The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Annual Pass Exchange/ Magic Band (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3161975)

Turtle31 08-22-2013 10:44 PM

Annual Pass Exchange/ Magic Band
 
Sorry in advance if this has been covered, but there are way to many threads for me to read on this subject :goodvibes. I have a reservation at BCV for Oct9th- Oct22nd, I have checked in online, I have linked everything up except we have annual pass exchange vouchers so I can't link up tickets ( at least not as far as I can tell ). When I log in to the DME app, it tells me to make fastpass+ selections but when I try it tells me I have to have valid park tickets.

Does this mean that because the system doesn't recognize me as a ticket holder I will be SOL when it comes to the fastpass+ or possibly be chosen as a tester ? I sure hope not !

Thanks ;)

Robo 08-22-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtle31 (Post 49364081)
Does this mean that because the system doesn't recognize me as a ticket holder I will be SOL when it comes to the fastpass+ or possibly be chosen as a tester ?

Maybe. Maybe not.
Some have tried calling Disney's IT dept. for help.

JRawkSteady 08-22-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtle31 (Post 49364081)
Sorry in advance if this has been covered, but there are way to many threads for me to read on this subject :goodvibes. I have a reservation at BCV for Oct9th- Oct22nd, I have checked in online, I have linked everything up except we have annual pass exchange vouchers so I can't link up tickets ( at least not as far as I can tell ). When I log in to the DME app, it tells me to make fastpass+ selections but when I try it tells me I have to have valid park tickets.

Does this mean that because the system doesn't recognize me as a ticket holder I will be SOL when it comes to the fastpass+ or possibly be chosen as a tester ? I sure hope not !

Thanks ;)

Hey, this exact thing happened to me too. When FP+ became available, it just started working. I have AP vouchers, and it is only showing up as "tickets" rather than "Magic Bands and Cards". Magic Band customization just became available to me today as well!! They will be shipping in 3 days :) For now, it looks like this won't be a problem.

Turtle31 08-22-2013 11:55 PM

We are still 49 days away so I guess I will just keep checking and hopeing ! Thanks ! pixiedust:

Turtle31 08-23-2013 01:03 AM

I figured it out !!! :banana: I went on the DME App on my iphone - when I went to link tickets it had an option that said enter ticket number or SCAN ticket. I hit scan ticket - held my phone up to the barcode on the back of the exchange voucher and it worked !!! Immediatly after doing this for everyone in my group I was able to pick out fastpass+ options for everyday we are there !!! :dance3:

work2play 08-26-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtle31 (Post 49364583)
I figured it out !!! :banana: I went on the DME App on my iphone - when I went to link tickets it had an option that said enter ticket number or SCAN ticket. I hit scan ticket - held my phone up to the barcode on the back of the exchange voucher and it worked !!! Immediatly after doing this for everyone in my group I was able to pick out fastpass+ options for everyday we are there !!! :dance3:

Thank you! Yes that worked perfectly for us as well!

DisneyWisher 08-26-2013 06:33 PM

Another way is to choose "old tickets" and enter the barcode number (not the confirmation number) that's how it worked for us.

PatMcDuck 08-26-2013 09:06 PM

I could not get it to accept my green AP vouchers. But I did not try scanning, that is a GREAT idea.

I wonder if one reason is that I bought DVC APs. They are $100 less. Normally when you activate at the park, they check your ID and your DVC card to make sure you really get that discount.

With this new system, not sure how that would work. Seems like I could assign my DVC APs to anyone?

Turtle31 08-27-2013 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatMcDuck (Post 49397716)
I could not get it to accept my green AP vouchers. But I did not try scanning, that is a GREAT idea.

I wonder if one reason is that I bought DVC APs. They are $100 less. Normally when you activate at the park, they check your ID and your DVC card to make sure you really get that discount.

With this new system, not sure how that would work. Seems like I could assign my DVC APs to anyone?

That will not work because you don't have the annual pass in your hand until you go to the ticket window and do the exchange with the appropriate paperwork.

wdwfan757 08-27-2013 05:49 PM

If scanning doesn't work for you, call the number and talk to the ticket people. They linked mine right up using the number under the barcode

keliblue 08-27-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatMcDuck (Post 49397716)
I could not get it to accept my green AP vouchers. But I did not try scanning, that is a GREAT idea.

I wonder if one reason is that I bought DVC APs. They are $100 less. Normally when you activate at the park, they check your ID and your DVC card to make sure you really get that discount.

With this new system, not sure how that would work. Seems like I could assign my DVC APs to anyone?

That worked for me, I just put in the actual numbers on the back of the green card, not the number on the confirmation paper that they're stuck too..

red712371 08-27-2013 08:20 PM

I was going to pre-purchase the AP voucher from the Disney Store. I called over the weekend to IT and asked them if I would be able to link these and they said absolutely not. I'm guessing the prepurchased voucher from the Disney store is similar to what you are talking about - are you telling me that this is possible?

Thank you in advance.

DebbieB 08-27-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatMcDuck (Post 49397716)
I could not get it to accept my green AP vouchers. But I did not try scanning, that is a GREAT idea.

I wonder if one reason is that I bought DVC APs. They are $100 less. Normally when you activate at the park, they check your ID and your DVC card to make sure you really get that discount.

With this new system, not sure how that would work. Seems like I could assign my DVC APs to anyone?

I was able to attach the will call # on my DVC AP to my November reservation. I did it on my computer, not my phone.

keliblue 08-27-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red712371 (Post 49406510)
I was going to pre-purchase the AP voucher from the Disney Store. I called over the weekend to IT and asked them if I would be able to link these and they said absolutely not. I'm guessing the prepurchased voucher from the Disney store is similar to what you are talking about - are you telling me that this is possible?

Thank you in advance.

I purchased 2 annual passes via Dvc member website 6 months ago and received 2 green exchange vouchers (look like a credit card). 2 days ago I went on MDE and linked them on the add tickets page (one of the choices is "add exchange certificates").. It asks you to put in the voucher # ( on the back of the card not the confirmation number on the paper). I did it first with one at which time it asked who it was for, then I did the other. right after that I was able to pick my magic bands and my FP+ picks. Keep in mind, I am staying at a test resort AKL Jambo

red712371 08-27-2013 08:50 PM

Thank you for that helpful information! :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.