The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   What's Your Disneyworld Pet Peeve? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3178438)

MIGrandma 09-27-2013 11:28 AM

What's Your Disneyworld Pet Peeve?

You know we all have at least one, or more. So, what's yours?

Mine is foreign people (people from other countries, nationalities, whatever is the politically correct way of saying it ;)) not shutting up during attractions that you need to be listening to. Carousel of Progress has always been my favorite Disney attraction, and this time I took my adult DD with me who had never been to Disney before so it was her first time to experience this attraction.

We had a family (4 adults/3 children) speaking Spanish the entire time directly behind us. :( They were not quiet about it either. Everyone else was being quiet, except for a child now and then but that is to be expected.

Now, I don't know if they could not speak English, but please...if you don't understand the English language and you still go into an attraction where people would want to be listening to it, please for the love of all that's holy...shut up!!! :)

LJSquishy 09-27-2013 11:32 AM

-Flash photography on rides
-Talking on rides
-Adults who intentionally cut in line
-Disney Resort prices
-Rides that speak in both English AND Spanish (This is America)

Janepod 09-27-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIGrandma (Post 49681491)
You know we all have at least one, or more. So, what's yours?

Mine is foreign people (people from other countries, nationalities, whatever is the politically correct way of saying it ;)) not shutting up during attractions that you need to be listening to. Carousel of Progress has always been my favorite Disney attraction, and this time I took my adult DD with me who had never been to Disney before so it was her first time to experience this attraction.

We had a family (4 adults/3 children) speaking Spanish the entire time directly behind us. :( They were not quiet about it either. Everyone else was being quiet, except for a child now and then but that is to be expected.

Now, I don't know if they could not speak English, but please...if you don't understand the English language and you still go into an attraction where people would want to be listening to it, please for the love of all that's holy...shut up!!! :)

"Foreign people" are not the only people who speak during attractions.

EMom 09-27-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janepod (Post 49681612)
"Foreign people" are not the only people who speak during attractions.

No, but they were the ones in this case who yakked during the attraction. To point it out is not prejudice, just a fact.

I have been on many tours in other countries where not a word of English was spoken and I understood precious little. I kept my mouth shut, listened in case I could catch a word or two, watched the scenery and let others who could understand have their time to enjoy the experience.

ilovemk76 09-27-2013 11:51 AM

The entitlement mentality of the guests.

Sorsha 09-27-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LJSquishy (Post 49681532)
-Rides that speak in both English AND Spanish (This is America)

Oh for the love of Pete. We get visitors for other countries - heaven forbid. And they might need to know the safety regulations - oh the horror.
"That's right, you fell out of the ride because you didn't realize how to keep yourself safe. WELL TOO BAD FOR YOU! If you had just learned the entirety of the English language before your vacation, this wouldn't have happened, now would it... quit whining, it's just an arm, you have another."

Ok, Pet Peeves.

1. The HUGENESS of the resorts. If you should happen to get a room out in the north 40 somewhere it will take you 45 minutes to hike to breakfast or the bus stop. I love the theming but for how much it costs, they ought to drive around with those little luggage carts giving rides to the food court. ;)
2. Parents who can be heard in the parks yelling at and berating their exhausted, sun-burned little kids... "I don't care if your feet hurt! I paid 10,000 for this vacation, and you WILL HAVE FUN!"
3. Mandatory gratuity. How much I tip is my business.
4. When I have carefully picked out my spot for parade/fireworks viewing and held it down for an hour beforehand, and then someone shows up 5 minutes before and stands directly in front of me.
5. At park closing time, waiting for a bus to YOUR resort, only to have buses for every other resort on property show up before yours. By that time the line is so long 3 buses are required.

I am sure there are more...
But I still love it. :)

EMom 09-27-2013 11:59 AM

The OP's post reminds me of the time we were watching Wishes and a French family stood behind us. You have to imagine a LOUD, heavy French accent saying in loooooooong drawn out fashion, "OH.......MY.......GOD!!!!!!" And she said it every five seconds. With every single flash of fireworks, we heard, "OH.....MY........GOD!!!!!" It was really getting on my nerves, as it was right in my ear.

Eventually, I started saying in an equally drawn out, dramatic fashion, "OH........MON........DIEU!!!! OH.......MON......DIEU!!!! OH........MON.......DIEU!!!!" DH was :lmao:. She got the hint and stopped with the OMG!!!!!

jrmasm 09-27-2013 12:00 PM

When you're waiting for a parade to start and ding dongs sitting near you start throwing popcorn to feed the birds. :headache: And children that swing on line ropes.

Tinkermommy 09-27-2013 12:04 PM

That WDW is too far away!

LSmith 09-27-2013 12:05 PM

I was on Pirates once when a group of New Yorkers, "foreigners" to me, wouldn't shut up the entire time.

Those annoying foreigners! ;)

Every group of people has the potential to be loud.

souris 09-27-2013 12:07 PM

People who complain about things that don't really matter.... Or what my DH likes to call "first world problems". I count my blessings everyday.. I have a beautiful family, we have a home, can bring my family on vacation and I'm slowly winning my battle against cancer. I find it sad when people don't take the time to see the beauty around them and appreciate the time they have with their loved ones! I think the key is to respect one another and appreciate what we have :).

Conservative Hippie 09-27-2013 12:11 PM

People who think their money is worth more than anyone else's.

People who think they should get more in-park perks for staying on-site.

People who think they should get more in-park perks for staying at a deluxe rather than a value.

People who will nudge their way to stand directly in front of small children at parades.

People who will let the tiniest thing "spoil their magic."

"Brazilians." ("Brazilians" don't always come from Brazil, and not all people from Brazil are "Brazilians.")

People wearing wildly inappropriate clothing for a family environment.

Sent from me.

grassmower 09-27-2013 12:11 PM

biggest pet peeve is how freakin expensive Disney has become!

msjprincess 09-27-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMom (Post 49681673)
No, but they were the ones in this case who yakked during the attraction. To point it out is not prejudice, just a fact.

I have been on many tours in other countries where not a word of English was spoken and I understood precious little. I kept my mouth shut, listened in case I could catch a word or two, watched the scenery and let others who could understand have their time to enjoy the experience.

Then why not just say

"people not shutting up during attractions that you need to be listening to."

If they were blonde Americans talking who she have said " blonde people not shutting up during attractions that you need to be listening to."?

I somehow doubt it

KristaTX 09-27-2013 12:12 PM

From guests? People who talk during shows/fireworks, especially if they are talking on their cell phones. And also humongous strollers bug the heck out of me.

From Disney? The bus service. It's gotten awful, and I didn't ride a single bus on our September trip because of it. We drove, walked, or took the monorail. The rental car is worth every penny, and I never would have said that ten years ago.

There's no good excuse I can think of for Disney to not have improved the bus service and how buses are called out to the parks or resorts. We had seven Animal Kingdom buses and several DTD/TL buses come to our resort bus stop one day in June before a single Magic Kingdom bus ever came. Part of the billion they just spent on Fastpass+ etc. can surely go to fix the bus call-out issues.