. I haven't seen coffee crisp or all dressed chips anywhere near where I live. In fact I have never even heard of all dressed chips.

lolainkent 09-29-2013 03:57 PM

If there were Coffee Crisps in the UK, I've never stop eating them! That's one thing friends/family have to bring when they come visit from Canada. I've only ever seen them at the Canada Store in Covent Garden (which is now shut, I think). Same with All Dressed chips. I've never seen Ketchup chips. Dill Pickle is also not available here.

We have regular, mint and orange Aero bars.

PrincessShmoo 09-29-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizabu (Post 49696969)
I think they don't have Smarties in the US. I'm not sure when your trip is but I just bought some Halloween themed ones called Scaries and they have Halloween themed Coffee Crisp called Coffin Crisp and Halloween Aero called Scaero

Smarties? Like this?
http://i39.tinypic.com/23vkpch.jpg

We have them in the US. They're DHs favorite.

Now, if you're referring to something else called "Smarties"???:confused3

lolainkent 09-29-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo (Post 49697784)
Smarties? Like this?
http://i39.tinypic.com/23vkpch.jpg

Smarties in Canada are chocolate with a candy coating, always packed in a box. Similar to basic M&M's.

OP - Smarties are in the UK!

ilovemk76 09-29-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzyr (Post 49696610)

Aero bar
Coffee Crisp
Ketchup Chips
All Dressed Chips

Ketchup chips are sold in the US but are not nearly as popular as they are in Canada.

tvguy 09-29-2013 05:00 PM

I just Skyped with DD in England, she says her roommates from Germany and Malaysia say the western food item they consider a treat is individual services of Kraft Macaroni and cheese. :eek: DD is appalled because we always make Mac and Cheese from scratch.

goofyintoronto 09-29-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janepod (Post 49696678)
Stop & Shop here in CT has Aero Bars. Haven't seen the other things, but haven't looked. Ketchup Chips sound ... not good.

Ketchup chips are actually pretty good! You should try it if you ever get the chance. More kids than adults seem to enjoy them.

In canada we have all kinds of crazy flavours. Maple flavour chips, perogie flavour, i've also seen tandoori, fries and gravy, roast chicken, and the list goes on and on.

BTW Smarties (the ones simillar to M&Ms) are absolutely devine!!! I actually cant stand chocolate M&Ms, i prefer smarties. My fave! :goodvibes

lizabu 09-29-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo (Post 49697784)

Smarties? Like this?

No. These are what Smarties are in Canada
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i7...ps739d9a9e.jpg

Marlea98 09-29-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizabu (Post 49698444)

No. These are what Smarties are in Canada

We have the same ones in Australia.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

dizzyr 09-29-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janepod (Post 49696678)
Ketchup Chips sound ... not good.

I know right!? They are actually pretty tasty though. I like them because I can only eat a few at a time unlike bar-b-q where I will polish off the whole bag!