The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Fight boarding bus back to AoA at MK closing last night. (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3169966)

wbutter 09-09-2013 10:04 AM

Fight boarding bus back to AoA at MK closing last night.

Did anyone else witness this? A man and a woman riding ECVs almost started a fistfight over who was next for the bus. They were swearing back and forth for about 10 minutes and the bus driver had to keep them separated. Then security had to come and they detained the whole bus while a couple hundred people were waiting at 12:45 to get back to the resort. Felt bad for the busdriver and anyone in line who had to witness this. Life is not always fair, sometimes you have to be the bigger person and let things go. Worst display I've ever seen at Disney.

TDC Nala 09-09-2013 10:07 AM

I believe it happens more than one would think....people are tired and all they want is to get back to their resort and they'll squash anyone in their way.

Reminds me of the guy who took a swing at the bus driver because he was told he'd have to fold his stroller and he wouldn't be let onto the bus first just because he had a baby. He got arrested. The bus driver was about 3 times his size, too, so what was he thinking?

kandb 09-09-2013 01:35 PM

This is one reason we don't stay late for the fireworks or stay near park closing. I can barely handle the crowds earlier, no way at closing.

klwdisney 09-09-2013 01:40 PM

A couple years ago we were standing with the masses watching Wishes when 2 mothers got into a shoving match when a family complained when another family put a small child on her father's shoulders. The first family complained that no one can see and it stayed verbal til the mothers started shoving each other. It was unbelievable and they ALL missed the show because of it and it ruined the "magic" for everyone around them. Grow up people!! *sigh*

EMILAYLAY93 09-09-2013 01:53 PM

I think it's not good when parents are trying to teach their children to be respectful and the adults can't even act that way. It's a shame others had to witness.

I am so glad most guests do not act that way.

Jellybass 09-09-2013 02:40 PM

Two kids (18 or so) almost started a fight with each other when I interjected. They were swearing for all the little kids around to hear, including mine, and I politley (as best as I could) convinced them not to act like idiots. But that is all I have ever seen at Disney, honestly I see people going out of their way to be nice.

wbutter 09-09-2013 05:05 PM

This was the first time I saw anything like that at Disney. Glad it isn't a regular occurrence, just made me sad. I'm glad that 99% of the people I meet are so nice and respectful to everyone.

ArwenMarie 09-09-2013 05:09 PM

That's too bad.

Hisgirl 09-09-2013 05:30 PM

A fight after midnight? After spending all day at the park?

Good grief...who would have the ENERGY to pick a fight?? :faint:

I wonder if fights and insults are more so in the hot summer months when people are melting from the heat?

Such a shame...

eliza61 09-09-2013 05:35 PM

We witnessed a fight last April leaving MK after wishes. what was wild about it was the guys fighting, one had a kid on his shoulders and the other has a kid strapped on his back.

Man o' man, my dh would have hell to pay if he got into a fight with my kid on his back!!! No way would he have been sleeping in the same room.

I don't get it, whenever I step onto Main street I almost here angels singing. what could you possible get mad over?

POOHsie 09-09-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eliza61 (Post 49520379)
I don't get it, whenever I step onto Main street I almost here angels singing. what could you possible get mad over?

Singing Angels are inside the MK gates. At the Bus Stops, not so much.

Grammy4Lizzy 09-09-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hisgirl (Post 49520334)
A fight after midnight? After spending all day at the park?

Good grief...who would have the ENERGY to pick a fight?? :faint:

I wonder if fights and insults are more so in the hot summer months when people are melting from the heat?

Such a shame...

They were on ecv's.

HubbDave 09-09-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POOHsie (Post 49521127)

Singing Angels are inside the MK gates. At the Bus Stops, not so much.

They should pipe in angel music at the bus stops

Sheilby 09-09-2013 09:01 PM

I can't imagine getting into a fight about getting on a bus espically if I already had a nice comfortable seat on and EVC for goodness sake. However, if you are standing in front of me and you put your kid on your shoulders for wishes, I will take you down. Just fair warning to anyone standing in front of a really short 40 year old woman with 3 blond boys with her and a NJ accent, DON'T put your kids on your shoulders ;)

Disneylover99 09-09-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eliza61 (Post 49520379)

Man o' man, my dh would have hell to pay if he got into a fight with my kid on his back!!!

At least your kid wouldn't actually be witnessing the fight. :rotfl2: