The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Early Checkin (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3161744)

Jrpbabe2003 08-22-2013 02:38 PM

Early Checkin

What is the earliest you have checked in and been able to get a room? My husband just found out he will be able to leave work early, making arrival in the morning instead of in the evening:-) . We will probably be tired after driving for 15ish hours.

aaarcher86 08-22-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jrpbabe2003 (Post 49359286)
What is the earliest you have checked in and been able to get a room? My husband just found out he will be able to leave work early, making arrival in the morning instead of in the evening:-) . We will probably be tired after driving for 15ish hours.

Check in is 3:00pm EST. If you get there earlier you can head to the front desk and check in. If your room is ready they will let you into it, but there are no guarantees before 3p that your room will be available.

disnut8 08-22-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaarcher86 (Post 49359663)
Check in is 3:00pm EST. If you get there earlier you can head to the front desk and check in. If your room is ready they will let you into it, but there are no guarantees before 3p that your room will be available.

I would look at doing online check in since you can put an anticipated arrival time in that document. However, I totally agree with the bolded sentence above. I also highly suggest you don,t have any other room requests like a certain floor or building.

aaarcher86 08-22-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disnut8 (Post 49359824)
I would look at doing online check in since you can put an anticipated arrival time in that document. However, I totally agree with the bolded sentence above. I also highly suggest you don,t have any other room requests like a certain floor or building.

I'd agree with this. We usually do the same and put an hour before we'll actually be arriving :thumbsup2

herb102211 08-22-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaarcher86 (Post 49359835)
I'd agree with this. We usually do the same and put an hour before we'll actually be arriving :thumbsup2

We do the same! It's hit or miss. Sometimes our room is ready when get there (around 11am) and sometimes we've had to wait a hour or so. There's only been once in all of the times we've been to WDW that our room wasn't ready until the actual checkin time (3pm). Not sure if we're lucky or not, but I think they do try to do their best to accommodate those guests they know are waiting for their rooms.

hooch11bear 08-22-2013 03:56 PM

We were just there a few weeks ago. When I did Early Check-In online, I stated what time I thought we would be arriving. When we got to POR, our room was ready when we arrived. I was shocked because we checked in around 9:30 am. They will do their best to accomodate the time that you requested, but there is no guarantee. It was so nice because we were up extremely early for our flight and had some time to rest. On our previous trips, our room wasn't ready until the afternoon because I didn't state our arrival time.

tobikaye 08-22-2013 03:58 PM

For most of my stays, I have usually checked in before 3 pm. All, but one of those I was able to get into my room right then. The earliest was 9 am. More than half of those trips were before the online check-in option.

The one time my room was not ready until after 4 pm, but that was a HA roll-in shower at FW so it wasn't like they could just give me another room that was already ready. If we had not needed the HA roll-in shower, they would have had us in right away when we checked in at 1 pm that trip.

jsebsirois 08-22-2013 04:03 PM

We have always checked in before 3PM. We once arrived at the hotel just before noon and we were able to have our room. Have to say that for that early arrival, we did the online check in.

Hope it will help you!

MKFan-PR 08-22-2013 05:01 PM

You can check-in as early as 6:00am (which is when the "new day" starts at the hotels). Your room may or may not be ready, depending on resort occupancy, room type availability, etc. They will try their best to put you in an available room when you check-in, but there are no guarantees. In 10+ trips, only once we've had to wait for a room after 3pm. We've been able to have our room ready as early as 9:00am (at the Poly with specific longhouse requests!:thumbsup2).

It does help if you do online check-in and put the hour you expect to arrive. It also helps if you don't have room requests (but if you do, they'll try to accomodate you and have your room ready when you arrive).

CuteAsMinnie 08-22-2013 06:14 PM

We usually check-in in the morning, usually around 10:30 am. All request have always been met and our room has always been ready. We have been lucky.

Have never done on-line check-in.

:thumbsup2

Kristibo42 08-22-2013 06:17 PM

Last time we had 10 rooms. We checked in at 11am. Out of the 10 7 were ready. That was nice. And within 20 minutes of getting to the rooms luggage was there. The 3 that were not ready we just put there luggage in our room.

chocovrdmicears 08-22-2013 06:19 PM

Last trip when we checked into AKL at 9:30am our room was ready. We did not do online check in. It truly is hit or miss.
I think day of the week will make a difference as well - Sat and Sunday are popular check-in/check out days. During the week you may have a better chance of getting your room earlier.

goofy4tink 08-22-2013 07:22 PM

I routinely get into my room well before official room ready check in time. But.....that doesn't happen often at DVC resorts. So it depends on the resort, the time of year, and day of the week.