The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disneyland (California) (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Who wants to be a podcaster? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172930)

ImTooExcitedToSleep 09-15-2013 11:56 AM

Who wants to be a podcaster?

Do you have what it takes to be a Disneyland podcaster?

I'm looking for contributors for the DIS Unplugged: Disneyland Edition podcast. This could be a one segment type of thing...or something more.

Things I'm looking for:
Someone who is well spoken.
Someone who visits the Parks several times a month.
Someone who is passionate about Disneyland.
Someone who may represent a different "demographic" from the existing DIS Unplugged podcasters.
Someone who is available Sunday evenings (7pm-???).

I'll add more thoughts later, but that's at least a start.

If you'd like to chat about possibly being a part of The DIS team, DON'T REPLY HERE....instead, email me directly at tom@wdwinfo.com.

ImTooExcitedToSleep 09-16-2013 02:25 PM

Oh, and you have to like Fantasmic better than World of Color....kidding.....kinda. :rotfl2:

Mary Jo 09-16-2013 05:31 PM

Tom!!

You're stacking the deck for Tony's March Madness segment!

ImTooExcitedToSleep 09-17-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Jo (Post 49583226)
Tom!!

You're stacking the deck for Tony's March Madness segment!

You've figured out my evil plan. :stir:

3Minnies1Mickey 09-17-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImTooExcitedToSleep (Post 49581522)
Oh, and you have to like Fantasmic better than World of Color....kidding.....kinda. :rotfl2:

If I lived closer to DL I'd be your girl!

ImTooExcitedToSleep 09-21-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3Minnies1Mickey (Post 49590702)
If I lived closer to DL I'd be your girl!

I don't live close and I'm still at DL twice a month. :lmao:

3Minnies1Mickey 09-21-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImTooExcitedToSleep (Post 49626442)
I don't live close and I'm still at DL twice a month. :lmao:

I wish! But these pesky kids think I need to take them with me to DL too! Oh and that pesky nursing school commitment.

Eddygirl 09-22-2013 01:39 AM

Can I nominate someone??

I think this would be a good fit for "Tayalltheway' on the trip reports board. He is so enthusiastic about everything Disney. Heck, he and his wife moved across country to live close to DL!! From what I have read they have an annual pass and spend as much time in the parks as possible. If he speaks half as well as he writes this would be a no brainier for you!

I have enjoyed all his trip reports and am really enjoying his most current one, "We moved to Disneyland, Now what?"

Geez, I totally feel like a weirdo stalker now! lol!!!

ImTooExcitedToSleep 09-22-2013 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddygirl (Post 49631709)

:rotfl2:

Gisele 09-22-2013 02:19 AM

Is this a paid position?

Delilah1310 09-22-2013 09:16 AM

I would love to throw my hat in the ring, but only get there once or twice a year.

But I wanted to leave a comment about how much I LOVE the podcast - you guys are amazing - love the banter, love the information, love the updates! I'd never be able to get on the treadmill every morning at 5 am if I didn't have you guys to look forward to. When I run out, I download old episodes on seasonal events or things I'd like to learn more about.

Thank you for all that you do!
Im sure i speak for others when I say we appreciate it more than you will ever know!

Mary Jo 09-22-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gisele (Post 49631818)
Is this a paid position?

Gisele, no it isn't. There are a few perks (mostly our experiences, our camaraderie, and the friendships we make), but we aren't paid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delilah1310 (Post 49633128)
I would love to throw my hat in the ring, but only get there once or twice a year.

But I wanted to leave a comment about how much I LOVE the podcast - you guys are amazing - love the banter, love the information, love the updates! I'd never be able to get on the treadmill every morning at 5 am if I didn't have you guys to look forward to. When I run out, I download old episodes on seasonal events or things I'd like to learn more about.

Thank you for all that you do!
Im sure i speak for others when I say we appreciate it more than you will ever know!

That is so nice. Thank you. :goodvibes

dizneefan13 09-22-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddygirl (Post 49631709)
Can I nominate someone??

I think this would be a good fit for "Tayalltheway' on the trip reports board. He is so enthusiastic about everything Disney. Heck, he and his wife moved across country to live close to DL!! From what I have read they have an annual pass and spend as much time in the parks as possible. If he speaks half as well as he writes this would be a no brainier for you!

I have enjoyed all his trip reports and am really enjoying his most current one, "We moved to Disneyland, Now what?"

I second this nomination! Taylor and Tracy are fun, smart, and love Disneyland so much they moved there to be able to visit the parks whenever they want. Taylor's trip reports are fun and keep a lot of us waiting (im)patiently for his next report!

DisneytheKid 09-22-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizneefan13 (Post 49633504)
I second this nomination! Taylor and Tracy are fun, smart, and love Disneyland so much they moved there to be able to visit the parks whenever they want. Taylor's trip reports are fun and keep a lot of us waiting (im)patiently for his next report!

I'm behind Tayalltheway as well. Would make an excellent addition

Sherry E 09-22-2013 10:42 AM

Taylor/tayalltheway has already been suggested (by me!). Is Taylor even interested? I think that the people who are actually interested in doing this should contact Tom at his email address, as he requested in his first post (in which it states "DON'T REPLY HERE").:goodvibes