The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Stinky people at work (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3178644)

low-key 09-27-2013 08:43 PM

Stinky people at work
 
do you tell them ?

no, I just make fun of them behind there back :thumbsup2

tennvalgirl 09-27-2013 09:10 PM

The ones who are doused in cologne/perfume I will make fun of. :)
The ones who just reek, I feel bad for them :worried:

Kim&Chris 09-27-2013 09:14 PM

I used to work with someone who had body odor so intense that it made me nauseous. The kind of BO that would linger long after she left an office or cubicle. As Jerry and Elaine used to say, "it was BBO".

I never said anything to her, nor did anyone else (to the best of my knowledge). Not even Human Resources.

Just thinking about it is turning my stomach, blech!!

low-key 09-27-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kim&Chris (Post 49686008)
The kind of BO that would linger long after she left an office or cubicle. A!


:eek:

minnie mum 09-27-2013 09:18 PM

Fortunately I worked in a fragrance free workplace, so the overwhelming, choking stench of too much cheap perfume wasn't an issue.

I did work with one person who seemed to have a personal hygiene issue. I didn't speak to her directly, since I had to work with her every day. But I did have a private word with my immediate supervisor who in turn spoke to her discretely and privately. The problem was resolved.

klmall 09-27-2013 09:36 PM

Never encountered truly bad body odor at work but I had to supervise a young worker who insisted that he had to wear so much heavy cologne because his car leaked oil or something and stunk up his car and clothes :scratchin His cologne aggravated two people with asthma.

Even after speaking with him privately several times he did not stop. We had to involve Human Resources to speak with him.

Wish I worked in a fragrance-free situation; stepping into elevators after someone has overdosed on perfume drives me nuts!

Disneylover99 09-27-2013 09:38 PM

I could never tell them....

But when your body odor is that bad, can't you smell it off yourself?? :confused3

tennvalgirl 09-27-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disneylover99 (Post 49686218)
I could never tell them....

But when your body odor is that bad, can't you smell it off yourself?? :confused3

I really think that some people just can't.

low-key 09-27-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disneylover99 (Post 49686218)
I could never tell them....

But when your body odor is that bad, can't you smell it off yourself?? :confused3

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennvalgirl (Post 49686229)
I really think that some people just can't.


its one of the great mysteries of the world

Pakey 09-27-2013 09:43 PM

One of my favorite management memories is when an employee came to me to complain that the woman she shared an office with was constantly farting.

tennvalgirl 09-27-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pakey (Post 49686241)
One of my favorite management memories is when an employee came to me to complain that the woman she shared an office with was constantly farting.

Lol. I hope in that situation I could be professional but *SNORT* that's funny stuff

Annadesu 09-27-2013 09:53 PM

I work with a few gentlemen who should consider bathing more. People have mentioned it, but they always have an excuse ready. :lmao:

ilovepcot 09-27-2013 10:01 PM

A close friend of mine worked with a woman in an office setting who had such horrible body odor that the entire department (roughly a dozen people) went to HR and insisted they do something about it. HR attempted to "handle" the situation. The woman refused to try and remedy the problem and hired an attorney to represent her against her employer. She used the reasons that she could find no deodorant that didn't irritate her skin to the point of having to seek medical attention. She also claimed all hypo-allergenic soaps also caused irritation and that she was unable to bathe on a regular basis. The other office workers were aware that she refused to wash her hands after trips to the bathroom, yet she returned to the office and handled machinery that was shared by all. She had been given gift baskets at holiday time from co-workers that included soaps, lotions, powder, body splash...all types of products to make one smell nice. She also claimed this had insulted and embarrassed her and used this in her law suit. She won!

low-key 09-27-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovepcot (Post 49686373)
A close friend of mine worked with a woman in an office setting who had such horrible body odor that the entire department (roughly a dozen people) went to HR and insisted they do something about it. HR attempted to "handle" the situation. The woman refused to try and remedy the problem and hired an attorney to represent her against her employer. She used the reasons that she could find no deodorant that didn't irritate her skin to the point of having to seek medical attention. She also claimed all hypo-allergenic soaps also caused irritation and that she was unable to bathe on a regular basis. The other office workers were aware that she refused to wash her hands after trips to the bathroom, yet she returned to the office and handled machinery that was shared by all. She had been given gift baskets at holiday time from co-workers that included soaps, lotions, powder, body splash...all types of products to make one smell nice. She also claimed this had insulted and embarrassed her and used this in her law suit. She won!

ahhhh a victory for the stanky people :rotfl:

disykat 09-28-2013 12:03 AM

I recently started a new job and there are several stinky people there - the choosing to be stinky with perfume overload kind of stinky. I'm able to avoid them for the most, but if I had to be with them I'd have to say something.

Odors at work are tough. I have a good friend who just had a medical procedure done and, because of it, has a definite odor. The doctor told her it might last a few weeks!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.