The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Pop Century new menu (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3162834)

Terpgirl79 08-24-2013 09:49 PM

Pop Century new menu

Hi all! Haven't been to this resort in a couple years. I've read they've changed their menu up a bit. Does anyone have pics or comments on any of the food? A lot of it seems delicious just wondering what opinions are out there. Thanks

goofyintoronto 08-25-2013 01:01 AM

I will be at pop by noon today. I will post pics if I can. But I did see a thread about the food. If I find the link I will post that as well.

Terpgirl79 08-25-2013 09:54 AM

Thanks so much! Have a fantastic trip. I'll be tnere in about two and a half weeks.

jsebsirois 08-25-2013 10:11 AM

We'll also be at Pop soon (well, late October but still...) so thanks for asking that question!

Goofyintoronto : enjoy your trip fellow canadian!

Terpgirl79 08-25-2013 10:19 AM

I think all of us are Canadians lol! I don't notice till you mentioned the other poster was. Haven't heard much on how pple are enjoying the new menu and looking forward to reports.

The Great Oz 08-25-2013 05:21 PM

I always enjoy the Tilapia sandwich with pasta salad.

Eureka 08-25-2013 05:37 PM

We just got back. I have some pics not uploaded yet. Ate dinner one night and lunch one day. We were not impressed with the quality and I did not like the selection. There were a lot of things I thought were odd choices and not enough "regular" sandwiches etc. I remember liking the All Star Movies food court meals better. Will be reviewing a few things on my trip report soon.

OThopeful35 08-25-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eureka (Post 49386488)
We just got back. I have some pics not uploaded yet. Ate dinner one night and lunch one day. We were not impressed with the quality and I did not like the selection. There were a lot of things I thought were odd choices and not enough "regular" sandwiches etc. I remember liking the All Star Movies food court meals better. Will be reviewing a few things on my trip report soon.

I totally agree with you. We were at POP 7/31-8/2 and we were not impressed either. DS wanted the nachos until he learned they were made with potato chips. We only ate in the food court once. We walked over to AOA and ate there.

Terpgirl79 08-25-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eureka (Post 49386488)

That doesn't sound promising. Poop!!! Glad AofA is next door. Can't wait for your pics. Hope it gets better.

Terpgirl79 08-25-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OThopeful35 (Post 49387247)

I totally agree with you. We were at POP 7/31-8/2 and we were not impressed either. DS wanted the nachos until he learned they were made with potato chips. We only ate in the food court once. We walked over to AOA and ate there.

Nachos made with potato chips!? What the heck!? My DH will not be pleased with that.

BigAlsGal 08-25-2013 09:19 PM

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/0...rt-food-court/

Here's some info :).

roselark 08-25-2013 09:28 PM

I was so sad to see they got rid of the vegetable lo mein. That was my favorite!

DizneyLizzy 08-26-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roselark (Post 49388446)
I was so sad to see they got rid of the vegetable lo mein. That was my favorite!

Getting rid of the lo mein options was a terrible mistake! I had no idea what to eat the last time I was there.

Tip: After walking around sad and confused about the loss of the lo meins, my husband and settled on the french bread pizzas. The portion size was HUGE - even for Disney. For an adult portion, they give you two pizzas - definitely enough for two people to share. I can't recommend anything else in that food court anymore :( I usually only eat one or maybe two food court meals per stay, but next time, I will huff it over to AoA for my one time.

jsebsirois 08-26-2013 08:16 AM

Funny to see how Pop's Food Court use to be a great counter service option but not anymore... I guess I'll judge by myself in October but it sure sounds like a good thing that AoA is not too far away, just in case!

wiigirl 08-26-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Oz (Post 49386364)
I always enjoy the Tilapia sandwich with pasta salad.

:thumbsup2