The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Rumors and News (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Glow with the Show coming to Walt Disney World (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3170212)

SkaGoat 09-09-2013 04:35 PM

Glow with the Show coming to Walt Disney World
 
Glow with the Show will debut at Walt Disney World October 15th.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...ort-this-fall/

Spacedog1975 09-09-2013 05:29 PM

Awesome.
Interacting with Osborne. I wonder if that means Osborne should remain next year?

Planogirl 09-09-2013 07:40 PM

I wonder what these will cost?

pixi3ness 09-09-2013 07:47 PM

Can I just say....I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS!? I've watched numerous videos on DL's World of Color with the Glow with the Show ears and have been so jealous.

I believe the ears are $25 at DL.

101disneyfan 09-09-2013 07:54 PM

Or if it means that the rumors of Osbourne moving over to the World Showcase have some credibility. Maybe they'll use this year to test it, plus that would be great marketing and promotion of "Last Year at Hollywood Studios, plus added interactivity!"

BabyMine2 09-09-2013 09:18 PM

Will these new ears "glow" at home or at the park only? I think I could see the cost being worth it if they glow at home too. If not, then although neat I think the price is too high.

RejoyceoverDisney 09-09-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BabyMine2 (Post 49522380)
Will these new ears "glow" at home or at the park only? I think I could see the cost being worth it if they glow at home too. If not, then although neat I think the price is too high.

I'm questioning the same. I am so wanting these but if they only glow during the shows and don't have any function outside of, not sure if I will get them.
But sooooooo love the idea. Watched a video and it was so cool.

sunfun94 09-09-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BabyMine2 (Post 49522380)
Will these new ears "glow" at home or at the park only? I think I could see the cost being worth it if they glow at home too. If not, then although neat I think the price is too high.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney (Post 49523084)
I'm questioning the same. I am so wanting these but if they only glow during the shows and don't have any function outside of, not sure if I will get them.
But sooooooo love the idea. Watched a video and it was so cool.

The DLR ones glow at home as well... it is amazing to see them in action at WOC!!

ETA: what I am wondering is if they will be on sale before Oct 15th?? Of course they decide to debut them the day we are leaving!! :/

PoohsFan1 09-09-2013 11:42 PM

We were in DLR this past June and bought each of our girls the glow with the show ears (I think they were right around the $25 range) and they loved them. I wonder if the ones from DLR would work in WDW? Unfortunately we will already be home by the time this rolls out, but it will be great to know for our next trip in 2014.

sunfun94 09-09-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoohsFan1 (Post 49523374)
I wonder if the ones from DLR would work in WDW? Unfortunately we will already be home by the time this rolls out, but it will be great to know for our next trip in 2014.

According to the article, they will work for both parks...:thumbsup2

BwoZoo22 09-10-2013 01:12 AM

So, if you are playing your Disney Parks music CD at home they would reenact the light show?! :rotfl2: How cool would that be!

neodymm 09-10-2013 01:59 AM

This is awesome! We will be at DHS on the 15th when they debut. I hope they have enough and don't sell out! Is there a way to preorder them before the trip?

frankieeyre 09-10-2013 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 (Post 49523662)
So, if you are playing your Disney Parks music CD at home they would reenact the light show?! :rotfl2: How cool would that be!

AHH I wish this would happen! I would literally sit there all day!

newdeal 09-10-2013 07:40 AM

awesome now I can have a radio sitting on my head so that my hat can talk to disneys computer. Prepare for some electromagnetic waves brain, they are coming your way!

FlightlessDuck 09-10-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newdeal (Post 49524411)
awesome now I can have a radio sitting on my head so that my hat can talk to disneys computer. Prepare for some electromagnetic waves brain, they are coming your way!

Line it with tin foil, you'll be fine.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.