The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   How do I...book CRT through DME using dine plan? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3163120)

kate2961 08-25-2013 03:26 PM

How do I...book CRT through DME using dine plan?

Help!

Is there a way to link the dining request to my resort ressie? Or is the only way to book a CRT reservation on dining plan (and not pay w/cc) through phone?

Hope this isn't a stupid question. :confused3

Thanks so much.

Kate:thumbsup2

abdgeek 08-25-2013 04:17 PM

Call 407-WDW-dine and make the reservation. You still have to put down a cc in case you don't show, but they won't charge it. They'll ask you if you are on the dining plan. Give them your reservation # and it should show up in DME.

Hopefully 08-25-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kate2961 (Post 49385381)
Help!

Is there a way to link the dining request to my resort ressie? Or is the only way to book a CRT reservation on dining plan (and not pay w/cc) through phone?

Hope this isn't a stupid question. :confused3

Thanks so much.

DME is Disney's Magical Express, the free bus transportation from Orlando airport to WDW resort. For a moment your question caught me off guard.
I think you want to ask about MDE, My Disney Experience, app. right?
If you are having trouble booking CRT, I would call.
MDE has been reported as being problematic for quite awhile.
Have Fun!

kate2961 08-25-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopefully (Post 49385923)
DME is Disney's Magical Express, the free bus transportation from Orlando airport to WDW resort. For a moment your question caught me off guard.
I think you want to ask about MDE, My Disney Experience, app. right?
If you are having trouble booking CRT, I would call.
MDE has been reported as being problematic for quite awhile.
Have Fun!

:rotfl:
Can't believe I did that. Thanks. Yes, I meant MDE.

Yeah, so when I book through MDE for CRT they want me to pay in full via credit card. But I have the dining plan and I don't want to do that. In the old system you could link the resort ressie with your dining plan to the ADR so that you only used the cc for a guarantee and not full payment.

I know I can still call, but I would like to be able to book online using the dining plan.

Thanks everyone for helping. :)

aaarcher86 08-25-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kate2961 (Post 49385973)
:rotfl:
Can't believe I did that. Thanks. Yes, I meant MDE.

Yeah, so when I book through MDE for CRT they want me to pay in full via credit card. But I have the dining plan and I don't want to do that. In the old system you could link the resort ressie with your dining plan to the ADR so that you only used the cc for a guarantee and not full payment.

I know I can still call, but I would like to be able to book online using the dining plan.

Thanks everyone for helping. :)

I had to call to do this one. Even though my DDP was linked it still wouldn't let me bypass paying in full.

Just a perk of the new system for now :rolleyes2

PoohsFan1 08-25-2013 09:08 PM

I made our reservation before purchasing the DDP (which of course I had to pay in full at the time of booking). Once I purchased the DDP, I just called Disney dining and they were able to add it to my DDP and then refunded the amount that I had already paid.