The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Rumors and News (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Magic Bands and Military Tickets (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3162828)

melissabryant 08-24-2013 10:32 PM

Magic Bands and Military Tickets
 
I'm not sure if this has been posted or asked anywhere yet, so here goes. Has anyone heard anything about being able to link the Magic Bands with the Military Tickets.

We are staying at PORS in December on the military RO discount with the deluxe dining upgrade on it. So I am assuming we are going to be getting the bands for our room key and our dining. We will be purchasing the tickets from SOG. The agent there told me the tix will have the RFID chip in them. I just am wondering if anyone has heard anything about being able to link the tix and the bands together yet. Thanks

iRy 08-25-2013 02:50 AM

Hey!

We are arriving in about 12 days and we had the same questions/concerns. We bought the Armed Forces Salute tickets (which are the ones I'm assuming you'll be purchasing), and also got selected to participate in the MyMagic+ testing as well.

We were alarmed when we heard from some "sources" that the Military Tickets would NOT be able to be linked to the MagicBands and therefore we would be unable to enjoy FastPass+.

LUCKILY we recently contacted Disney's IT department and the representative confirmed that once the military tickets are ACTIVATED (at the park ticket booths or DTD guest services), they can be linked to MDE and the MagicBands and we will be able to enjoy MyMagic+, including FastPass+, to the fullest.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Navychica 08-25-2013 10:28 AM

My biggest concern with this is because we won't be able to activate FP+ before we arrive, all the good FastPasses will be gone. It's almost enough to make me think about buying full price tickets!

iRy 08-25-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Navychica (Post 49382844)
My biggest concern with this is because we won't be able to activate FP+ before we arrive, all the good FastPasses will be gone. It's almost enough to make me think about buying full price tickets!

Yeah, that is pretty much the biggest concern with us too.

When do you arrive?

If you're going while the tests are still happening, you can take some solace in knowing that you'll likely be able to take advantage of BOTH FP+ as well as FP-. Also, because only a limited number of guests are participating in the test, the availability of attraction reservations should not be impacted to the point where advance reservations are fundamental.

If you're going beyond the testing phase, such as the OP, when the service will likely have been rolled out (rumors are pointing to an October rollout, but time will tell..), you should still be able to reserve your favorite rides as Disney is apparently going to be reserving popular attraction slots for same-day reservations only.

However, beyond the next couple months is anybody's guess as to how the system will affect guest's vacation-planning, spending habits, touring style, and level of satisfaction.

Navychica 08-25-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iRy (Post 49383294)
Yeah, that is pretty much the biggest concern with us too.

When do you arrive?

If you're going while the tests are still happening, you can take some solace in knowing that you'll likely be able to take advantage of BOTH FP+ as well as FP-. Also, because only a limited number of guests are participating in the test, the availability of attraction reservations should not be impacted to the point where advance reservations are fundamental.

If you're going beyond the testing phase, such as the OP, when the service will likely have been rolled out (rumors are pointing to an October rollout, but time will tell..), you should still be able to reserve your favorite rides as Disney is apparently going to be reserving popular attraction slots for same-day reservations only.

However, beyond the next couple months is anybody's guess as to how the system will affect guest's vacation-planning, spending habits, touring style, and level of satisfaction.

We're going in late May/early June. I'm supposed to rotate in April/May, so I'm waiting for orders before actually scheduling the trip.

I'm definitely hoping they reserve some popular attractions for same day reservations; it would make everything so much easier!

hannah'sdaddy 09-01-2013 05:48 AM

This is good news, because I am going in December and always stay at Shades of Green and get my tickets there also.

iRy 09-01-2013 01:14 PM

I got my tickets last week (Armed Forces Salute tix) and was able to link them to MDE and choose FP+ before activating the tickets at the parks!

cbtengwife 09-01-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iRy (Post 49447062)
I got my tickets last week (Armed Forces Salute tix) and was able to link them to MDE and choose FP+ before activating the tickets at the parks!

Were your tickets the new ones with chip in it or was it the old tickets?

iRy 09-01-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbtengwife (Post 49447449)
Were your tickets the new ones with chip in it or was it the old tickets?

They were old, red paper tickets! We were so surprised when they were able to be linked and we could make FP+ selections.

LoveMyDogTheDoodle 09-01-2013 08:43 PM

We did this a couple of weeks ago. Booked POP with military discount and bought our tickets at SOG the day we arrived. SOG will only give you a voucher which you will exchange at Guest Services at any park for a regular RFID ticket which can be linked to MDE and work with the Magic Bands. There was plenty of availability for Fast Pass Plus even the day of. Have a great trip!

MVC1225 09-04-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iRy (Post 49447062)
I got my tickets last week (Armed Forces Salute tix) and was able to link them to MDE and choose FP+ before activating the tickets at the parks!

So were these the vouchers/tickets you bought at a military base and linked and chose FP+ before ever going to the parks?

iRy 09-05-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVC1225 (Post 49472442)
So were these the vouchers/tickets you bought at a military base and linked and chose FP+ before ever going to the parks?

Yes! I initially thought they weren't going to be able to be linked until we got there because on the front of the ticket/voucher it clearly stated that it was not a ticket and needed to be exchanged at the park. But I tried linking it anyway and to my surprise it worked and was able to be linked. MDE clearly states that I can now use the bands for park admission and allows me to make FP+ choices. I am still going to swing by the ticket booths when I get there to get a backup plastic ticket in the event that something goes wrong with the Magic Bands.

I'm leaving tomorrow morning so I'll let you know how it all pans out.

ArielRae 09-05-2013 01:11 PM

Thanks, keep us updated. :thumbsup2

iRy 09-07-2013 10:22 PM

So yeah, here now, All's good. Able to link tix to band as well as get a plastic hard copy of the card. Everything is working flawlessly.

amandahpanda 09-07-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iRy (Post 49503946)
So yeah, here now, All's good. Able to link tix to band as well as get a plastic hard copy of the card. Everything is working flawlessly.

That's great! Did you still have access to your FP+ reservations you made before you left?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.