The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Sleepy Hollow for breakfast - Are the waffles worth it? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3163380)

DannyDisneyFreak 08-26-2013 06:14 AM

Sleepy Hollow for breakfast - Are the waffles worth it?
 
Thinking of doing EMH at the MK and catching a CS breakfast in the park. I've heard lots of good things about the waffles at Sleepy Hollow but is it worth it? Any better than the Mickey waffles you get anywhere else? And do they serve any other breakfast items? If you think SH isn't the best option for breakfast where would you recommend for a CS breakfast in MK?

TDC Nala 08-26-2013 09:51 AM

I can't tell if you are looking for Mickey waffles specifically, but the waffles at Sleepy Hollow are not Mickey waffles.

You can't use a CS on the dining plan at Sleepy Hollow. You can use a snack credit for a plain or cinnamon/sugar waffle. You can't use a snack credit for the waffle with strawberry sauce or any of the waffle sandwiches.

They don't serve any other breakfast items.

MouseMomx2 08-26-2013 10:30 AM

I'm not sure what you mean by "worth the walk" since you say you are planning on being in the MK anyway. Sleepy Hollow is located almost exactly in the center of the park so it isn't a long walk from anywhere.

As the PP said, the waffles are just standard waffles...not Mickeys. We really like the one with the fruit and Nutella for breakfast.

DannyDisneyFreak 08-26-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 (Post 49392212)
I'm not sure what you mean by "worth the walk" since you say you are planning on being in the MK anyway. Sleepy Hollow is located almost exactly in the center of the park so it isn't a long walk from anywhere.

As the PP said, the waffles are just standard waffles...not Mickeys. We really like the one with the fruit and Nutella for breakfast.

I didn't say anything about a walk, I just meant are they worth going there specifically for them. I didn't ask if they were Mickeys I wanted to know about the taste/quality, are they any better than food court Mickey waffles? I really love Nutella so I bet I would like them or the fruit. I was just trying to plan if we should go there or stop at the bakery for breakfast?

molliewalks 08-26-2013 11:17 AM

The waffles there are fantastic. The fruit nutella waffle is served only after 11am though. I thought that was weird since it's fruit, would make it on breakfast, but nope, not until lunch!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

MrsB1228 08-26-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molliewalks (Post 49392673)
The waffles there are fantastic. The fruit nutella waffle is served only after 11am though. I thought that was weird since it's fruit, would make it on breakfast, but nope, not until lunch!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

That's strange, they were served before 11am last year as hubby and I split one of those delicious creations for breakfast after MK rope drop. :confused:

MouseMomx2 08-26-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyDisneyFreak (Post 49392546)
I didn't say anything about a walk, I just meant are they worth going there specifically for them. I didn't ask if they were Mickeys I wanted to know about the taste/quality, are they any better than food court Mickey waffles? I really love Nutella so I bet I would like them or the fruit. I was just trying to plan if we should go there or stop at the bakery for breakfast?

The title of your post is "Sleepy Hollow for breakfast - Are the waffles worth the walk?"

MouseMomx2 08-26-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molliewalks (Post 49392673)
The waffles there are fantastic. The fruit nutella waffle is served only after 11am though. I thought that was weird since it's fruit, would make it on breakfast, but nope, not until lunch!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We have gotten them before 11 each time we have had them. We are usually there around 9:00/9:30.

katiee37 08-26-2013 12:41 PM

I am SO excited to try the Nutella waffle on my next trip! It may not be Mickey, but it's Nutella, a close second! :thumbsup2

molliewalks 08-26-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 (Post 49392960)

We have gotten them before 11 each time we have had them. We are usually there around 9:00/9:30.

We were there last week. On the menu it has it posted 'available after 11'. We asked and one of the cm's said the same. Maybe something new, something that's supposed to be but isn't unless you get the right cm? Who knows, i just know i had to wait till after 11 to get mine :( totally worth the wait!! I now make them at home, eating one now actually. Not as good, but great memories tied to it!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

minniesbiggiestfan 08-26-2013 12:52 PM

Can you get the waffles in the evening? I won't be able to have them (gluten free) but my family can. Ill just pop over and have a dole whip. Lol

MouseMomx2 08-26-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molliewalks (Post 49393470)
We were there last week. On the menu it has it posted 'available after 11'. We asked and one of the cm's said the same. Maybe something new, something that's supposed to be but isn't unless you get the right cm? Who knows, i just know i had to wait till after 11 to get mine :( totally worth the wait!! I now make them at home, eating one now actually. Not as good, but great memories tied to it!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

The more sandwich-type waffles (prosciutto, chicken, etc.) have always been available after 11 but the breakfast waffle and the fruit/Nutella versions are available earlier. This is the same menu that was there in July...
http://i1.disneyfoodblog.com/wp-cont...ollow-Menu.jpg
I hope nothing has changed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by minniesbiggiestfan (Post 49393536)
Can you get the waffles in the evening? I won't be able to have them (gluten free) but my family can. Ill just pop over and have a dole whip. Lol

I believe they are available until 5:00.

molliewalks 08-26-2013 01:39 PM

Oh no!! I totally read the menu wrong then!! Oops, sorry :( glad you cleared it up though!! Same menu, wonder why I was told couldn't get it till after 11?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DannyDisneyFreak 08-26-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 (Post 49392949)

The title of your post is "Sleepy Hollow for breakfast - Are the waffles worth the walk?"

Oops well just meant worth getting, not sure why I put walk???

crystaltink 08-26-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molliewalks (Post 49393953)
Oh no!! I totally read the menu wrong then!! Oops, sorry :( glad you cleared it up though!! Same menu, wonder why I was told couldn't get it till after 11?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Disney Dining iphone app shows the Nutella waffle being available after 11am as well. But, the app is in dire need of an update too. So happy that I can get the Nutella waffle for breakfast, great news!!! :cool1:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.