The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Zombies at CRT (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3161900)

bonne403 08-22-2013 07:51 PM

Zombies at CRT
 
Just 4 weeks until our trip! We are attending MNSSHP on Tuesday, September 24. It is also the only day we were able to secure reservations for CRT. Our family of 4 was planning on dressing up as Zombie cheerleaders/football players for the party. We will hit MK at RD, head back to the resort at noon for a rest and wardrobe change, and head back to MK for our 4 o'clock reservations and stay through the party.

My question is, will it be too bizarre for us to be dressed up in this way at CRT? I'm picturing a sea of little girls in princess garb and then we'll walk in with our crazy costumes. I suppose we could bring them and change after dinner but that feels like a huge hassle.

Thoughts?

MEK 08-22-2013 08:19 PM

I actually think its kind of cool. There are a lot of costumes out and about before the parties start. I don't think there's a rule that says you can't.

lulubelle 08-22-2013 08:33 PM

No, not too bizarre, but your story made me giggle. Have a great time. :)

mum2four 08-22-2013 09:16 PM

Haha, this is one of the best thread titles I've seen in a awhile. I think it would be pretty funny to see zombies at CRT. :upsidedow

DummbGiRL 08-22-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lulubelle
No, not too bizarre, but your story made me giggle. Have a great time. :)

I agree! Have the best time!

nimbuscat 08-23-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mum2four (Post 49363412)
Haha, this is one of the best thread titles I've seen in a awhile. I think it would be pretty funny to see zombies at CRT. :upsidedow

This! Go and enjoy! The princesses may even have a little fun with you.

Deb & Bill 08-23-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonne403 (Post 49362601)
Just 4 weeks until our trip! We are attending MNSSHP on Tuesday, September 24. It is also the only day we were able to secure reservations for CRT. Our family of 4 was planning on dressing up as Zombie cheerleaders/football players for the party. We will hit MK at RD, head back to the resort at noon for a rest and wardrobe change, and head back to MK for our 4 o'clock reservations and stay through the party.

My question is, will it be too bizarre for us to be dressed up in this way at CRT? I'm picturing a sea of little girls in princess garb and then we'll walk in with our crazy costumes. I suppose we could bring them and change after dinner but that feels like a huge hassle.

Thoughts?

I'll be the dissenter. I think I would be concerned about scaring little kids dining with the princesses at this meal.

The theme for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is not so scary. Not sure zombies fit that theme.

wiigirl 08-23-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MEK (Post 49362910)
I actually think its kind of cool. There are a lot of costumes out and about before the parties start. I don't think there's a rule that says you can't.

:thumbsup2

jimmysmom74 08-23-2013 12:48 PM

As an adult I find this hilarious, but might scare kids. You have to post pics of zombies and princesses though. This idea is great, as long as the little girls in there aren't screaming and crying the whole time.:lmao:

smiths02 08-23-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deb & Bill (Post 49368334)
I'll be the dissenter. I think I would be concerned about scaring little kids dining with the princesses at this meal.

The theme for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is not so scary. Not sure zombies fit that theme.

I haven't been to MNSSHP, but I would agree. While there will be lots of people dressed up for the party in the park, a lot of the families who have a reservation at 4 are just there for CRT.

purple figment 08-23-2013 01:18 PM

I think it depends on how much blood, gore and scary factor there is in your costumes and make up. For many little girls dressed to the hilt in their princess outfits and BBB makeover, meeting the Princesses is a highlight of their trip. I would feel very badly if my make up and costume scared the little 3 or 4 year old at the next table.

Although many people are in costume I've only seen a handful of scary (to little kids) kinds of outfits in all of the parties I've been to. Maybe you could wear your costumes, but put on the make up after dinner.

jadelane1 08-23-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purple figment
I think it depends on how much blood, gore and scary factor there is in your costumes and make up. For many little girls dressed to the hilt in their princess outfits and BBB makeover, meeting the Princesses is a highlight of their trip. I would feel very badly if my make up and costume scared the little 3 or 4 year old at the next table.

Although many people are in costume I've only seen a handful of scary (to little kids) kinds of outfits in all of the parties I've been to. Maybe you could wear your costumes, but put on the make up after dinner.

I think this is a great idea. Dress in the costumes and do the make up after dinner. I think that would be the best solution for everyone. I know that it would upset me to see my little one not enjoy CRT. While I think the idea is funny I also think you should have some consideration for other families too.

bumbershoot 08-23-2013 02:07 PM

While I"m sure the OP will have her family as sort of "zombie LITE", given that it's the "NOT so scary" party....it was zombies on Good Luck Charlie that got my son to stop watching that show. The family as zombies just scared the crud out of him. And I think it might have messed with my little cousin, too, because at the end of school kids started bringing in their own shows and movies, and there was *something* involving zombies that gave her nightmares. They'd been thinking it was a horrid zombie movie, but when I told them about my son and the Good Luck Charlie zombie episode they realized it might have been that. (they took my cousin out of that school over the zombie-movie issue...this MASSIVELY affected my little cousin)

So even if they are on the "lite" side of zombies, it could really mess up a little kid who is just there to eat in the castle.

I know I wouldn't do it. (wouldn't be a zombie for MNSSHP, actually, but then I'm not one for gore to begin with)

cobright 08-23-2013 02:52 PM

Voice of moderation then ... Ashen faced, gaunt, and shambling might be okay but face half decayed and an eyeball falling out ... not so much.

jtowntoflorida 08-23-2013 03:57 PM

Honestly, the atmosphere at CRT is so chaotic (with all the princesses and such) that I have never paid attention to another guest. Go and have fun with it, OP! I think most little princesses there will be distracted by the real princesses to pay any attention to you. Unless you are a great makeup artist (not trying to imply you're not!) I'm sure a zombie is just going to look like an old person in torn clothes to most little kids. LOL. Even the MNSSHP parade has zombies in it!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.