The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Dresses in the parks. (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3163112)

PrettyFlower2 08-25-2013 04:16 PM

Dresses in the parks.
 
Finally decided on wearing breathable lightweight summer dresses in the parks with flip flops. My question is what (if anything) should I wear under them? I feel like only elementary school girls wear shorts under their dresses..lol But I kind of like the idea of not flashing the person behind me in space mountain. What do the women that wear dresses do? (sorry if this is a silly question):sad2:

darnheather 08-25-2013 04:17 PM

To prevent thigh burn I always wear lightweight knit shorts under my dresses and skirts if I know I'm going to be walking that day.

Gorechick 08-25-2013 04:20 PM

I wore my regular bikini underwear last summer under skirts and dresses. How about the boy short type underwear? They offer a little fuller coverage.

grammimouse 08-25-2013 04:33 PM

I wear dresses EVERYday to the parks. :cool1: I just wear regular " undies " . My sun dresses are very lightweight and super comfy.They come down past my knees , so , there is not a worry of them going too far up. I have received so any compliments every time too . Wear whatever YOU feel most comfortable in --- the days are pretty long out there in those parks :rotfl2:

grammimouse 08-25-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darnheather (Post 49385301)
To prevent thigh burn I always wear lightweight knit shorts under my dresses and skirts if I know I'm going to be walking that day.

To prevent " thigh burn " there is a great product called Body Glide . It goes on like a stick deodorant . It is available at sporting goods stores for runners.

bluezy 08-25-2013 04:41 PM

My DS's GF wore dresses to the parks several times when we were there in June. She wore one of her (what seemed like endless supply of) bikinis under her dress every day.

damo 08-25-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grammimouse (Post 49385442)
I wear dresses EVERYday to the parks. :cool1: I just wear regular " undies " . My sun dresses are very lightweight and super comfy.They come down past my knees , so , there is not a worry of them going too far up. I have received so any compliments every time too . Wear whatever YOU feel most comfortable in --- the days are pretty long out there in those parks :rotfl2:

I do exactly the same. I don't recall any instance where I flashed anyone. My dresses aren't past my knees but they are close to my knees and I haven't felt a need to wear shorts under them.

o0quirkygirl0o 08-25-2013 04:56 PM

I always wear a pair of tight shorts or leggings under dresses. To be honest, it's because I'm not as aware of my legs as I should be and frequently sit down in unladylike positions without thinking. Or, I'm climbing in and out of something low and don't want to worry about accidental flashing. This way I know I'm covered.

These are the shorts I'm planning on wearing under my dresses on my upcomming trip: http://www.jockey.com/Catalog/Produc...mies-Slipshort

Princess Serendipity 08-25-2013 06:39 PM

I usually don't wear any shorts or anything under my dresses, but they are all like ankle length and I am so used to wearing them that it's not really a problem. I know how they behave and am used to tucking them tightly under me so the skirts don't fly up, how to sit in them, etc.

If your dresses are shorter and you feel like you need to wear something under them, how about a pair of cute little bloomers? They're dressier and girlier than bike shorts, and I've seen a bunch of pretty ones with lace trim and such on etsy.

AThrillingChase 08-25-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by o0quirkygirl0o (Post 49385658)
I always wear a pair of tight shorts or leggings under dresses. To be honest, it's because I'm not as aware of my legs as I should be and frequently sit down in unladylike positions without thinking. Or, I'm climbing in and out of something low and don't want to worry about accidental flashing. This way I know I'm covered.

These are the shorts I'm planning on wearing under my dresses on my upcomming trip: http://www.jockey.com/Catalog/Produc...mies-Slipshort

These ones are a good option. I wore almost exclusively dresses with shorts underneath. Mine were from victorias secrets VSX line that are seamless and shorter than the jockey pair because I wore shorter ish dresses. I suggest any sporting goods store. They sell seamless, breathable yoga shorts that are very thin, will not show through the dress and are comfy.

ShayBells 08-25-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrettyFlower2 (Post 49385289)
Finally decided on wearing breathable lightweight summer dresses in the parks with flip flops. My question is what (if anything) should I wear under them? I feel like only elementary school girls wear shorts under their dresses..lol But I kind of like the idea of not flashing the person behind me in space mountain. What do the women that wear dresses do? (sorry if this is a silly question):sad2:

I wear shorts under mine and I get ones with buttons on the back pocket so I can carry my cards with no worries of them falling out. I do this at home too. But I like the idea of spanks or short leggings as well.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

cobright 08-25-2013 06:51 PM

Just speaking as the average guy behind you in line for Space Mountain...

How bout you just go with whatever's comfortable. Don't worry about us, we're fine either way. In fact, don't feel pressured to wear anything under there at all. I can speak for most of the guys behind you in Space Mountain when I say, being flashed is not the end of the world, we're tough, we can take it.

Oh and by the way ... When you going?

ArielSparrow 08-25-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AThrillingChase

These ones are a good option. I wore almost exclusively dresses with shorts underneath. Mine were from victorias secrets VSX line that are seamless and shorter than the jockey pair because I wore shorter ish dresses. I suggest any sporting goods store. They sell seamless, breathable yoga shorts that are very thin, will not show through the dress and are comfy.

I wear bicycle shorts too (unless the dress is past my knees, but I probably will anyway at WDW). I get Danskin Now from Walmart, and they also sell the short ones too.

JennyDrake 08-25-2013 07:23 PM

I also wear dresses every day to the parks. _I_ wear Under Armor (body fitting) shorts underneath. They breathe nicely. I don't have to worry about chafing, etc., but I prefer to not risk being "exposed."

JennyDrake 08-25-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobright (Post 49386588)
Just speaking as the average guy behind you in line for Space Mountain...

How bout you just go with whatever's comfortable. Don't worry about us, we're fine either way. In fact, don't feel pressured to wear anything under there at all. I can speak for most of the guys behind you in Space Mountain when I say, being flashed is not the end of the world, we're tough, we can take it.

Oh and by the way ... When you going?

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.