The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Beer @ POR (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3161311)

joanng 08-21-2013 05:32 PM

Beer @ POR

Anyone know how much it is for beer at Fultons Gen Store @ POR? or the food court? Considering using Garden Grocer or walking to the Hess station , just want opinions!

Gorechick 08-21-2013 05:45 PM

Ask on the POR thread, Andre ( thread mod ) will know.

photos_101 08-21-2013 05:48 PM

I do know that cans of beer are around $15.00 for a 6pk at the food courts and resort market areas.

Nohal 08-21-2013 06:14 PM

I thought last year that a bottle of beer was $6. Take a walk to the Hess station!

lizabean 08-21-2013 06:47 PM

beer

disney beer by the can is as much as a 6 pack in jersey from some one who likes that golden brew ....nector of the gods universal bring a credit card. at least at dis you can buy it at the resort not so at a universal hotel

Micca 08-21-2013 08:41 PM

Unless you're just having one or two, best to try off site. If you have a large group consuming a large amount, it would probably be cost effective to get a cab to a liquor or grocery store for the purchase. :earsboy:

flamark 08-21-2013 08:43 PM

I don't think a walk to the Hess would be practical from the resort. You could walk to the Hess that's across the street from DTD if you were at DTD with no problem but from the resort, I would estimate it to be at least 2-3 miles AND there really isn't any kind of sidewalk. Let me know your dates and if we are there at the same time I would happily "carry you" (as we say here in the south)to the store. HTH

flamark 08-21-2013 08:49 PM

I don't think a walk to the Hess would be practical from the resort. You could walk to the Hess that's across the street from DTD if you were at DTD with no problem but from the resort, I would estimate it to be at least 2-3 miles AND there really isn't any kind of sidewalk. Let me know your dates and if we are there at the same time I would happily "carry you" (as we say here in the south)to the store. HTH

Micca 08-21-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flamark (Post 49353096)

That's a very considerate offer. I've kind of wondered why there isn't a "cab-pool" option for WDW guests. 2-3 guests could share a cab to a store and load it up with goodies. Seems like a Dis member kind of thing to do. I'm guessing there are people checking into the resorts every few hours who would participate. Just a thought:earsboy:

flamark 08-21-2013 09:06 PM

[QUOTE=Micca;49353199]That's a very considerate offer. I've kind of wondered why there isn't a "cab-pool" option for WDW guests. 2-3 guests could share a cab to a store and load it up with goodies. Seems like a Dis member kind of thing to do. I'm guessing there are people checking into the resorts every few hours who would participate. Just a thought:earsboy:[/QUOTE

Thank you! Doesn't seem like that big of a deal to help someone out, especially where liquid refreshment is concerned. That DOES seem like a very DIS thing to do! That would probably help out a lot of folks!

Shaden 08-21-2013 09:22 PM

yea its VERY expensive.

I think 15 for a 6 pack is about right.

Some of the bottles of booze were like 20+ for a 12oz.

So I suggest using garden grocer, which we did, had 48 beer delivered ... for two weeks ... :)

Another good suggestion if you like vodka, the Norway pavilion in Epcot, you can buy some very good Norwegian Vodko $20 for 40oz.

DanInMN 08-21-2013 09:23 PM

Beer Run

I'm in for a beer run on 9/21! We are taking DME and have no transportation.

KonaKaiTom 08-22-2013 11:16 AM

A six pack of Corona would have been $36 at POR, a cab ride to the local pharmacy (had someone in our party get sick and needed to fill a prescription) was $14 and a 12 pack of Corona there was on sale for $11.99 Score me 1, and Disney 0.

Tom

KonaKaiTom 08-22-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micca (Post 49353199)
That's a very considerate offer. I've kind of wondered why there isn't a "cab-pool" option for WDW guests. 2-3 guests could share a cab to a store and load it up with goodies. Seems like a Dis member kind of thing to do. I'm guessing there are people checking into the resorts every few hours who would participate. Just a thought:earsboy:

Take the boat to DTD, get off the boat, walk to the Hess station, reverse on the boat back to POR. Man, I think I'm sounding like an alcoholic!

Tom

wiigirl 08-22-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micca (Post 49353073)
Unless you're just having one or two, best to try off site. If you have a large group consuming a large amount, it would probably be cost effective to get a cab to a liquor or grocery store for the purchase. :earsboy:

:thumbsup2