The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Being thrown out of the Animal Kingdom for littering? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3163814)

old lady 08-26-2013 11:03 PM

Being thrown out of the Animal Kingdom for littering?

I heard they will thrown you out for littering in the Animal Lodge for dumping stuff on the savannah or at the park or teasing the animals and such even if you pay already? Is that true?

dansdad 08-26-2013 11:04 PM

That would be great if it's true.:thumbsup2

bethclayton 08-26-2013 11:08 PM

i sure hope so!

Sandy1892 08-27-2013 04:42 AM

If it isn't it should be

fla4fun 08-27-2013 05:13 AM

I believe any thing you do that could cause harm to to the animals (whether physical harm or psychological harm) could get you evicted from the resort, whether you've prepaid your room or not. They give you a lot of info when you check in about what is allowed and what isn't, and if you aren't the type of person who likes to be told what to do, then AKL might not be the best resort choice for you. I know a lot of people get upset about the no balloon rule (they will store it for you and give it back when you leave), but I totally understand why it's in place.

kapoof 08-27-2013 05:20 AM

I have read that there are cameras on the savannah rooms to see if anyone is throwing stuff to the animals. Disney really wants the animals to be as safe and as natural as possible. My friend was disappointed that you can't touch and pet the animals there, but I explained this isn't a petting zoo! Just look and watch and enjoy...

rickers353 08-27-2013 05:33 AM

Disney takes great pride in keeping the parks clean. This could not only hurt the animals, but the peolpe that would have to pick it up.

They also have the animals trained to go to certain areas to be fed, mainly in view of the guests at the park. This would upset that pattern too.

bluejasmine 08-27-2013 06:50 AM

Im sure the cameras aren't IN the Savannah rooms as that would be illegal they are probably on the outside and also pointed towards the rooms to insure the safety and well being of the animals which is the right thing to do..

OrangeCountyCommuter 08-27-2013 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old lady (Post 49398476)
I heard they will thrown you out for littering in the Animal Lodge for dumping stuff on the savannah or at the park or teasing the animals and such even if you pay already? Is that true?

Yep. If you do stupid stuff you get to leave.

Mousemommy1 08-27-2013 07:06 AM

I can't imagine how that would not be a rule. :confused3

dmccarty 08-27-2013 07:19 AM

There are cameras at AKL and AKV that watch the balconies. There are stickers on the balcony rails and I think on the sliding glass doors telling you about the cameras. You need to keep the blinds shut or you might be on CCTV. :rotfl:

I would expect that Disney security would pay a visit if people were throwing things off the balcony. I suspect most of securities room visits are for smoking on the balcony not for throwing things at animals. Last visit, at least one smoker was filling up the parking garage with smoke. It was unreal how bad it was down there and Disney did not notice for some reason. Given how bad the smoke was it had to be more than one person. If it was not a group of smokers, someone spent a fortune on cigarettes.

The savannahs are designed so that it is hard to throw items from the balconies that would land across the line of electric fence. You can see odd items on the ground that have obviously fallen from the balconies. Usually it is stuff a kid would be holding but that was dropped by accident. Most of the animals will not cross the electric fence, though we have seen one that did.

Later,
Dan

aaarcher86 08-27-2013 07:22 AM

Quote:

I certainly hope so.

I don't see why not, honestly. They can kick you out for many reasons not just at AKL - paid or not.

Tonka's Skipper 08-27-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

I hope so as well!......

AKK

I Love Pluto 08-27-2013 09:12 AM

Animals cannot clean up after humans who try to poison them with their trash. They can't hold the trash bags, and they can't hold the broom! :thumbsup2

tiger4me2 08-27-2013 09:19 AM

I agree with the others not only at AKL, AK but others resorts & parks as well. I am rather tired of people dropping their trash anywhere they are when there is a trash can is nearby.

Last time we stayed at the AKL you were not allowed to bring balloons in the resort or into room. Maybe they change this but was the back in 2008.