The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Port Orleans Riverside, French Quarter, CBR, or even Coronado?! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3161260)

Surfinpiratee 08-21-2013 03:29 PM

Port Orleans Riverside, French Quarter, CBR, or even Coronado?!

We know we want to stay at a mod. Probably Won't be Coronado, but I figured I'd throw that one in there too.

I can't decide which resort...they're all so beautiful :)

Which is your favorite and why?! Or which have you stayed at? Did you love it?!

dngrmys 08-21-2013 04:15 PM

We have stayed at all of the moderates and Coronado is our favorite. It's often referred to as deluxe-lite and we'd agree. The grounds are beautiful and the common areas are great. Coronado is a big resort, but with the way we eat on vacation, we don't mind the additional exercise. ;)

~Piglet~ 08-21-2013 06:08 PM

POR did nothing for us, neither did FQ (just visited not stayed there) but Coronado was great, all of our party loved it there (four different families) we spent more time at CSR than we did at other resorts on previous trips... don't discount Coronado!! ;) :upsidedow

karly05 08-21-2013 06:23 PM

After 3 Deluxe stays, this year I went Mod and stayed at POFQ. I loved it, and am going back there next year! It's pretty and charming and - its biggest selling point - small. Nothing's a very far walk from anywhere. The boat to/from DTD is so much nicer than hassling with the buses there, if that's on your agenda. I had good luck with the POFQ buses; we did occasionally share with Riverside, but not that often, and FQ was first-on, first-off. Lots of breakfast choices in the food court (that's the only meal I ate there).

I chose POFQ for the size, and I liked the looks of it from video/photos. You'll get all sorts of opinions on all the Mods, and in the end I think it mostly comes down to which one looks most appealing to you.

DisneyGal24 08-21-2013 06:38 PM

Stayed one night at POFQ in June and loved it! I liked the size and theme. It was very relaxing.

Eeyore's My Favorite 08-21-2013 06:46 PM

Our family loves POR - we stay in a preferred room & just love all the amenities in the resort. The boat to DTD is an adventure in itself. The resort has so much to offer. If u haven't had a chance to check out Andre's website www.portorleans.org. It shows u everything you might want to know. We haven't stayed in the mansions section yet but that's for next time. Food court is great too.

dansdad 08-21-2013 06:52 PM

We've stayed at POR, POFQ and CBR. CBR is our favorite hands down. Don't get me wrong, we enjoyed POR and POFQ but CBR is our favorite. We like the relaxed and laid back atmosphere at CBR, it's such a nice break from the parks. It's big so it feels like a resort and not a hotel. Every village has it's own quiet pool and bus stop so you are never far from one. We like the food court better, the lay out and the choices just work better. The feature pool is also a huge hit with us.

You can't go wrong with any of them so take a look at them all and pick the theme you like best.

nkereina 08-21-2013 08:01 PM

Our favorite has been POR, although we are trying CSR for the first time this fall. We did not care for POFQ - the smallness of the resort made it feel cluttered and crowded to us, even during low crowd season when we go. CBR hasn't appealed to us much, but I'd consider it once it undergoes a refurb.

saskdw 08-21-2013 09:02 PM

Not sure why you are ruling out CSR, it's by the far the most Deluxe of the Mod resorts and our favorite hands down!

dminnie 08-22-2013 06:37 PM

I rank them in this order:
1. CSR Pretty resort, especially at night. most deluxe feel with duvet covers on beds, health club, really great quiet pools, etc. IMHO best bus service, only drawbacks for us were the tipping at Pepper Market and distance between main pool and food court. Nicest pool with longest slide and largest hot tub.
2. POR Pretty resort, but like mansions better than AB, good food court, boat to DTD. nice pool
3. CBR Nice grounds. Rooms need to be renovated. Still only has full sized beds. Food court not as good. nice pool, especially for little kids(separate area for them that looks like fun)
4. POFQ We just don't like the theme. The pool is pretty lame(smallish and the slide is VERY tame...not very exciting at all). No quiet pools. No TS restaurant. We like how the other resorts ARE more spread out...the others have more grassy areas, pretty plants and shrubs and just a more relaxing feel for us. Also, POFQ never has as good discounts as the other mod. resorts (when the others offer 25-30% off, POFQ typically only has 5% off). Not worth it to us just to have a little less walking.

MrEVILdrPorkchop2u 08-22-2013 07:10 PM

We have stayed at POR and CSR. POR use to be our favorite moderate....that was until we stayed at CSR. we LOVED it there. Felt more like a deluxe than the other. Beautiful resort, great rooms and awesome service. It was such a great stay that we have another trip booked at CSR again. Can't say enough positive things. POR is nice......CSR is sooooo much NICER!