The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Options For 4 Adults (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3163144)

johnnyr 08-25-2013 04:48 PM

Options For 4 Adults

We used to be a family of 2 adults and 2 children. The time has passed so quickly with our children and we will soon be a family of 4 adults. We have always traveled together and there is no problem with the 4 of us sharing a hotel room. We are a very close family and plan on continuing to travel together to WDW for as long as we can. Will WDW allow 4 adults in a room? Two rooms are very expensive.

Sue M 08-25-2013 04:53 PM

Yes, but there will be an extra charge per adult after 2. The value resorts only have 2 doubles. The mods (except CBR)& deluxe resorts have 2 queens, -and some deluxe resorts also have a day bed.

abdgeek 08-25-2013 04:59 PM

You may want to check out the DVC resorts. I'm not sure if they charge extra for extra adults, but I don't think so. A studio can fit four adults, but two have to sleep on the sofa bed. The upside would be that you get a kitchenette. OKW studios have two queen beds and no couch.

DummbGiRL 08-25-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abdgeek
You may want to check out the DVC resorts. I'm not sure if they charge extra for extra adults, but I don't think so. A studio can fit four adults, but two have to sleep on the sofa bed. The upside would be that you get a kitchenette. OKW studios have two queen beds and no couch.

If you do check out DVC resorts, you should look into renting points from **********, David's, or other credited businesses that resell points... Definitely cheaper than renting directly with Disney. Also, for four adults OKW sounds like a great option of a resort as their rooms are generally the largest.

roomthreeseventeen 08-25-2013 05:06 PM

DVC or a Fort Wilderness Cabin, for sure.

abner1776 08-25-2013 06:55 PM

There is no extra charge for 4 adults in a DVC resort...the issue is one of comfort. Most DVC resorts have a studio which sleeps 4 but it will have a queen bed and a double sleep sofa which may or may not be an issue depending on your configuration of 4 adults.

Renting points from a DVC member is generally the cheapest way to stay at a deluxe resort.

Marthasor 08-25-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyr (Post 49385579)
We used to be a family of 2 adults and 2 children. The time has passed so quickly with our children and we will soon be a family of 4 adults. We have always traveled together and there is no problem with the 4 of us sharing a hotel room. We are a very close family and plan on continuing to travel together to WDW for as long as we can. Will WDW allow 4 adults in a room? Two rooms are very expensive.

Yes, you can fit 4 adults in any WDW room, family suite or villa.

I wouldn't recommend a DVC studio - I think you will be very uncomfortable. The most affordable accommodation would be a standard room at a value, but you would only have double beds. You may want to consider a mod to get two queen beds (except CBR - again double beds).

darkwing818 08-25-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abdgeek (Post 49385682)

OKW..... :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

mmdisneylover 08-25-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Ole or mod resort would work. Have fun.

mickeynut1 08-25-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Any resort will accommodate 4 in a standard room. As others have said, with 4 adults, you will be charged an extra adult fee per night for two of those adults. For the deluxe resorts the charge is $25/pp/night; for moderates it's $15/pp/night; for values it's $10/pp/night. The CR and Poly have the largest rooms of the deluxe resorts with all rooms at both resorts having a daybed. Most rooms at the GF have a daybed. A daybed would be a request at the BC and YC as not all rooms come with them. WL and AKL do not have daybeds.