The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   May or October (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172863)

jlm196 09-15-2013 10:50 AM

May or October

Trying to decide if we should go in early May or Late October?

I have been there at both times and prefer May. But we have 2 boys (5 & 7) who would love MNSSHP and we love the food and wine festival.

We had a bad experience last time we traveled In October. Tropical storm- it rained for 48+ hours. It was trying to say the least! So, it is hard to risk having that kind of weather again. I realize it can rain at any time but obviously the fall is more prone to that type of weather.

Need help deciding....

mickeynut1 09-15-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlm196 (Post 49570646)
Trying to decide if we should go in early May or Late October?

I have been there at both times and prefer May. But we have 2 boys (5 & 7) who would love MNSSHP and we love the food and wine festival.

We had a bad experience last time we traveled In October. Tropical storm- it rained for 48+ hours. It was trying to say the least! So, it is hard to risk having that kind of weather again. I realize it can rain at any time but obviously the fall is more prone to that type of weather.

Need help deciding....

I would go in October so your boys can go to MNSSHP. We've been to the Halloween party 3 times and it's great. We had just as much fun the 3rd time as we did the 1st time. I think your boys would love it. Our first fall trip was the very end of October through the first week of November (checked in 10/30) and the weather was great. It was sunny and in the mid 80s the whole week with no humidity and we didn't see one drop of rain the entire time. We have also been (twice) at the very end of September through the first week of October and we didn't experience a lot of rain on either of those trips.

Dis703 09-15-2013 02:18 PM

I prefer early May, but MNSSHP would be really cool to do someday. Tough choice. Weather is a pretty big deciding factor for us and April/May has always been great. Crowds early May are pretty good too.

This year they had a lot of extra food stands during the Flower and Garden Festival which while not quite F&W gives a little taste of it.

darkwing818 09-15-2013 02:23 PM

We've gone both times, each are good. But push come to shove, It would be October. Love the F&WF. ::yes::

Karabee 09-15-2013 03:11 PM

I love going in the fall so much. The decorations and weather can't be beat! That being said, I've been once in May and possibly looking into this coming May since its such a beautiful time. If you do go in May just carefully review any events happening then - graduation nights, senior trips, etc.

spiceycat 09-15-2013 03:15 PM

spring can have it rain outs too.

once in May it rained every day - okay like the summer - it rained generally in the afternoon and was gone in the evening.

don't ever let rain stop you - unless it has thunder w/it - then stay inside.

florida has more lightening than the other states.

next year going in May - last year went in Oct - so trade out each year -

DevonsDisneyMom 09-15-2013 03:20 PM

Two of my most favorite times of year to go! The fall has the edge over the spring slightly! Love MNSSHP! Heading back in May next year. Wish we could go in October, but unfortunately with my DS football schedule it's not an option for us anymore!