The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Dining Plan (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Free dining Feb 2014? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3160198)

Michigan_Minnie 08-19-2013 03:21 PM

Free dining Feb 2014?

Does anyone have a guess when free dining for February will be announced? Thanks!

FiggieFan 08-19-2013 04:05 PM

Last year they did not offer free dining for February - they had a Play, Stay and Dine discount instead. It became available in October around October 10.

aaarcher86 08-19-2013 04:54 PM

I think the PP means for 2013 they didn't have FD for the public (it feels weird that it was just earlier this year, I know lol). Pins have also already gone out for the spring of next year and are for SPD again... the likelihood of them offering FD to the public is very slim. SPD may become available sometimes in October/November for the beginning of next year.

With this discount, adults pay child prices on the DP and tickets.

TDC Nala 08-20-2013 11:03 AM

I'm pretty sure you shouldn't count on free dining at all for February 2014, although you never know. The fact that the PIN offers for the beginning of 2014 are for Stay Play and Dine, not for free dining, does not bode well at all for public free dining. If I had to guess I would say we should not look for free dining before September again.

heehee611 08-23-2013 10:44 AM

Free dining in February

They absolutely DID have free dining last February, because we were there and that's what we had! it was not the Stay,Play, & Dine deal. They announced it in October, so hang in there another month and a half :) We're going again in February only if we can get a similar deal to last year. Every year they say they *might* do away with free dining, you just never know until the time comes. Good luck!

aaarcher86 08-23-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heehee611 (Post 49367306)
They absolutely DID have free dining last February, because we were there and that's what we had! it was not the Stay,Play, & Dine deal. They announced it in October, so hang in there another month and a half :) We're going again in February only if we can get a similar deal to last year. Every year they say they *might* do away with free dining, you just never know until the time comes. Good luck!

You are probably referring to February 2012, in which case you are correct.

February 2013 they DID NOT have FD without a pin code. Considering the pins this year (which have better deals/dates than public offers) are already for the SPD and not FD (which again, didn't happen THIS year) it is very safe to say it's not happening.

TDC Nala 08-23-2013 12:02 PM

There was no public free dining in February 2013. 2012 was the last time that happened.

If you had free dining this past February, it was a PIN code or a bounceback, or you are British.

jcieutat 08-25-2013 06:53 AM

I have my fingers crossed for some sort of discount the first week of March. If I don't get something by October or so I am looking at cancelling my pkg and booking a DVC rental through a 3rd party agency. I can stay at AKL or BWI cheaper than POFQ that way.