The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Difference in ocean view cabins (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3174354)

ckelly14 09-18-2013 11:19 AM

Difference in ocean view cabins

Considering a Disney cruise to Europe in 2015. Obviously, it's still unknown what will be offered in 2 years, but I'm hoping the newly renovated Magic is in Europe once again.

Considering the various room types, I'm thinking 2 connecting Ocean View cabins (cat 9)will be the same price (or cheaper) than one Family Oceanview cabin with Veranda. I noticed that Categories 9A is also substantially more expensive than 9B-D on the lower levels (about $2,100 more than 9A for 2 staterooms). Is 9A worth it?

Any comments would be appreciated.

mom4fun 09-18-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckelly14 (Post 49598549)
Considering a Disney cruise to Europe in 2015. Obviously, it's still unknown what will be offered in 2 years, but I'm hoping the newly renovated Magic is in Europe once again.

Considering the various room types, I'm thinking 2 connecting Ocean View cabins (cat 9)will be the same price (or cheaper) than one Family Oceanview cabin with Veranda. I noticed that Categories 9A is also substantially more expensive than 9B-D on the lower levels (about $2,100 more than 9A for 2 staterooms). Is 9A worth it?

Any comments would be appreciated.

The windows in 9a,b and c are the same. 9d has two smaller windows but the room sizes are all the same.

ckelly14 09-18-2013 01:54 PM

Thanks. I did understand about the windows.

I guess I was curious if anyone thought a cat 9 on deck 5-7 is worth significantly more (in my case, $2000 more) then a cat 9 on deck 2.

My answer is a big NO but just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something....

jrabbit 09-18-2013 08:03 PM

We are Cat 9 Deck 2 dwellers (at least 9 of our cruises). I LOVE Deck 2 - we always are midship starboard side. Love the large porthole and "close" to the water. enjoy sitting in the room looking at the wave roll by (but I don't spend a lot of time in the room).

Especially on the Classic Ships ... Deck 2 is ...
... easy stairclimbing when returning from ports - only 1 flight up and no waiting for elevators.
... only one flight up to Lumier's/Triton's and Parrot Cay/Carioca's
... only 2 flights up to Animators
... only 2 flights up to the WD Theater. Easy access to the room to change cloths if needed before the late night activities
... Only 1 flight up to the entertainment district (Route 66 / Beat Street / After Hours)
All of these we use the long corridor on deck 2 to walk to forward, mid, aft and "pop up" to where we are heading. No fighting crowds.

Additionally, we take the stairs everywhere all the time (except to Palo). Chant with me now as we climb the stairs to deck 10 ... "get to eat more deserts, get to eat more deserts..."

But I don't want to oversell deck 2, there are drawbacks to it - the veranda people will look down upon you for staying in steerage ;) Well very few do.

disneylove69 09-18-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrabbit
We are Cat 9 Deck 2 dwellers (at least 9 of our cruises). I LOVE Deck 2 - we always are midship starboard side. Love the large porthole and "close" to the water. enjoy sitting in the room looking at the wave roll by (but I don't spend a lot of time in the room).

Especially on the Classic Ships ... Deck 2 is ...
... easy stairclimbing when returning from ports - only 1 flight up and no waiting for elevators.
... only one flight up to Lumier's/Triton's and Parrot Cay/Carioca's
... only 2 flights up to Animators
... only 2 flights up to the WD Theater. Easy access to the room to change cloths if needed before the late night activities
... Only 1 flight up to the entertainment district (Route 66 / Beat Street / After Hours)
All of these we use the long corridor on deck 2 to walk to forward, mid, aft and "pop up" to where we are heading. No fighting crowds.

Additionally, we take the stairs everywhere all the time (except to Palo). Chant with me now as we climb the stairs to deck 10 ... "get to eat more deserts, get to eat more deserts..."

But I don't want to oversell deck 2, there are drawbacks to it - the veranda people will look down upon you for staying in steerage ;) Well very few do.

Good to know. Just got upgraded to 9c deck 2.

PrincessShmoo 09-18-2013 08:28 PM

All of our cruises on the Magic & Wonder were in 9B or 9C, deck 2. We love the location.

PrincessTrisha 09-18-2013 08:47 PM

low and in the middle has the least motion. Deck 2 can be the calmest on the ship.

ckelly14 09-19-2013 05:23 AM

Great information, Thanks!
jrabbit: Any other negatives?

jrabbit 09-19-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckelly14 (Post 49605421)
Great information, Thanks!
jrabbit: Any other negatives?

I'd love to come up with more negatives - helps reduce "demand" and keeps the prices low for me ;);)

We actually got upgraded once to a Handicap accessible room on the Magic - don't recall which deck. Was a huge room (heck the bathroom was about the size of a normal stateroom), a very large veranda, and I missed my deck 2 room. REALLY!