The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Rumors and News (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Avatarland!!!! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3159521)

Postal68 08-18-2013 10:26 AM

Looks about exciting as HEMORRHOID LAND from looking at some of the feedback from D23

a*lil*bit*goofy 08-18-2013 11:19 AM

I honestly can't believe that they are still going to go ahead with this. What a waste of time and space and money. I really thought that with the lack of interest, they would quietly do away with the project.
Avatarland? Honestly? All I see is an abandoned area like the old waterpark.

Just my opinion of course

Princess Katherine 08-18-2013 11:21 AM

I'm joining this! I hate this idea! I would rather have any other land in AK then a stupid movie. I did not like the movie. This will drive me away! I'm more excited about death than this recent development! If they go through with this I will never enter that area again. Ew.

Katie

jimmysmom74 08-18-2013 11:23 AM

I just saw an updated travel channel show lat week which included imagineers plans for avatarland. I think there are so many other, more interesting ideas, out there. Wish they would scrap this one.

labfan 08-18-2013 11:24 AM

I agree. I think Avatar is so over-rated. Will not be visiting this section of the park as it has no interest to me what so ever. No one I know even liked the story. What a waste.

Maggie7313 08-18-2013 11:27 AM

I still have hopes for Avatarland. I absolutely HATED the movie but Pandora was truly beautiful. I think it could be a lovely, sparkly place to wander through.

Tbiafore 08-18-2013 11:28 AM

Agree to some extent...Not excited about Avatar Land, but if the rides or entertainment is fun and enjoyable I will go...

Delirium 08-18-2013 11:29 AM

Not sure how people can pass such strong judgement without seeing the final product. 100 years ago if someone told your ancestors that there would be multiple theme parks world-wide built around a Mouse and his friends, they probably would have thought it sounded crazy as well.

jkjs 08-18-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delirium (Post 49318371)
Not sure how people can pass such strong judgement without seeing the final product. 100 years ago if someone told your ancestors that there would be multiple theme parks world-wide built around a Mouse and his friends, they probably would have thought it sounded crazy as well.

I guess the point is if Disney was routinely building more attractions/parks and Avatar land was only one of those then people wouldn't have an issue.

But the fact that Avatar land is being built when other arguably better lands could be built is making people scratch their heads.

a*lil*bit*goofy 08-18-2013 11:35 AM

I have seen Avatar. It was 100% overrated. The CGI graphics, were, yes, amazing. But otherwise, it was a "see it once" movie. I really think Avatarland was a stupid idea. Someone must have thought "Geez, Universal got the Harry Potter ticket....dang, lets get a jump on...>Avatar< " ugh.

Swim Spence 08-18-2013 11:41 AM

I was one of the ones taking up for Avatarland at first. It has taken so long with no information that interest has been kind of lost for me. I think they will do it great because it is Disney I just wish they would hurry it up....

Odelay 08-18-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess Katherine (Post 49318309)
I'm joining this! I hate this idea! I would rather have any other land in AK then a stupid movie. I did not like the movie. This will drive me away! I'm more excited about death than this recent development! If they go through with this I will never enter AK again. Ew.

Katie

You would rather die than go on an Avatar ride?

I loveStitchnippyjon 08-18-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a*lil*bit*goofy (Post 49318292)
I honestly can't believe that they are still going to go ahead with this. What a waste of time and space and money. I really thought that with the lack of interest, they would quietly do away with the project.
Avatarland? Honestly? All I see is an abandoned area like the old waterpark.

Just my opinion of course

My opinion also. :bitelip: Well, AK day will go faster with skipping AvatarLand completely...

Delirium 08-18-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I loveStitchnippyjon (Post 49318485)
My opinion also. :bitelip: Well, AK day will go faster with skipping AvatarLand completely...

So, you'll skip it even though you have no idea right now what the final attractions will be like? You can honestly say that just because you didn't like the movie?

Did you like the Space Mountain Movie? How about the flick that Big Thunder Mountain Railroad was based on? And, I'm sure evryone that rides Rock N Rollercoaster is an Aerosmith fan. Let's not forget how much money Test Track made in the theaters.

I hope the Avatar attractions turn out to be the best attractions in all of WDW. Based on what I'm seeing here, crowds should be low, because everybody here already knows they are going to hate it.

Princess Katherine 08-18-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odelay (Post 49318482)

You would rather die than go on an Avatar ride?

My opinion.

Katie