The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Any guests arriving November 1 to 30 receive FP+ testing invites? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3164243)

Doug7856 08-27-2013 08:31 PM

Any guests arriving November 1 to 30 receive FP+ testing invites?

OK, I didn't see a November roll call, so I thought I'd start one. Anyone with a November trip have the ability to order MagicBands and schedule FastPass+? We are still about 20 days out from being able to check in. We are going late November and are hoping for FastPass+. We will be at SSR.

Who else is going in November and hoping to have MagicBands?

BwoZoo22 08-27-2013 08:38 PM

I want one!

About 5 days from online check in. Based on other comments, I don't think the MB invite will appear in your MDE until mid October, if you are at one of the test resorts. I'm really hoping WL will be testing in November!:worship:

sjs314 08-27-2013 08:47 PM

We are 68 days out and something popped up on MDE today but since we don't have our park tickets yet I couldn't do anything as it was telling me to link our tickets :confused3

Sheilby 08-27-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug7856 (Post 49406632)
OK, I didn't see a November roll call, so I thought I'd start one. Anyone with a November trip have the ability to order MagicBands and schedule FastPass+? We are still about 20 days out from being able to check in. We are going late November and are hoping for FastPass+. We will be at SSR.

Who else is going in November and hoping to have MagicBands?

We are going in November 13th to OKW. I had to call Disney about something else today and the CM asked me if I knew all about the new technology coming out. I told her yes and that I was hoping to get a Magic Band and be able to use FP+ and that I was hoping it would hit OKW by then. She may have just been blowing smoke up my butt but she said I have a good shot by November. Hopefully she actually was in the know that OKW would be included by then, although I suspect she may have just been trying to make me happy.

Can you do online check in before you finish paying off your trip?

crazycatlady 08-27-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 (Post 49406718)
About 5 days from online check in. Based on other comments, I don't think the MB invite will appear in your MDE until mid October, if you are at one of the test resorts. I'm really hoping WL will be testing in November!:worship:

Also hoping for WL testing in November. :thumbsup2

travelin' tigger 08-28-2013 07:03 AM

OKW hopes

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheilby (Post 49407003)
We are going in November 13th to OKW. I had to call Disney about something else today and the CM asked me if I knew all about the new technology coming out. I told her yes and that I was hoping to get a Magic Band and be able to use FP+ and that I was hoping it would hit OKW by then. She may have just been blowing smoke up my butt but she said I have a good shot by November. Hopefully she actually was in the know that OKW would be included by then, although I suspect she may have just been trying to make me happy.

I hope it's true too! Staying at OKW starting Nov. 10 in 2 studios so that would be awesome!!!

FigmentChick 08-28-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheilby (Post 49407003)

Can you do online check in before you finish paying off your trip?

Quote:

Originally Posted by travelin' tigger (Post 49408938)
I hope it's true too! Staying at OKW starting Nov. 10 in 2 studios so that would be awesome!!!

I'm with both of you! :) Staying at OKW beginning 10/31 and leaving 11/09. And that's what I'm really worried about....

It seems to be rolling out by the month, but my dates overlap. Maybe I'll get lucky. Who knows? But, I am keeping my fingers crossed for all of us that would like to experience the FP+. (I finally convinced hubby it's a good thing....or at least has the potential to be a good thing).

Mommy2TwoMickeys 08-28-2013 07:59 AM

We checkin Nov.10 at the VGF!! So hoping to get a Magic Band and FP+ pixiedust:

KerriM 08-28-2013 08:36 AM

Checking in 10/31 at CSR and also wondering about those overlapping dates as it rolls out by month. Hoping they don't start it there with the Nov. 1 check-ins. :confused3

Fingers crossed that testing goes well into September and they add more of us in for mid to late October.

A little worried about perhaps not having FP+ and the availability of FP- for the rest of us, but hanging on to the notion that since it's the first trip for our family, whatever we can do will be a thrill.

circus4u 08-28-2013 08:42 AM

We received our magic bands for a September trip and made FP+ picks for September. We also have reservations for a November 12 trip, but FP+ picks are not yet available. I believe you cannot make the picks until 60 days prior.

Lorelei528 08-28-2013 11:58 AM

Do you have to do online check in to do the FP+?

jmrothermel 08-28-2013 12:20 PM

I too am hoping that it becomes available! We are at FWC from Nov 11th - Nov 19th. I'm thinking of doing a "ghost" reservation to get the bands if necessary. I have 5 little kids and it would be much simpler to strap their entrance tickets to their wrist instead of juggling cards and remembering whose is whose.

jlsmith376 08-28-2013 12:27 PM

Our trip begins November 1st and I am patiently waiting for "manage magic bands" to change to "customize magic bands" On MDE. We're doing a split stay at BLT/VGF/BCV. You would think one of them would be testing!

mggeary 08-28-2013 12:46 PM

Wl

I heard from a knowledgable FP+ IT CM that they are hoping to roll out even more resorts for October soon (in addition to those added recently up to 10/31) and again more for November. The rate limiting step is installing the resort room door entry devices. Many resorts such as CR rolled this process in with recent refurbs. Others have dragged their feet. The CM was not optimistic for WL for early Nov, but said to there was still a chance. Who knows if this info is accurate or not.

AmberHeartsDisney 08-28-2013 01:57 PM

6 days until we can do online check in so we'll find out soon!